w00d

Submod: New Freeplay map v1.2 Released!

Yes it indeed takes a lot of time to paint it, and no not a different texture pack. I made a lot of parts myself. Are you jealous or something??? Looks like you are only flaming on the map..

No, I 100% research and make my own roads... than using any premade texture.

Jeez I'm not try to flame you....

I beg to differ. In the US those lines would not be there. I don't know if you are basing the map off of European roads, but if you are modeling a ficitional part of LA those lines should be removed.

That why I research and use Google Earth. To make sure its like some thing there. Whatever I'm making...

damn, people allready crying over some lines.. I really don't care if these types of lines are used in the US or not. (It's normal in the EU). Besides that, 90% of the models in the game are EU based (the game is made in Germany you know ;) ) So you probably would never see the villa's or other buildings that are used in the map in the US. The civils cars, there are totaly not US.

So plz relaxe..

And @Command Rasseru: check your PM.

damn, people allready crying over some lines.. I really don't care if these types of lines are used in the US or not. (It's normal in the EU). Besides that, 90% of the models in the game are EU based (the game is made in Germany you know ;) ) So you probably would never see the villa's or other buildings that are used in the map in the US. The civils cars, there are totaly not US.

So plz relaxe..

And @Command Rasseru: check your PM.

Not trying to be rude... I praise what you are doing. Just some people have more hopes on wanting them look like US since this Mod about LA... Even I making a mod for another land... People don't understand on how hard to make a underground to look like a place.

Just take it easy on what people are say. :)

You don't have to do what they want you to do.

So plz relaxe..

Im with you on this wOOd how can ppl moan about a map that has not yet been released,i could understand if you had asked ppl to point out any mistakes,i feel some of you modders pain,i in the past started on a mod map for a war game,i spent 3 weeks,and released a quick preview for ppl to explore,and got ppl moaning and crying,so im not surprised,i can see why the likes of Hoppah,mikesphoto's etc get annoyed

So remember these mods are FREE yes FREE,if you dont like them then as the saying goes,you know where the door is,im sorry if i seem to be having a go,but jezzz give these guys a rest....ok rant over grrrrr

:1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

Good work guys,the Mods are great,i cant remember when i actually last played the original game.....

w00d, just spotted two road striping errors that you might want to fix.

The white stripes circled need to be deleted.

The top set of lines you circled are completely correct - a new lane is being created for vehicles turning left, did you just want them to guess where to drive? The second set of lines you circled are also correct...in a sense. Another new lane is starting up on the road so there needs to be indication of that new lane. I might have thought the far left lane would have merged into the middle lane, but the way he has done it is technically correct. It's an oddball intersection in a fictional town inside of a computer game - don't try and get too picky with such details as line placement.

The top set of lines you circled are completely correct - a new lane is being created for vehicles turning left, did you just want them to guess where to drive? The second set of lines you circled are also correct...in a sense. Another new lane is starting up on the road so there needs to be indication of that new lane. I might have thought the far left lane would have merged into the middle lane, but the way he has done it is technically correct. It's an oddball intersection in a fictional town inside of a computer game - don't try and get too picky with such details as line placement.

The first set of lines may be correct but the second set of lines are definitely wrong. The road is going from three lanes to two. The two lanes are shifting over, not merging. If you look there is the white diagonal striping indicating that there is only two lanes there.

Guest dkmaisto

Why are you guys arguing over lines, it's his map, so he can do whatever he feels like doing, you guys should be happy that he makes such a big effort to improve the game, he could just decide not to make it available to us, and none of us want that to happen.

That map looks like there's going to be a lot of really great incidents.

You really do deserve a cookie or two for the work you have done.

Have fun making it.

Why are you guys arguing over lines, it's his map, so he can do whatever he feels like doing, you guys should be happy that he makes such a big effort to improve the game, he could just decide not to make it available to us, and none of us want that to happen.

That map looks like there's going to be a lot of really great incidents.

You really do deserve a cookie or two for the work you have done.

Have fun making it.

I agree. This is almost as exciting as the LA mod! it's just so awesome that you have put this much effort into something for everyone else, and I say thank you for that. I have a question for this new map. There is no highway on it now? Looks awesome either way and best of luck in creating it!

em4freak

P.S. would people stop being bitchy about lines. This map is godly, leave it be :)

Guest lord_bonev
The next map is going to be awesome :1046275747_biggthumpup: I personally prefer wider, open spaces, just like that in the preview :D

It sounded good :1046275747_biggthumpup:

w00d, where do you plan on putting the stations and such?

I believe in a previous post by wOOd he said the picture preview of his new map is of only 25%,so the stations could be in the other 75% we have not seen yet,so we will have to wait and see

Edit:I spotted one of the firestations,if you look at the picture you can see a firestation top righthand corner

I believe in a previous post by wOOd he said the picture preview of his new map is of only 25%,so the stations could be in the other 75% we have not seen yet,so we will have to wait and see

Edit:I spotted one of the firestations,if you look at the picture you can see a firestation top righthand corner

top left corner ;).

I have 95% of the modelling work done, and that about 20% of the total work for a new map :P (O and it took me around the 20 to 25 houre.. )

Currently working on laying the paths and streets. And just for the record, my study start again this saturday, so from then on I don't have that much time anymore. I am aming for a release before the christmas holliday's.

top left corner ;).

I have 95% of the modelling work done, and that about 20% of the total work for a new map :P (O and it took me around the 10 to 15 houre.. )

Currently working on laying the paths and streets. And just for the record, my study start again this saturday, so from then on I don't have that much time anymore. I am aming for a release before the christmas holliday's.

Take your time, Wood. This map looks like it will be Awesome. If I can help out in any way let me know. I have both 911:FR and EM4 Deluxe on my computers.

Lol wOOd,i cant believe i said top right corner,my defence is,i was trying to avoid being caught surfing the net,as my boss was standing right in front of my desk chatting to me,and i forgot :1046275747_biggthumpup: i had this site up,so i just said i was typing an email.....and take your time,no rush with new map,we will all be here still waiting no matter how long you take

I agree, take your time man. I'm so happy you have put this much effort into it already. I'm very excited for the next one. Do you think it would be possible to make it so that if you have to turn vehicles around then you could just have them go around the scene instead of turn around?

First of all: Thanks for your time making this awesome map. I'm a great fan of Hoppahs elaborate mind in creating the L.A. Mod, and this map is the perfect addition to it!

However: The description says this map contains new events like missing children , sniper, birdflu. I installed the map according to the instructions, but still dont get any of

these occurring.

Any ideas?