Newfoundking

LA Mod Mission Help

On The Abducted Child Mission

Where are the three places the fallen tree can be

Also Whats the best way to handle the kidnappers at the camp site,shoot,stun?

2 Locations: Near the power Windmills (Look for down tree) / Near center at a small Wooden cabin (Look for Down tree in path) You will need a crane to pick up tree

Suspects:

Rather you can stun them and grab them, or you can take advantage of there idiotic and keep clicking arrest til they give up, There's a rifleman near the trees that you will have to stun to arrest.

Mission one of the LA Mod...

That is the bomb attack threat, I think that is the bus mission... well basically, you get like a minute to call in LAFD, LAPD and such, to prepare for a bomb attack... once the bus pulls in an explodes, rush down with you LAFD vehicles and put it out. Use LAPD or other Police Vehicles at your disposal to redirect traffic from the area of the explosion. Make sure to have many Firemen, as well as 1 or2(or more) engines + Water tender(opt.) keep the fire under control and from spreading, the trees in the park catch fire, but can be usually put out from the road, if not there are several Fire hydrants located all around the path. Keep an eye on the cars nearby to make sure they don't burn, because if one explodes you have a chain reaction of fire, which is bad! Now as for the casualties, there are none in the bus, just out around it. Call in the MCU and set it up somewhere nearby the Road of the explosion( but not on it, it gets to cluttered then) and send out 3 or 4 PMs and have 2 Stretchers on Standby for when they are cleared. Then move them to the MCU until all are gone. Once the fires are completely out, tow away the Bus with a rollback truck, and send the MCU to Base, then you have completed... This way will not get you a 100% first try, probably between 85% and 95%, depending on how efficient you were, but keep on trying that mission, and eventually you'll get good enough to get 100%

I need help with the new mission where the car chase went wrong on the bridge and there are cars in the water. I can get all the victims and cars out of the water, but I can't seem to find the missing "perp". I've done the mission several times and just can't find that missing suspect.

I need help with the new mission where the car chase went wrong on the bridge and there are cars in the water. I can get all the victims and cars out of the water, but I can't seem to find the missing "perp". I've done the mission several times and just can't find that missing suspect.

The EM3 or EM4 mission?

Well em 4 one, if you watch the beach area, which is the spot where you can dock a boat transport, you should see him come up there, to eventually cross the highway, you can arrest him at any point...

Em3, you need a chopper to fly across the river and he is over in the bushes and tree towards to east of area

Well em 4 one, if you watch the beach area, which is the spot where you can dock a boat transport, you should see him come up there, to eventually cross the highway, you can arrest him at any point...

Em3, you need a chopper to fly across the river and he is over in the bushes and tree towards to east of area

Ok I was looking on the wrong side of the river the whole time. I got him in the first couple of min this time. Thanks for the help.

Guest ComputerCop

Kidnapped children mission...

I found the first kid at the campsite (before the 911 call lol), decided to deal with them after. Found the other kid by the wind turbines, sent an LAPD SWAT team with two cruisers for security, then sent in the crane and EMS chopper. Got the kid out safely, no suspects were in the area. EMS scooped him up and flew him off to the hospital.

Sent the LAPD, lights/sirens off, to the campsite, parked the vehicles some distance away, and sent one SWAT team with MP5s on foot. Inched em closer a little bit at a time so I could take out the suspects from long range. Shot the two by the kid, and the kid gets up. Then I shoot the other one at the rear of the campsite. SWAT called it clear, and the LAPD vehicles were then instructed to hit the lights and storm the campsite. As soon as the vehicles arrived and I was just getting an officer to grab the kid...

MISSION FAILED

The game told me that one of the kids apparently died?!?!!

I shot the suspects for crying out loud!!

EDIT: Even though the 'failed' box came up, the camera view still had the one kid in sight..he was alive, just standing around! Either the kid had a heart attack by the awesome effectiveness of the SWAT team ( :rofl: ), or the other one somehow died at the hospital?!! The injured kid's red bar wasn't all the way up, but it was good enough..I mean, I treated him for a few seconds, it was about 1/3 the way up. I was nervous about the suspects so I thought since I had a HELICOPTER, I could just pull a scoop-and-fly...

Guest ComputerCop

Ah that would be it :rofl:

This time I managed to rescue the kid without that failure message coming up, although he somehow got grazed by a bullet in the crossfire. He was ok though, airlifted him to hospital. As the vehicles were leaving the map, the game crashed, but I'll consider that one a job well done :P

I tried the VIP mission...

secured all the intersections with cruisers and SWAT trucks...but what I didn't expect was the guy on the balcony pulling out a rocket launcher!! How am I supposed to secure that area? I cant just leave him there..by the time my brain thought 'send every cop over there!', it said mission failed because the limo was destroyed.

So I'm going to attempt that one again when I have the time to plan it all out meticulously...is there a set time limit on that mission, or can you take as long as you want? (I know taking more time lowers the score, but will you fail if you take too long?)

I got a 91% on the traffic accident (probably because I spend too much money :rofl: ), and no one died. But I was wondering..is there a way to secure the hanging patrol car? Or do you have to let it fall, and then yank it out as quick as possible? I tried using the jaws of life, but the fireman wouldn't do it. I had to let the car fall and then grab it out right away. By the time the car was up on the bridge and the officer was pulled out, his red bar was almost at the lowest level! (just before cardiac arrest!)

