Hoppah

[EM4] Central suggestions/ideas topic (CLOSED)

i am not a modder but why? how would what he looks like affect how fast he walks??

The walking speeds of all persons are hardcoded. When you add a certain command to a person he will walk slower.

In this case the "Dive" command is connected to a slower walking speed.

And animations can't be changed to another speed.

The walking speeds of all persons are hardcoded. When you add a certain command to a person he will walk slower.

ok. thnx

Guest lord_bonev
I am not entirely sure if this should work but you would just have to correct me if it wouldn't.

lafd_boat_2_6.jpg

lafd_boat_2_2old.jpg

Would this work on the fireboat?

This is crazy mean machine :)

Why do the walking speeds change when people are carrying objects?

Guest lord_bonev
Because that's realistic? you wouldn't think that somebody carrying the Jaws of Life could walk as fast as a ferrari?

that's right, we live in real world not fantastic and we must play with realistic moves not fantastic ;)

Everything must realistic

I was wondering if it would be possible to add false fire alarms. Add a utility box that only a fire fighter could deactivate, similar to an engineer when they have to fix a stoplight. I know this has been mentioned before but it did not seem to get a clear answer. :1046275747_biggthumpup:

kevind

I was wondering if it would be possible to add false fire alarms. Add a utility box that only a fire fighter could deactivate, similar to an engineer when they have to fix a stoplight. I know this has been mentioned before but it did not seem to get a clear answer. :1046275747_biggthumpup:

kevind

something like that is in the winterberg mod

I was wondering, for the unmarked car. Could you add some rear emergency lights? Right now the only one is the directional arrow, and sometimes I don't want the cars to turn around, but I still want the realism... Thanks.

emergency4freak

Because in the coding of the game, not a scripted item it is programed to detect things such as what it's properties are (for example if it is carrying anything) and adjusts accordingly.

Guest lord_bonev
I was wondering, for the unmarked car. Could you add some rear emergency lights? Right now the only one is the directional arrow, and sometimes I don't want the cars to turn around, but I still want the realism... Thanks.

emergency4freak

Like the cars of detektivite of old American movies you like? There was a series, I think that LA is said.

Guest Hanover Firefighter

kevind

That isnt a bad idea. It would add some realism

kevind

I have something to add to my own idea :gruebel:?! For the dispatch movie you could use the "Fire! Cause unknown" movie.

kevind

As you said it has been mentioned before. If Im not wrong it's hard to script so...

1). Tiller trucks are IMPOSSIBLE to add to the game correctly (they wont work) and will NEVER be added.

2). An air truck is completely useless given the fact that there is an unlimited amout of oxygen and water. A light truck, i dont think is possible as i believe a model can only have one superstructure? besides, theres already a ton of vehcles that have spotlights

3). Realistic missions? how are the ones now not?

4). isnt it pushing Hoppah too far? he probably wont make new missions besdides the ones he will copy/paste :P

5). the traffic density isnt very easy to edit. simple answer: it cant be done

6). making night darker: Impossible

longer fires need to have FAO on all engines

collapses

light rescue 2 personnel not able to transport http://www.scanfulton.com/modules.php?op=m...;orderby=titleA

longer fires need to have FAO on all engines

collapses

light rescue 2 personnel not able to transport http://www.scanfulton.com/modules.php?op=m...;orderby=titleA

not impossible, you just don't know how to do it more special ops calls

Guest Dacop
no offence but that just takes away the paramedics

Not necessarily.

Personell with First Aid Training (LAFD, LAPD) could stabilize the patient and keep him from 'coding' before paramedics get on scene to treat and remove.