helljumper51

Vehicle Replacement - Light Equipment truck with the Hazmat Truck

Alright guys, does anyone know how I can switch the Hazmat truck and the light equipment truck? i kinda like to use it as a rescue squad/car accident first response vehicle.

Note: I tried to use the other forums posts for help but some of the things have changed in the scripts. so i am lost here ><

Alright guys, does anyone know how I can switch the Hazmat truck and the light equipment truck? i kinda like to use it as a rescue squad/car accident first response vehicle.

Note: I tried to use the other forums posts for help but some of the things have changed in the scripts. so i am lost here ><

Hi Helljumper51,

In order for that change to truly work, you need to edit several scripts; BattalionChief.script, Firestation.script, StartFirestation.script and ToFirestation.script.

If you edit all of these correctly, it will be a total replacement which will also allow you to call the HES using the call Hazmat button. Once you have the scripts all sorted out all you then need to do is open the EM4/911FR editor and edit the Heavy equipment squad (add the Vcmdstandbyon command and VcmdToFirestation command), then edit the HAZMAT (remove the VcmdToFirestation command).

You will then find all the features work perfectly, including standby and call Hazmat.

Please find below all the edited files you need, just add to the scripts/game/comand folder, then edit the units as stated above and you will have much trouble free gaming.

Replace_HAZMAT_with_HES_Complete.rar created using v1.8 scripts

Enjoy :)

This is great!!! But one question, I have my version of the mod modified so that the Heavy Equipment Squad takes the place of the Hazmat Truck at Station 2. Will this change affect that?

Thanks again.

Hi jaywilly,

The scripts included in that package will return the hazmat truck to station 2 instead of Heavy Equipment Squad. For everything to work properly with the Hazmat truck at station 2 you will have to use the editor to give the vcmd tofirstation command back to the hazmat truck (as you would have removed that command when making the earlier change).

If you need any more info just let me know.

Hi USAFFirefighter,

just a quick question. Have you had much experience with the game editor ? I am preparing the scripts for you but you will need to add several virtual objects to the map. Have you had any experience with that ?

EDIT:

I took the liberty of making a complete download with all the necessary changes, including the maps and prototypes.

All you need to do is download this file and extract using winrar. The extracted folder (Add Brush and Heavy Equip to v1.8) will contain a folder called "Los Angeles Mod v1.8". If you copy this folder and paste into the 911 - First Responders/Mods folder on your computer (you should already have a folder of the same name in the mods folder), when you paste it will over-write the necessary data to make the changes (when you paste the files you will be asked if you want to over-write existing files - which you do). When you next start the mod you will be right to go, the brush truck and Heavy Equipment Squad will appear at the beginning of Freeplay game - parked at rear of station 1 near the BC and the personnel will be running out to staff the vehicles, both vehicles will now have the tofirstation command (I have also added patrol command to Heavy Equipment Squad).

It is important to remember that once the vehicles have returned to station, the personnel will get out of the vehicle and you must alarm firestation 1 to restaff the vehicle before responding to an incident.

Add_Brush_and_Heavy_Equip_to_v1.8.rar

Hope this is what you need.

You are so awesome! But to my point I have the the thing where when your trucks return to the station the trucks stay staffed, is it possible you can make a script that keeps the HES and Brush staffed?

Sorry, I meant changing Hazmat with Heavy Rescue

Hazmat is not the same size as the Heavy Rescue (Fire Crane ) so you can't really just switch them out without editing the 'virtual object' I believe in the editor. I may be wrong but that is what I think you have to do but I'm sure someone else could assist you more

Hazmat is not the same size as the Heavy Rescue (Fire Crane ) so you can't really just switch them out without editing the 'virtual object' I believe in the editor. I may be wrong but that is what I think you have to do but I'm sure someone else could assist you more

Hi all,

Sorry for my absence, but have been out of town . jsutton is correct, the virtual object would have to be modified to fit the crane. I am a bit concerned that the size required may be too large to fit in the plantroom of the station and could affect the opening and closing of the station doors (height may also be a problem). I would suggest adding the crane to Firestation 1, as I have done with my personal mod, as an extra vehicle (it parkes nicely alongside the firestation with plenty of room for manoevreing).

You are so awesome! But to my point I have the the thing where when your trucks return to the station the trucks stay staffed, is it possible you can make a script that keeps the HES and Brush staffed?

Hi Dominic22,

Thanks for your comments. Regarding the script to keep the Brush and HES staffed, it can be easily made (in fact I have one which I can modify already), however there are changes that would need to made to the prototypes in order for it to work - so you will need to be able to add commands to vehicles in the game editor. Currently, all you have to do is to remember to alarm firestation 1 before responding them. I actually have the control panel hot keyed so I can do this easily, plus it is more realistic if they have to get to the vehicle before it responds on a case.

