helljumper51

Vehicle Replacement - Light Equipment truck with the Hazmat Truck

Guest seansharlos
Hi Helljumper51,

In order for that change to truly work, you need to edit several scripts; BattalionChief.script, Firestation.script, StartFirestation.script and ToFirestation.script.

If you edit all of these correctly, it will be a total replacement which will also allow you to call the HES using the call Hazmat button. Once you have the scripts all sorted out all you then need to do is open the EM4/911FR editor and edit the Heavy equipment squad (add the Vcmdstandbyon command and VcmdToFirestation command), then edit the HAZMAT (remove the VcmdToFirestation command).

You will then find all the features work perfectly, including standby and call Hazmat.

Please find below all the edited files you need, just add to the scripts/game/comand folder, then edit the units as stated above and you will have much trouble free gaming.

Replace_HAZMAT_with_HES_Complete.rar created using v1.8 scripts

Enjoy :)

first of all, thank you, i use your modification and enjoying it.

second, i would like to know how to staff the ladder with 4 FF and the USAR with 4 USAR FF automaticly when the alarm is raised and every time that i call for those units. i know that their was a post about it but it didn't work for me, probably becuase of the new scripts replacing the HAZMAT with the HES. i'll be very grateful if you could post the scripts like you did or tell me what to change and where.

seansharlos

Here is an amazing idea, maybe when hoppah is done with the map and the 1000 trucks we all asked him to make, he can make it so when you select freeplay, you can decide which trucks you want in the station, then click start and they are there.

MIKE

CCFES

Just to add onto what monkey said, i am pretty sure thats impossible. Even if it were possible that would be a whole shit load of work for hoopah and team..granted everything they do is a shit load of work, but it would be far far far above the call of duty. Its a good idea, I love the idea, but I am pretty sure it is close to impossible if not completely impossible.

Guest seansharlos

To MonkeySquasher and ShaneGreen,

thank you very much.

it worked perfectly. i will look up the scripts to see where i made my mistake, probably something stupid.

seansharlos

To MonkeySquasher and ShaneGreen,

thank you very much.

it worked perfectly. i will look up the scripts to see where i made my mistake, probably something stupid.

seansharlos

Hi seansharlos,

You are most welcome :cheers: . It is not something stupid, it is a learning opportunity - we all go through it.

Hi USAFFirefighter,

just a quick question. Have you had much experience with the game editor ? I am preparing the scripts for you but you will need to add several virtual objects to the map. Have you had any experience with that ?

EDIT:

I took the liberty of making a complete download with all the necessary changes, including the maps and prototypes.

All you need to do is download this file and extract using winrar. The extracted folder (Add Brush and Heavy Equip to v1.8) will contain a folder called "Los Angeles Mod v1.8". If you copy this folder and paste into the 911 - First Responders/Mods folder on your computer (you should already have a folder of the same name in the mods folder), when you paste it will over-write the necessary data to make the changes (when you paste the files you will be asked if you want to over-write existing files - which you do). When you next start the mod you will be right to go, the brush truck and Heavy Equipment Squad will appear at the beginning of Freeplay game - parked at rear of station 1 near the BC and the personnel will be running out to staff the vehicles, both vehicles will now have the tofirstation command (I have also added patrol command to Heavy Equipment Squad).

It is important to remember that once the vehicles have returned to station, the personnel will get out of the vehicle and you must alarm firestation 1 to restaff the vehicle before responding to an incident.

Add_Brush_and_Heavy_Equip_to_v1.8.rar

Hope this is what you need.

will this work for any fir type truck?

Mike

CCFD PIO/Sgt.

Hi Helljumper51,

In order for that change to truly work, you need to edit several scripts; BattalionChief.script, Firestation.script, StartFirestation.script and ToFirestation.script.

If you edit all of these correctly, it will be a total replacement which will also allow you to call the HES using the call Hazmat button. Once you have the scripts all sorted out all you then need to do is open the EM4/911FR editor and edit the Heavy equipment squad (add the Vcmdstandbyon command and VcmdToFirestation command), then edit the HAZMAT (remove the VcmdToFirestation command).

You will then find all the features work perfectly, including standby and call Hazmat.

Please find below all the edited files you need, just add to the scripts/game/comand folder, then edit the units as stated above and you will have much trouble free gaming.

Replace_HAZMAT_with_HES_Complete.rar created using v1.8 scripts

Enjoy :)

Hey, do you think you could add the submod that when you return to the station your guys don't exit the vehicles to that script? I would but I might mess something up.

Its pretty hard to screw it up seeing as its just copy and pasting a few files. As long as you back up all the original LA Mod files then you shouldnt have any problem in the case you do mess it up.

Alright, thank you, I'll try it.

**EDIT**

I have no clue of which lines I need to copy and paste.

Read the read me that came with the mod. You dont copy and paste lines of code, just files.

No, what I want to do is add the Submod: Personnel don't exit vehicles at fire station + police wreck Version 1.1 (Soulboy Submod) I want to add that function to the Switch the light equipment truck with hazmat.

So, if I install the Switch light equipent with hazmat and then I install the soulboy submod it wont work, because the LAToFirestation script will be replaced, I need to combine the Soulboy LAtoStation script with the one Switch the hazmat with light equipment truck has.

No, what I want to do is add the Submod: Personnel don't exit vehicles at fire station + police wreck Version 1.1 (Soulboy Submod) I want to add that function to the Switch the light equipment truck with hazmat.

So, if I install the Switch light equipent with hazmat and then I install the soulboy submod it wont work, because the LAToFirestation script will be replaced, I need to combine the Soulboy LAtoStation script with the one Switch the hazmat with light equipment truck has.

If nobody else gets your script made up by the time I get home to work on it, I will get a script made up tonight for you to use.

If nobody else gets your script made up by the time I get home to work on it, I will get a script made up tonight for you to use.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it, hey, if it's not to much you think you could make one where, the USAR truck is replaced with the Heavy Rescue Crane? I forget who was suppose to make it for me, but I guess they were busy or had problems with it. Only if it's not a problem. If so, don't worry about it.

I really do appreciate this:)

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it, hey, if it's not to much you think you could make one where, the USAR truck is replaced with the Heavy Rescue Crane? I forget who was suppose to make it for me, but I guess they were busy or had problems with it. Only if it's not a problem. If so, don't worry about it.

I really do appreciate this:)

If I remember correctly, no virtual object changes do not have to be made so that will work. I'll see what I can do.

I'm really interested in doing this, but I have a question. Somewhere near the beginning of this topic, someone said that if the HAZMAT truck was switched with a HES, HAZMAT firefighters still run out when the alarm is sounded... Does this mean that the HES won't be staffed?

Also, when we have to open scripts with Wordpad, how would I be able to do that? (I know... I'm really stupid with this stuff) When I open wordpad and look for the files, they are not there...

Any ideas?

I'm really interested in doing this, but I have a question. Somewhere near the beginning of this topic, someone said that if the HAZMAT truck was switched with a HES, HAZMAT firefighters still run out when the alarm is sounded... Does this mean that the HES won't be staffed?

Also, when we have to open scripts with Wordpad, how would I be able to do that? (I know... I'm really stupid with this stuff) When I open wordpad and look for the files, they are not there...

Any ideas?

HES can be switched with Hazmat. Hazmat firefighters can be changed to regular firefighters when alarm is sounded by changing the LAfirestationstart.script I think it was. I haven't edited files in a while so I forgot. If the alarm sounds and you have HES there, Hazmat firefighters will run out just like they would with the truck.

Right click the script file, go to open with and select either notepad or wordpad.

Guest njcjedi

Hey I was wondering if you could give me the scripts for la mod version 2.0 to replace the hazmat truck with the brush truck in station 2 and the usar truck in station 1 with the water tender. I have tried to figure it out on my own but it's frustrating me too much. :happy:

Hi jaywilly,

The scripts included in that package will return the hazmat truck to station 2 instead of Heavy Equipment Squad. For everything to work properly with the Hazmat truck at station 2 you will have to use the editor to give the vcmd tofirstation command back to the hazmat truck (as you would have removed that command when making the earlier change).

If you need any more info just let me know.

If it's not too much work or bother could you give me a script allowing BLS ambulances to park in station 1 in the same bay with ALS ambulances?

What I would like is for BLS ambulances to park in station 2 like they do by default, but ALSO park in station 1 along with ALS ambulances when theres room.

so it would look like:

Station 1

ALS and BLS ambulance, ALS Engine, BlS Engine, USAR, Truck

Station 2

BLS ambulance, ALS Engine, HES (from your other script you uploaded)