w00d

Submod: New Freeplay map v1.2 Released!

First of all: Thanks for your time making this awesome map. I'm a great fan of Hoppahs elaborate mind in creating the L.A. Mod, and this map is the perfect addition to it!

However: The description says this map contains new events like missing children , sniper, birdflu. I installed the map according to the instructions, but still dont get any of

these occurring.

Any ideas?

those events are all EM4 Deluxe events, so if you have EM4 or 911: Forst Responders then you will not get those events :)

Eh I moved the three files to the LA V1.7 maps folder but I wasnt asked to replace any files. When I load up the game it keeps going to the old map, I even tryed moving all the other files in the map folder to my memory stick and it still managed to go back to the old map. What am i doing wrong?

Eh I moved the three files to the LA V1.7 maps folder but I wasnt asked to replace any files. When I load up the game it keeps going to the old map, I even tryed moving all the other files in the map folder to my memory stick and it still managed to go back to the old map. What am i doing wrong?

I think you need to re read the instructions on page one,you only need to move 2 folders,so now you will need to uninstall the game and start again,as you must have done something wrong

the 2 folders you need are

or the em4/911 folder

which version of the game to do you have btw?

Floor zip

Always needed! (Altijd nodig!) (also in 1.2) - New_Freeplay_Floor.zip: http://rapidshare.com/files/157717483/New_...r_v1.2.zip.html

go back to page one for full instructions and to download either of the two folders below

and either the delux map folder

For the Deluxe version only - New_Freeplay_deluxe .zipNew_Freeplay_deluxe_v1.2.zip ( 935.03K )

or the em4/911 folder

For the Normal/911:FR version only - New_Freeplay_normal.zip: Attached File New_Freeplay_normal_v1.2.zip ( 935.02K )

Guest Elitebravo

I found 2 broken hydrant that allready start getting water on the street but i can't fix it. And is it no event :1046275873_shakehead:

This it by getting the 1.2 map of yours

I found 2 broken hydrant that allready start getting water on the street but i can't fix it. And is it no event :1046275873_shakehead:

This it by getting the 1.2 map of yours

thats an event that is meant to happen in EM4 Deluxe, and you dont have that game (only EM4 or 911:FR) which means that you cant do anything about it. they are not damaging anything so just ignore them :)

Guest VFVFCo.68

I don't know if anyone else is but i'm still having some problems with the hospital. My stretcher guy will sit there with a yellow circle around him when clicked upon as if he is doing an action but just sits there for ever. Also my pathfinding isn't all that great, I have to keep clicking places before I can finally get to where I want to be. With no offense I just think more time is needed. Again, with the greatest respect and no offense, it's a great idea but work is still required.

hello,

Every time i try to load the maps i can only get two of them in the maps folder but what is the new freeplay i can not seem to find it? I am so sad because the map looks awesome and i can not play it. Any help or advice will make me vary happy

Regards,

Jab16

PS: Happy B-Day :prop:

hello,

Every time i try to load the maps i can only get two of them in the maps folder but what is the new freeplay i can not seem to find it? I am so sad because the map looks awesome and i can not play it. Any help or advice will make me vary happy

Regards,

Jab16

PS: Happy B-Day :prop:

Depending on your version of EM4 it replaces the normal or the deluxe freeplay of the orginal game.

Hey, I just noticed it was your birthday!

Happy birthday man! Good job on the map!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

If these happy birthday are for me.. then thnxs, but you guys are a few day's to late. ;)

Maybe maybe maybe I will release a screenshot of the new map tonight with a little update, but only if I have the time for it ;).

Download The New Freeplay Map Version 1.2

Download links below the instructions. Read the instructions first!!! I made them with a reason.

icon11.gifInstallation Instructions:

1. Download and unpack the New_Freeplay_Floor.zip file. (25mb's! large)

2. Move the folder 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' to your Emergency 4/Mods folder.

3. This is a universal file, so it's for both versions and won't replace any file.

Now you should have in your mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.7\maps the following file: newfreeplay.eft

(So you don't have to rename it!)

4. Download and unpack the New_Freeplay_deluxe.zip OR New_Freeplay_normal.zip file. (Depending on you version of em4)

5. Move the folder 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' to your Emergency 4/Mods folder.

6. Make sure all older files will be overwritten (otherwise you did something wrong).

If you have the deluxe version of EM4 then you should have the following files in your mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.7\maps:

newfreeplay.eft

dfreeplay.e4m

dfreeplay.dds

If you have the normal or 911/FR version of EM4 then you should have the following files in you mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.7\maps:

newfreepley.eft

freeplay.e4m

freeplay.dds

Witch version do I need?

