Commander Rasseru

The Official Tokyo Mod Topic! 東京MOD!

You mean the LCD monitor?

Mine's a laptop and has a LCD but it looks fine.

Very good Fire engine red is showing.

Opps Silly me.... I must of been tried when I wrote that... Yea, I mean "LCD" :P

I'm soon going to make more skins. It takes some time to make one.

If you know martijntjuh?

He was nice to make the Hino Ranger's Cab for us. :)

FMPBG1.jpg

12318.jpg

Even that I'm not very good using the Zmodeler Program. I'm going to try to map the images on to the body of the cab.

So... We have the Hino Ranger in the works for you Hino Engine fans! ;)

Thanks martijntjuh for your help! :12:

Look what I found:

http://www.uberreview.com/2007/03/robo-res...f-harms-way.htm

The robot can be used as a rescue robot for people who are unconscious from a fire or to pickup casualties.

Darn.... You let out the secret. :P

That we going to have that robots... But I'm not telling when will it come out. :rolleyes:

Another skin Sneak peek...

Sky-Police.jpg

This is a Nissan Skyline Patrol Car... Side view.

I need to find the Tokyo Police's Shield to add on it... I hope I can find the image. Than having to make it...

There are many types of Patrol Cars made from many Japanese Car Companies...

Good thing is that their are many kinds of of Patrol Cars you can have. So you can have your units drive your fav Japanese Car. Unlike in a "US Mod" you get one kind of car and one company...

This also goes for the Engines also. You can pick many Japanese Truck Companies for you Engine you fav for.

But that makes more work for us in the mod. So I will limit only 3 Car Companies per unit.

Commonly used will be on the top of all units. And most likely made first.

Like for Normal Patrol Cars it would be Toyota First. Nissan seem to be 2nd. and 3rd is up for grabs so far.

But we might not want to make too many cars.

For Engines its Easy because we can use the same backload. Just have to make a new cab and place on any backload.

But we may not do this... depands on our modeler we don't have now. Yet I'm still trying. ;)

And we are still looking for more help.

The toyotas those older looking boxy types that are commonplace in asia? or are they newer rounder cars?

This is the newer Toyota Crown Patrol Car.

P1020422.jpg

This is the older Toyota Crown Patrol Car.

F1000809.jpg

Old Patrol Cars are less seen now days in major cities.

Does this help?

Yeah you found the ones I've seen in the past that I was wondering if you were putting in, the new ones look alot more like their lexus counterparts than they did in the past:) Either way they're both fairly consistant vehicles so you'll be going newer I am sure. Just a shame since the older ones are more appealing to me, but since they are not around anymore it is kind of like the LTD's of america. While I love them I can't justify building one :1046276372_bawling:

Goodluck with the swooping thing on the hood, that will be fun to try to texture smoothly

Old Patrol Cars are less seen now days in major cities.

Does this help?

In Japan (especially in major cities), Toyota Crown is being replaced to newer ones.

I live in Nagoya but when I see a Crown police car, it's mostly the new version.

Tokyo is much bigger city and has a lot of money so it's sure that they are using

more new car based police vehicles.

There are many reasons but I think the main ones are emission problems and the

advantage of car speeds. You can't catch up with fast cars if your using old Crown.

Yeah you found the ones I've seen in the past that I was wondering if you were putting in, the new ones look alot more like their lexus counterparts than they did in the past:) Either way they're both fairly consistant vehicles so you'll be going newer I am sure. Just a shame since the older ones are more appealing to me, but since they are not around anymore it is kind of like the LTD's of america. While I love them I can't justify building one :1046276372_bawling:

Goodluck with the swooping thing on the hood, that will be fun to try to texture smoothly

Hey Mike! If you want an older Toyota Crowns in the Mod? You can take the time to Model one and we will add it in the Mod. ;)

I can give you a website that has some the older ones and you can pick which one you like us to have?

Because I bet even in Tokyo their are still some older Patrol Cars around. Yet the older Crowns are not that old?

Its up to you. If you want...? It helps us in work load too. :)

I would guess just by the design of the car that it is probrably a 1991-1994ish era vehicle by the headlights and what not. Slightly rounded lights grew popularity in the mid 90's. Unfortunately I do not have the spare time to do much of anything at the moment, I've already been loaned out all over the place and have to work down my backlog. Seems like every time I start making a dent it gets larger, such is life.

Hey Mike! If you want an older Toyota Crowns in the Mod? You can take the time to Model one and we will add it in the Mod. ;)

I can give you a website that has some the older ones and you can pick which one you like us to have?

Because I bet even in Tokyo their are still some older Patrol Cars around. Yet the older Crowns are not that old?

Its up to you. If you want...? It helps us in work load too. :)

Why is there a white box underneath the lightbar on the newer toyota? Just to raise it up?

Acutually, it has a small elevator system inside that box (as you can see in the picutre below).

It's mainly used to keep the visivility of the lightbar if there is something behind the police car, like vans or trucks.

the lightbar will be automatically stored back into the box when the gear is changed to R or D.

post-2873-1228896406_thumb.jpg

A new interesting take on the High-Riser that the NYPD has used for years I guess.

Acutually, it has a small elevator system inside that box (as you can see in the picutre below).

It's mainly used to keep the visivility of the lightbar if there is something behind the police car, like vans or trucks.

the lightbar will be automatically stored back into the box when the gear is changed to R or D.

post-2873-1228896406_thumb.jpg