w00d

Submod: New Freeplay Map Second Edition - update

have been playing this map by myself now for a little bit over the last few days. after i play for awhile i stop getting calls for service. ive looked around and i think it has to do with the paths that the people are using. i looked around and there are large groups of people just piled up at certain places. so im not sure if they just arent getting to their final location and not able to disappear or if the actual path is messed up.

any ideas? also is anyone else having this issue?

Only 1 group -on the bus stop

To help us, the modders, fixing that kind of problems, please make a screenshot of it. Because last time I looked for the pile ups but I couldn't find one. So a screenshot will help a lot.

w00ds, i cant be asked to make a screen shot, but if i recall correctly the bus stop in question is towards the bottom left corner of the map. I have played the map atleast 5 times, probably more, but i would say something like 2/5 times the bus stopped at the buss stop and would not proceed on its path. The other 3 times I had no problems with the bus stop. I might actually play now actually, so if I do I will post up a screen shot if it happens, and post one of the location regardless.

Guest Overland

Its a very good map, I have some problems with the bus stop - several of them.

It seems that the bus tries to pull out makes it half way then blocks the road.

Emergencies that cause blockages on the roads within the middle left of the map also overwhelm the traffic lights.

After you have cleared the road the backlog blocks the lights.

Is there a chance of maybe click on the traffic light itself to turn it off "auto" into manual control? One click for red - Two for green?

My ideal solution is to deploy 2 teams of traffic officers to the 4 way crossing in question to use the "Stop vehicle function" and control the traffic flow this way.

Is there a chance of maybe click on the traffic light itself to turn it off "auto" into manual control? One click for red - Two for green?

It might be possible but so far no one has scripted such a function.

The only solution may be to decrease traffic on certain paths.

Hey guys,

I love the new map but I am wondering if you want others to mention bugs noticed. I've found a couple. Should I post them or PM someone, or?...

Oh...Alright. I will post them anyway, hahah.

-There is a suicide jumper in the bottom left corner of map. He sometimes appears in right half of building and cannot be accessed by ladder truck because it is too close to farm fence.

-Coast Guard chopper cannot return to HQ

-The road along the side of FS2 is odd. No vehicle aside from civilians and those on patrol can use it or they get stuck, circle back and forth on it.

Guest Taylor
Oh...Alright. I will post them anyway, hahah.

-There is a suicide jumper in the bottom left corner of map. He sometimes appears in right half of building and cannot be accessed by ladder truck because it is too close to farm fence.

-Coast Guard chopper cannot return to HQ

-The road along the side of FS2 is odd. No vehicle aside from civilians and those on patrol can use it or they get stuck, circle back and forth on it.

Same exact problems here.....

Im going to download it now. Didn't notice it was released.

It doesn't still have the bug where you click for the unit to leave the station, and it doesnt leave unless you click in front, and then to where its destination should be, or does it?

wOOd made the map for EM4 not deluxe version,his first map he made for both but this one he decided only to do one version

Hey guys,

I have downloade the map and played it for a while. I noticed that it doesn't seem like there are any deluxe events. Is it something that I did wrong?

I actually had the same problem with my fir engines there once.

Im not working on this anymore, but do plan to put up an exe installer to simplify the installation, but i dont have time right now with a few other projects on my hands.

These are the instructions if you have deluxe version of EM4

How do I install the map?

1. Download and unpack the dfreeplayr.zip file. (30mb's! large)

2. Move the folder 3 files' to your Emergency 4Mod\Los Angeles Mod v1.x\maps folder.

3. This is a universal file, so it's for both versions and won't replace any file.

4. Make sure all older files will be overwritten (otherwise you did something wrong).

You should have replaced this 2 files:

dfreeplay.e4m

dfreeplay.dds

Same instructions as to where to place files if you have 911 first responders or EM4 uk edition,the only thing extra you need to do is rename the two files,in other words remove the d from the file name as the d stands for deluxe

How do I install the map?

1. Download and unpack the dfreeplayr.zip file. (30mb's! large)

2. Move the folder 3 files' to your Emergency 4Mod\Los Angeles Mod v1.x\maps folder.

3. This is a universal file, so it's for both versions and won't replace any file.

4. Make sure all older files will be overwritten (otherwise you did something wrong).

You should have replaced this 2 files:

freeplay.e4m

freeplay.dds

Hope this helps

I have read the topic, but I don't see anything in it that says that I need to rename files...

wOOd made two different maps see this topic for orignal map

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...t=0&start=0

And then this new map,you can download both versions,but you dont need to have both,you can have either,all that happens is when you add the files it overwrites the others,so you can keep both downloaded files somewhere,and just install each version as you want to.

The second edition is good,as it has less path issues,the first version has the highway that canbe very buggy,but for free maps they are good.

Hope this helps

I'm just a little confused. I just noticed this other mod.

Which one of the freeplay maps do I need to download? Can I just download only the second edition or do I need both?

Kareem

U.S.A.

wOOd made two different maps see this topic for orignal map

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...t=0&start=0

And then this new map,you can download both versions,but you dont need to have both,you can have either,all that happens is when you add the files it overwrites the others,so you can keep both downloaded files somewhere,and just install each version as you want to.

The second edition is good,as it has less path issues,the first version has the highway that canbe very buggy,but for free maps they are good.

Hope this helps

Oh I am not complaining - I installed it and it was fun. Looked great too. I ran into some problems with adding new vehicles and needed to run the 'repair' and uninstall the LA Mod. Trying it again now. I should be doing homework and looking for part/time work.