If you have Emergency 4 Deluxe then you need "Deluxe version only". If you have the Emergency 4 or 911:First Responders then you need "Normal/911:FR version only".

Download links

You need to download the Floor again for 1.2 because of an update (the 3th bridge)!

Always needed! (Altijd nodig!) (also in 1.2) - New_Freeplay_Floor.zip: http://rapidshare.com/files/157717483/New_...r_v1.2.zip.html

For the Deluxe version only - New_Freeplay_deluxe.zip:New_Freeplay_deluxe_v1.2.zip

For the Normal/911:FR version only - New_Freeplay_normal.zip: New_Freeplay_normal_v1.2.zip

Edit By PyroThijs: pictures and large part of quote removed since it served no purpose to answer the question

I can't get this to work. I think its because its not USA version. The Files do not allow me to go to Mod installer. I'm still learning as I have ADHD. I am a slow learner.

Edited by pyrothijs

I can't get this to work. I think its because its not USA version. The Files do not allow me to go to Mod installer. I'm still learning as I have ADHD. I am a slow learner.

The instructions are quite clear but just to point out: you need to download 2 (two) files. One is the floor map (first file mentioned). The other is the actual freeplay map. There are two versions of it. One is for Emergency 4 / 911 first responders, the other one is for EM4 deluxe.

First you need to download and unpack the New_freeplay_floor file. Once unpacked you will see a folder called 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7'. Copy and paste this folder into the Emergency 4/mods folder (or 911 first responders/mods or emergency 4 deluxe/mods, again depending on your version).

Now unpack the other file New_freeplay_normal or New_freeplay deluxe. You will see another folder appears which is also called 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7'. You should place that folder into the same Emergency 4 folder you placed the first LA MOD folder into.

The PC will ask you if it needs to overwrtite files, click yes to all. Now if you open the 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7/mods folder there should be the three files mentioned in the manual.

You can now start the game load the LA MOD and play the new freeplay map.

greetz,

Edited by pyrothijs

Sorry to bother one last question,

What dose this mean and how do i do it?

Thank you,

Jab 16 :prop:

Sorry to bother one last question,

What dose this mean and how do i do it?

Thank you,

Jab 16 :prop:

Copy the folder that you just unzipped (called 'Los Angeles Mod v1.7' ) and paste it into the MODS folder of the Emergency 4 folder. By default that is C:\program files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency4\Mods. If you have 911 FR or EM4D, you should off course replace Emergency 4 with the right name of the game.

If you really can't find it you can always search for it using the computers search function (start --> search --> files or folders)

greetz,

NextGen news update

So two month ago I started on the Next Generation of the freeplay map. NextGen will no be an update of the current version, but a brand new map. Why NextGen? well that’s simple, I will put as much details in the map as possible for a freeplay map. More cars, more people, more particles, more animals, more life in the map.

In the current maps you will see a car passing by sometimes, there are streets in the maps without any cars on it, or only one-way, there are sidewalks without people. Yeah that’s quite funny when you think about it. But there is a reason for that. When the game was made, the pc where not that fast as these days. So with the newer, faster and better pc (and graphic cards) you can put a lot more detail in the maps.

I have to say that I can't put that much in it as I want. I did some testing with alot of cars on the street and the game just can't handle to much cars. You only need one hick-up, a crossing cat, a small accident, and every street is blocked. So I am still searching the boundaries of the game, but I will get there.

Ok these are all nice words, but what have I done so far..

All the city modeling is done, most of the traffic paths are done, but I am still fine tuning the amount of cars. All the traffic lights are up and running and the first pedestrians are walking around and I made all the streets for the pathfinder of the emergency vehicles .

I think that I am at 50% of the map at the moment. All the small details will take a lot of time, not to mention that accidents and other events. Will it be finished before 2009? No, I don't think that I am going to make it.

(plz don't make any conclusion about the map out of the screenshot, this is just where I am standing now. So you don't have to comment that you see a empty street or sidewalk)

O and off course a new screenshot of the map.

previewpc7.jpg

OMFG wOOd,it looks amazing,and hey you know most of us will wait as long as it takes,i know it takes lots of time an effort to do these things,and i know the finished product willbe great,so well done so far and have a :cheers: or 3,all i say is all hail wOOd all hail wOOd :cheers-mate: