Guest jordex

The EM4 Configuration Program (Development)

THIS PROJECT IS NOW BEING CONTINUED - 8TH JULY 2009

EXPECTED RELEASE DATE 8/9TH SEPTEMBER 2009

Finally, after much consideration I have decided to crack on with the software. I am aware that kevthedude is also developing a version and am not in any way trying to out-gun him so to speak. Hopefully, the two pieces of software will be able to inform each other as opposed to working against each other. I do feel this thread was necessary as it's purpose is more focused than the previous.

Initially, my version will focus on the LA Mod only and specifically free play parameters. It will then perhaps be extended to the Classic EM4 free play. I have no intention of getting involved with the missions it should be noted.

The GUI is in the early stages but I am quite happy with the functionality and layout of it so far. Any feedback is much appreciated. From studying the button captions etc. you should be able to get a general idea of how functional the program will be.

1izx1z.jpg

The Startup Screen Above

The Freeplay Control Panel Below

2u6yzkl.jpg

All of your feedback is much appreciated. I won't be releasing an alpha version of the software and so you may have to wait a little longer for full functionality. However, the ball is now rolling. Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Jord

Ooooh, this looks better than expected! :)

Nice settings, GUI looks user friendly and easily manageable.

But, is it made so that the usual settings will be default, like parking space, budget etc. when you start up the application?

Also, it would be awesome to have a Save-button, so you could save different versions of the config for different modes of play.

Like, you could have one for only fire missions, one for relaxed, mixed gameplay, and one with alot of stress for those boring Sundays. :P

All in all, this looks really great, I can't wait to see it in action.

As I mentioned in the other thread, keep up the good work, but don't exhaust yourself doing this.

:1046275747_biggthumpup:

One thing I would really like to see, is a backup feature, that just copies the other one, becuase if you change a file, it is alot easier to fix something you changed that way. I've been doing some scripting with different kinds of things lately, especially since May, and I wanna let you know, if you have any questions, feel free to ask away. I am sure if I can't solve the problem, or fix it, I'm sure I can find someone who can, soyou don't need to accept my offer, but help is always good ;)

-Newfoundking

is it made so that the usual settings will be default, like parking space, budget etc. when you start up the application

When loading the software, it will set all of the dials and values to their current respective values in the parameter file. It will in addition contain recommended values but will not use these as limitations.

One thing I would really like to see, is a backup feature

I have considered this point and will be including this feature as a result.

Thanks guys,

Jord

Guest MonkeySquasher

Brilliant!

Did anyone ever play SimCopter? One of my favorite parts of the game was the sliding selectors for amount of mission types. This totally reminds me of that. Awesome job.

Um, Welcome to the forums, but a big no-no here is saying update please...

You could have asked for it in a much nicer way, and one that didn't break the rules(TOS) like the following:

"Hey, I have noticed this thread has kinda died down, is this still underway, or was it just left as it was?"

I am going to leave it at that, and the moderators can take it from here, but you should read the TOS before posting like this...

-Newfoundking

You could have asked for it in a much nicer way, and one that didn't break the rules(TOS) like the following:

"Hey, I have noticed this thread has kinda died down, is this still underway, or was it just left as it was?"

And newfound sorry but: :protest::1046276160_schildbacktotopic::protest:

Let's not all start playing moderator shall we. Pointing new members to the rules is fine. Leave it at that. Don't start correcting one another. Thnx.