Just let me know what you need and I will do my best to help.

I didn't have a problem with it. From what I played with it worked for me.

- Jon

jsutton, if you want I can send you a pm of the edited peices for that. You would just have to find where they were in the scripts. I would tell you what scripts to change and what to change them too. Just let me know.

- Jon

For the heavy rescue? I really don't use it but maybe twice during my whole time playing the freeplay so I don't have any use for it being in the station. What I found easiest to do is just switch the USAR fire truck for the HES and the Hazmat for the USAR and now all I want to learn to do is try to edit Station 1 so I can fit 2 HES in one bay instead of 1 just like the fire trucks are set up.

I have a list of things I want to do but I have to learn how to do it first.

For the heavy rescue? I really don't use it but maybe twice during my whole time playing the freeplay so I don't have any use for it being in the station. What I found easiest to do is just switch the USAR fire truck for the HES and the Hazmat for the USAR and now all I want to learn to do is try to edit Station 1 so I can fit 2 HES in one bay instead of 1 just like the fire trucks are set up.

I have a list of things I want to do but I have to learn how to do it first.

Where are you trying to put them in place of the USAR trucks in the first station? If you are have you just tried to play the game and purchas another one and send it to the station?

Where are you trying to put them in place of the USAR trucks in the first station? If you are have you just tried to play the game and purchas another one and send it to the station?

I have moved around the trucks in my fire stations. In Station 1, the USAR is no longer there and it is replaced by the HES. Since I put the HES in the USAR bay, I should be able to put another HES behind the first one just like the Engine 1 and Engine 2 are set up. So my plan is to add I guess another 'virtual object' for the second HES and I'm guessing extra scripting in order to do this? Now in Station 2, I have replaced the Hazmat with the USAR. Only thing I have not got around is edit the LAfirestart or whatever the Fire Station start script is called.

Sooner or later, I'm going to edit the map and put certain fire trucks around the map where they are used the most at.

( Sorry for my wording )

Guest jaywilly
Hi jaywilly,

The scripts included in that package will return the hazmat truck to station 2 instead of Heavy Equipment Squad. For everything to work properly with the Hazmat truck at station 2 you will have to use the editor to give the vcmd tofirstation command back to the hazmat truck (as you would have removed that command when making the earlier change).

If you need any more info just let me know.

Is there any way to incorporate these changes into one set of scripts?

Okay, shane I want it like that, the Heavy in station one. Do you have a script for it?

Hey Dominic22,

I have completed the script alterations you need but I am having some problems with the Battalion Chief script to call the Heavy Rescue Crane in place of the Hazmat. I'm working on it.

Hey Dominic22,

I have completed the script alterations you need but I am having some problems with the Battalion Chief script to call the Heavy Rescue Crane in place of the Hazmat. I'm working on it.

i saw on a screenshot you posted of your station 1 that the Heavy Rescue crane is just next to the station, which made me wonder why you have not just replaced the USAR with the Heavy Rescue Crane? both of the trucks are mainly used for traffic accidents and both have the jaws so what is your reason for keeping the USAR?

and thank you for doing all those scripts for us, so here is a beer for you :drink:

i saw on a screenshot you posted of your station 1 that the Heavy Rescue crane is just next to the station, which made me wonder why you have not just replaced the USAR with the Heavy Rescue Crane? both of the trucks are mainly used for traffic accidents and both have the jaws so what is your reason for keeping the USAR?

and thank you for doing all those scripts for us, so here is a beer for you :drink:

Thats a good idea. I never thought of that. Now i am going to rework my firestations.....again.

- Jon

Hi Sirius7dk,

The heavy rescue crane I tend to only use for vehicles in the water, the USAR truck I often use for lighting purposes as well as road rescue (I tend to use the Heavy Equipment Squad for road rescues mostly), plus I am still hopeful that one day the game may give me an incident with a building collapse with persons trapped :D .

And thanks for the beer :cheers:

At current the only time i find flood lights to be of use is on the hacker mission when the city has no power.

take it thats a delux. mission?

They can be useful in night time missions in freeplay when there is little or no light, especially injured people at nights, when there is little to no light, you flick on the LAFD ambulance's light, and its all good, same goes for the USAR truck, and the others... The floodlight can be useful when it gets dark. It is also good when cars go off the road at night, lets you light it up a bit, because usually it is not a well lit area

Hey Dominic22,

Okay, I really do appreciate it. Just curious, would it make a difference if the HRC was in FS1 and USAR was in FS2?