As for the VIP you just go in and arrest the suspects on the side of the road, there are about 3 or 4 of them there, and watch the building side too for suspicious people, I just arrest everyone, if they have a gun when I arrest them, then they are bad, if not, I release and move on...

As for the traffic accident, I do believe the car dropping is the only way, unless you can crane it before it falls, but I doubt it, and I have never tried it anyways...

PS you don't need to post spoilers here. it's a spoiler forum, so people expect them :)

Guest ComputerCop

Alright, I'll try that. But theres no time limit for the VIP mission, right? Aside from losing points for taking longer? I'll probably just bring in several LA Sheriff vans and arrest anyone standing on the street! :rofl:

Guest ComputerCop

Have it paused right now..just arrested about 20 people in front of that apartment building where the rocket launched from last time. Arrest one and his friends all start pulling out guns or running away. Thankfully noone opened fire (it could have been because I was quick to grab them?)

How am I supposed to check the cars? Like, I know one of the cabs near the beginning explodes, but how am I supposed to find the bomb? I arrested the people standing nearby in case one of em has a detonator..

I never realized how many people there are standing on the street...its hard to decide who to arrest, so I just grab anyone thats not walking around casually. *Calls for more LASD Prison vans* :rofl:

And when you say "watch out for the ones at the airport"...I'm arresting pretty much everyone off the street, so Im covered there..can I trust the LAPP and Marines standing around there at the airport? Or is one of em bad?

Guest ComputerCop

Got it...60% score because it was an hour before the General was airborne :rofl:

That..and two LASD Deputies (along with an LASD van and an LAPD cruiser exploding) were injured when the suspects near the airport opened fire after I started arresting them. But I towed away every car that was parked next to the path of the convoy, and no bombs went off :D

um, you can check the cars with the bomb squad, and you don't need to take everyone into custody, only the ones with guns :P I don't think they open fire until the convo goes by, their orders...

The LAAP and the marines are good, they wont hurt you, um, there is a few on the street by the bridge that will, and a couple bombed cars in the parking lot, just check them all to be safe, it shouldn't have taken you an hour though, I did the whole mission in about 15 mins tops

Guest ComputerCop

It took me an hour because I was arresting anyone that decided to loiter within 20 feet of the road :P

I had to call about 10 Sheriff vans to take them all away! :rofl:

And thats not counting a few of them that I just shoved into the back of the LAPD cruisers :laugh:

And they don't pull out guns until the convoy goes by, so its hard to tell. I want to have the convoy safely at the airport with no problems at all.

Thanks for telling me that though lol, I didn't know the bomb squad could check cars...I just towed them away and it was fine.

haha okay, What I did was looked at their hands after the were arrested, if it was holding a gun in "idle" position, then I would arrest them, if not, I would release...

That worked fine for me...

Also another fun option is roll out LAPD and Deploy SWAT, have shields and gunners set up, and arrest anyone that loiters, period, and if they fight, kill them, makes a mess, but just leave them, all you have to do to pass is evac the general! :P

What should I do in the Forest Fire-mission? Some good guidelines, please.

The Forest Fire Mission is a difficult one for many. The trick is to utilize your resources effectively and with the new changes in 1.7, it has become much easier. When the fire first starts, you have a fire in the south portion of the map burning in 3 directions.

The goal for the main body of the fire is to keep it east of the street and south of the dirt road.

Using motor officers, since they are the fastest and easiest to get through traffic, immediately shut down all streets so you dont have to worry about civilian car traffic. Just block all entry points with their bikes and forget about them until later.

Next, deploy strike teams of Engines to the west road and line them up so they can cover that flank of the fire. Also keep one or two engines free for spot fires in that area in case it jumps.

After that, you'll find a fork in the dirt road in the north area. I usually use that for staging and start sending engines out along the left and right branches. Just line them up and start hitting it hard. Don't just let the firefighters stand by the engine, but move them into the brush. You'll find they quickly create a buffer zone between the road and the fire.

I use my Air Tankers to slow the head of the fire east and north to give my units a chance to set up, clear out some trees and push into the fire.

I use my Helicopters for Helitac. These units are great for dropping off a group of firefighters with chainsaws and extinguishers to supplement my engines, especially on the east side.

Remember, once the fire hits the roads, they stop because of the natural break. Dont worry about what is already burning, just focus on the perimiter and keep it from jumping the roads. Eventually the fire in the center will burn itself out so don't waste your resources and air assets on it. Just keep hitting the edges.

Also keep a few brush patrols and usfs engines available for other fires that break out in the area. And calling up the national guard to come in and fell some trees near the fork in the dirt road and create other fire barriers is never a bad idea either.

Just remember, you have 4 divisions on the fire.

Division A - Left flank/Road

- Keep the fire from jumping the road and picking up any spot fires that do

Division B - Left fork of dirt road

- Keep the fire south of the dirt road

Division C - Right fork of the dirt road

- Keep the fire South of the dirt road and slow down the spread as much as possible

Structure protection Group - Rest of the map

- Keep patrols and engines spread out in case of additional fires or spread.

Get ahead of the fire, stay ahead of the fire, make your stand and do not let it cross the roads.

Is there any way to increase the mission budgets? It would really be nice to play these missions with the resources you need and not have not to count pennies.

You have 2 choices, 1 you can use the cheats found on Emergency-Planet.com to add more money or you can edit campaign.xml found in Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.7\Specs