Commander Rasseru

The Official Tokyo Mod Topic! 東京MOD!

I am not exactly sure when the first high-riser came out on their cars, I am pretty sure it was the end of the 80's so it's possible that they had it first, I am not sure though. Do the jap traffic trucks have the crash barriers like alot of the american DOT vehicles have? The big portable barrier on the back that drops down to protect from a rear-end collision?

I think Japan's Police had this idea way before NYPD... Maybe not first on patrol cars... But other traffic units used them like vans.

I haven't seen one of those in the Midwest at all.

Also those are not needed in all in Japan. Alot of roads and streets are worked on at night or non-rush hours.

Plus Japanese who are driving are very strict in following the Road Laws. Yet some do break laws... But its not as bad in the U.S. That could be why that truck has one...?

Any road construction in Japan is clearly aware to the drivers and singals are placed.

They are extremely common up and down the east coast either on trailers or as that one is, mounted to the rear of the vehicle. Roadwork typically takes place all hours on the east coast, but often at night. I believe it is primarilly due to intoxicated or sleepy drivers who ignore the big yellow flashing sign that tells you that you may want to move, along with the heavy stopped yellow truck. It is rather common on the east coast for people to speed through construction zones and occasionally they do end up hitting one of those vehicles. Just a fact of life, even on off-peak hours people still roam the roads, and on the east coast it is just impractical to shut them down completley.

I haven't seen one of those in the Midwest at all.

Also those are not needed in all in Japan. Alot of roads and streets are worked on at night or non-rush hours.

Plus Japanese who are driving are very strict in following the Road Laws. Yet some do break laws... But its not as bad in the U.S. That could be why that truck has one...?

Any road construction in Japan is clearly aware to the drivers and singals are placed.

Hey Commander Rasseru.

Sorry for a little Off topic question:

What program do you use for ground textures, that you can use in Editor?

And if i learn it quick, and i'll get Em4 (UPS Returned it to the deliver :P), then you can just send me a PM if further Mappers is needed :)

What program do you use for ground textures, that you can use in Editor?

I use Photoshop CS2... You can use any art program to make ground textures. Any thing with layers is the best to have.

Thanks you.

Do you have a download link?

Lasse

Photoshop is not Open Source so you would have to purchase it.

Adobe Photoshop Website

Thanks you.

Do you have a download link?

Lasse

Photoshop is not Open Source so you would have to purchase it.

Adobe Photoshop Website

Okay thanks.

Do you think i'm able to use Paint? lol

EDIT: Or mabye Photo Impact?

You can try? Might be harder without layers.

Lets get back on topic... Still working on skins and hoping they will work? When we get model of unit. They are looking really nice. With the logos and Japanese text on the units. Wonder how I will do the Unit number on the roof? It depends... Maybe random numbers?

Next fun thing and will be easy that I can do is making Japanese Road Signs and Billboards. I'll post pictures of that when it finish. I got some funny ones. :P

I give you guys alot of credit for trying to work on your mod, the only thing I want to warn you about is that depending on how many modelers you have... Doing the skins in advance might be problematic. Unfortunately some modelers work in different ways and the textures from one vehicle won't work on the next. If you have a small number of modelers you should be fine though (hopefully). Goodluck with your mod.

Lets get back on topic... Still working on skins and hoping they will work? When we get model of unit. They are looking really nice. With the logos and Japanese text on the units. Wonder how I will do the Unit number on the roof? It depends... Maybe random numbers?

Next fun thing and will be easy that I can do is making Japanese Road Signs and Billboards. I'll post pictures of that when it finish. I got some funny ones. :P

I give you guys alot of credit for trying to work on your mod, the only thing I want to warn you about is that depending on how many modelers you have... Doing the skins in advance might be problematic. Unfortunately some modelers work in different ways and the textures from one vehicle won't work on the next. If you have a small number of modelers you should be fine though (hopefully). Goodluck with your mod.

I know it seems like alot of models to make... We aren't going to make them all at once and in first release maybe not have all models.

If there ever any free models we can be freely used. That would cut the workload down.

What will help us now? Is the staff we need to make the Mod. I limited in my skills to finish the Mod alone.

Any way... Its cool! Some of those I didn't knew they made them LED. But yet... I have not seen many LED lights on some units. Also I don't know If the government buys from those companies?
taiya makes the V lightbar. here is the link: http://www.taiyaemergency.com/product.asp?...mt=1&page=2 and the actual lightbar: http://www.taiyaemergency.com/list.asp?Pro...idCode=Lightbar

Yet, it's not the same style light bar... I seen on many units.

how is it not? it looks the exact same

As for my opinion, who is seeing those light bars often in daily life, it's not the acutual one.

I mean no offense zootoo63, but you seem to miss understand it.

First of all the size is not right. The acutual one is much larger.

Secondary, Japanese police officials doesn't import light bars from China or Chinese companies.

Finally, PATLITE co. has it's own factory in Japan and they are making it. They are the actual and

major suppliers for Japanese emergency officials.

As for my opinion, who is seeing those light bars often in daily life, it's not the acutual one.

I mean no offense zootoo63, but you seem to miss understand it.

First of all the size is not right. The acutual one is much larger.

Secondary, Japanese police officials doesn't import light bars from China or Chinese companies.

Finally, PATLITE co. has it's own factory in Japan and they are making it. They are the actual and

major suppliers for Japanese emergency officials.

ok. yes you are right i do not see them everyday, well i actually have never seen one in my life but that is why i cant tell the difference between the knock offs and the real deal lights. now if they were american/canadian made i could pick out who makes it in a heart beat.

ok. yes you are right i do not see them everyday, well i actually have never seen one in my life but that is why i cant tell the difference between the knock offs and the real deal lights. now if they were american/canadian made i could pick out who makes it in a heart beat.

All I can say... If you want to see light bars of Japanese Units?

You Tube will be your best place. If your luckly in find any thing good?

"消防" = Fire Department

"東京消防庁" = Tokyo Fire Department

"警察庁" = National Police Agency

"警視庁" = Tokyo Police Deparment

Becareful... You might end up finding chinese videos.

Hi, i've just read trough this thread and i love the idea of a Tokyo Mod but one thing i didn't see was if the mod have been released or if it will be, because it said updates in the top of this thread so i thought it might be updates for a already released mod?

Hi, i've just read trough this thread and i love the idea of a Tokyo Mod but one thing i didn't see was if the mod have been released or if it will be, because it said updates in the top of this thread so i thought it might be updates for a already released mod?

no release yet.