w00d

Submod: New Freeplay map v1.2 Released!

Ok so, tell me if i'm doing this right, so i move the la mod v1.7(the folder with the downloaded maps ) i then take that folder and combine it with the maps folder in the la mod v1.8(hoppahs maps) and then what?

thanks batt62

not the whole folder. just the 'Maps' folder in the la mod v1.7 folder.

For example: Open your la mod v1.7 folder (free play maps in it) You should see the folder Maps now. Then open the folder Maps and you should see your files you combined: newfreeplay.eft, freeplay.e4m, freeplay.dds.

If you don't have the maps folder in there, you will just have to copy those 3 files and paste them in the maps folder of the la mod v1.8 folder. Either way it is the same amount of work.

After you get done with this, do as I explained at the end of my post.

Just load the game. go to modifications on startup screen, go to Los Angeles Mod v1.8 and select then load. It will take a few minutes to load. Then it should take you back to startup screen again. Go to freeplay, then continue and after loading, you should have the new map and still have all the LA Fire Trucks / Police Cars / Ambulances. you will end up at the fire station 1 where you will see fireworks and the alarm going off with everyone running out.

not the whole folder. just the 'Maps' folder in the la mod v1.7 folder.

For example: Open your la mod v1.7 folder (free play maps in it) You should see the folder Maps now. Then open the folder Maps and you should see your files you combined: newfreeplay.eft, freeplay.e4m, freeplay.dds.

If you don't have the maps folder in there, you will just have to copy those 3 files and paste them in the maps folder of the la mod v1.8 folder. Either way it is the same amount of work.

After you get done with this, do as I explained at the end of my post.

Just load the game. go to modifications on startup screen, go to Los Angeles Mod v1.8 and select then load. It will take a few minutes to load. Then it should take you back to startup screen again. Go to freeplay, then continue and after loading, you should have the new map and still have all the LA Fire Trucks / Police Cars / Ambulances. you will end up at the fire station 1 where you will see fireworks and the alarm going off with everyone running out.

hey thanks, i got it to work thanks, I have not gotten to mess around with it yet but it looks really cool, thanks

batt62 :sporty:

Well.. I dont know what the problem is, but i can't run the map. When i replace the files, so its installed, and i enter the Freeplay (on Original map) it dosn't work. It exits the game, without any information, so it actually kicks me to the deskop.

Did you try loading it again after that happened? Sometimes the game just crashes to desktop with no warning.

Hey what do you do when A hydrant bursts? i tried to send an engineer but that didn't work, then I tried to send a firefighter, but that didn't work either, What do I do? :(

I guess you have 911 first responders

The above event you have seen can only be fixed if you have Emergency 4 Delux edition,wOOd is aware of this,thats why when he releases the next map,it will only feature incidents that will work with all versions

I guess you have 911 first responders

The above event you have seen can only be fixed if you have Emergency 4 Delux edition,wOOd is aware of this,thats why when he releases the next map,it will only feature incidents that will work with all versions

ahh, ok yeah I have 911:FR so does that event do anything or is it just for show?

ahh, ok yeah I have 911:FR so does that event do anything or is it just for show?

It's not just for show, but it can only be solved if you have EM4 Deluxe. If you have any other version of EM4 you will have to ignore it untill the new version comes out. It won't do damage to units or buildings if you meant that. It's a bit like the (normal) demonstration: if you ignore the people they will still be protesting but nothing else happens.

Isn't it possible to turn that off in the fp_params_endless.xml file along with the other event's that are not included in 911?

Probably, I don't know, I don't have the map installed at the moment. But you could try and see if you can turn it off in the freeplay files. Good thinking.

submodbannerfm7.png

Download The New Freeplay Map Version 1.2

Download links below the instructions. Read the instructions first!!! I made them with a reason.

icon11.gifInstallation Instructions:

1. Download and unpack the New_Freeplay_Floor.zip file. (25mb's! large)

2. Move the folder 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' to your Emergency 4/Mods folder.

3. This is a universal file, so it's for both versions and won't replace any file.

Now you should have in your mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.7\maps the following file: newfreeplay.eft

(So you don't have to rename it!)

4. Download and unpack the New_Freeplay_deluxe.zip OR New_Freeplay_normal.zip file. (Depending on you version of em4)

5. Move the folder 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' to your Emergency 4/Mods folder.

6. Make sure all older files will be overwritten (otherwise you did something wrong).

If you have the deluxe version of EM4 then you should have the following files in your mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.7\maps:

newfreeplay.eft

dfreeplay.e4m

dfreeplay.dds

If you have the normal or 911/FR version of EM4 then you should have the following files in you mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.7\maps:

newfreepley.eft

freeplay.e4m

freeplay.dds

Witch version do I need?

If you have Emergency 4 Deluxe then you need "Deluxe version only". If you have the Emergency 4 or 911:First Responders then you need "Normal/911:FR version only".

hey can u help me install it

Edited by pyrothijs
quote sized down to install instructions

hey can u help me install it

read the download instructions

you have to download the 2 files and overwrite the other files manualy

Installation Instructions:

1. Download and unpack the New_Freeplay_Floor.zip file. (25mb's! large)

2. Move the folder 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' to your Emergency 4/Mods folder.

3. This is a universal file, so it's for both versions and won't replace any file.

Now you should have in your mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.7\maps the following file: newfreeplay.eft

(So you don't have to rename it!)

4. Download and unpack the New_Freeplay_deluxe.zip OR New_Freeplay_normal.zip file. (Depending on you version of em4)

5. Move the folder 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' to your Emergency 4/Mods folder.

6. Make sure all older files will be overwritten (otherwise you did something wrong).

Hi DMC,

I have had the current version of w00ds map running on the Los Angeles Mod v1.8 with no problems so far.

So give it a try

hey Shane did you fix the path problems at the fire station when going to a call

if so can you upload the files for me thanks

ok, im new and i guess somewhat stupid but i cant add this mod upate because all my 911 FR files are read only. Can I please get some help on how to make that little box get unchecked. I tried to just uncheck it and apply it but it just keeps checking it again.

Thanks

:1046276128_motz:

If the apply fucntion doesn't work I'd try reinstalling the mod.

thanks, i did and it still doesnt want to do it so i just pull it out, change it then put it back. Seems to work.

:nixweiss:

Does anyone know how to stop all events from happening so i can get a feel for the map?

You can't stop all events from happening because I think fires and injury calls are completely random. But if you want to change how often you want a event to happen or disable them, go into your Specs folder and open fp_parms_endless and scroll through there and change the <Enabled value = "1" /> to <Enabled value = "0" /> and that should disable it.

<!-- JH -->
<EFPEventFall>
<Enabled value = "1" />
<!-- AverageFrequency: average number of events per 10 minutes -->
<AverageFrequency value = "0.7" />
<Worth value = "4.0" />
<SupervisorStart value = "ID_SUPERV_EVENT17" />
<SupervisorFinish value = "" />
</EFPEventFall>

to

<!-- JH -->
<EFPEventFall>
<Enabled value = "0" />
<!-- AverageFrequency: average number of events per 10 minutes -->
<AverageFrequency value = "0.7" />
<Worth value = "4.0" />
<SupervisorStart value = "ID_SUPERV_EVENT17" />
<SupervisorFinish value = "" />
</EFPEventFall>

-

hey i love the map but i have 1 question that i dunno if it was answered before but why does it take station 1 trucks so long to leave the station?

I haven't been having trouble with mine yet. They leave when I want them. Only problem I had with fire stations at the beginning of the game is when I called for a ambulance or fire truck, the alarm didn't go off to call for them. So, I just went and clicked alarm and it worked thereafter :nixweiss: .