Guest chevyrulzs2010

New Fire Game Idea

Good Game?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. If this game came out would you buy it?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. What is the max price you would pay for this game?

• 0-10
    • 10-20
    • 20-30
    • 30-40
    • 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60-70
    • 70-80
    • 80-90
    • 90-100+

i dont know who to send it to. or how to go about it, im sure that the big name game developers get thousands of ideas submited, so im trying to geta special way in

Find the game company of your choice, then run into their headquaters dressed as a firefighter, that'll get their attention :1046275747_biggthumpup: :1046274367_lol:

Anyway, you need to put some title on it that is eye-catchy and stands out, but not stupid like "MY IDEA FOR A NEW GAME!!11ONE!" :)

If you're gonna stick with the expansion idea, then EA would be the first company to go to, but definatly try Ubisoft, one of the engines they are using for Farcry2 has the best fire physics ever (the fire is affected by wind and the fuel it has, there's a good video showing this off on youtube, but i cant find it).

Ok i found a better video than the one i was looking for

(don't know if anyone can see it when using the youtube tags, i cant anyway)

Guest chevyrulzs2010
Find the game company of your choice, then run into their headquaters dressed as a firefighter, that'll get their attention :1046275747_biggthumpup: :1046274367_lol:

Anyway, you need to put some title on it that is eye-catchy and stands out, but not stupid like "MY IDEA FOR A NEW GAME!!11ONE!" :)

If you're gonna stick with the expansion idea, then EA would be the first company to go to, but definatly try Ubisoft, one of the engines they are using for Farcry2 has the best fire physics ever (the fire is affected by wind and the fuel it has, there's a good video showing this off on youtube, but i cant find it).

ya i think if they would open my .txt file they would like it, but i just got them to read the email first.

for graphics i was thinking the unreal graphics engine.

Guest chevyrulzs2010
Try Monte Cristo, type them into Google. OR find a group that hasn't done well in recent years, because then they will think of releasing yours.

i refuse to try monte cristo, im not impressed by them, and they have tried fire games, and they have failed.

Highly Doubt they will look at your script; thousands of teenagers, adults and human beings has gave many gaming companies their ideas and scripts; only 2% would be looked at.

if you read the last few posts thats what we have been saying, we need a way to get it past that and get someone to look at it

For who i want to submit to would be EA Games, Mircrosoft, Serria Entertainment, ect... any one who knows how please tell me

Haha, i completly forgot that game companies put their adress somewhere, usually at the back of the manual. That's the only way i can see you contacting them, or go to one of the major shows like E3 and start making friends

i refuse to try monte cristo, im not impressed by them, and they have tried fire games, and they have failed.

if you read the last few posts thats what we have been saying, we need a way to get it past that and get someone to look at it

I sent an idea to microsoft and they read. They sent a letter back and they talk about the idea in the letter.

It's pretty good, and I'd pay about $25 for it, but I would think that the cost for new equipment comes from the county which comes from taxes. All in all it's good and I'd go out to the store to buy it.

Btw that truck getting it's bumper caved in sounds like 4's engineer, he accidencly plowed into a car with his front bumper because he thought the car would pull over. Yet another use for the chrome!

EDIT: Monte Christo is okay, but they over use the triggers. THE CONTROL PANEL HAS BEEN BUrNEd THE MACHINES ARE GOING CRAZY! Is entirely stupid as it would have a failsafe. Though FD3 looks better as it is modded after real life.

Guest FutureFF

Sounds good all i can say is don't bother with Atari, their games are alright but you will never get a reply and their customer service/support sucks (basicaly there is none)

I would think a good one is EA cause you said you wanted to be able to drive the trucks and battlefiefld 2 ( made by EA ) has a good diving system they also do a good job with equitment use. Also i would get as many people to vote in the poll as you can and send them the link to it. Calculate the prophit out of all people that voted and then average it out. If it is a good number it may catch your eye. Plus if you made it simpler for small kids it would be BIG. Wait there was a topic in the fourm where a company made a game like this where you could make your own fire missions and choose who responds and what the trucks look like, and place vctims and stuff. You could get a free demo you might want to play it to get some ideas.

Guest FutureFF

this may sound nuts, but there is alot of talent on this forum when it comes to making mods so what if we all created our own game? Sure it would takes ages and ages but think about it, we could make it exactly how we wanted and everyone could help out in one way or another. I am currently learning to model and could help out with making the scenery and lots of others here are capable of modeling vehicles, skinning etc. It would take alot of effort and team work would be crucial but i think it would be easier than trying to convince a game developer to create something with all the detail and depth we all want

Yes but then if you wish to sell it, you need to pay royalties to the original creators, and you also need the source code to modify it... It's not like there is a text file in the game Directory you can just open up to work with..

Got any better solutions? All you can hope for is to pick the right owner, look what happened to Garry Newman and the Gmod team.

well if you want to give it a try ill help out but i dont think a developer will be wiling to produce it

http://steampowered.com/steamworks/ Will that do?

Well if I make a game, and I edit some other game's code to make it fit my needs, and then I decide to sell it as my own, there will almost certainly be mad people who wrote the original code, and I am taking credit for it all, and making money, when they did all the hard work...

Well if I make a game, and I edit some other game's code to make it fit my needs, and then I decide to sell it as my own, there will almost certainly be mad people who wrote the original code, and I am taking credit for it all, and making money, when they did all the hard work...

Ok seriously, what is it with your obsession of taking a source code illegaly? You just can't seem to get yourself past this. Quite obviously making an engine would be too much work. So the only solution is to borrow an engine from a company. I highly doubt the royalties will result in the game creators with a few pennies. Like I said, pick a company that is more interested in this idea than claiming large amounts of royalties.

First of all, get off my back about this.

Obviously you have never gotten a source code from a real gaming company yet, it's not as easy as dropping them an email, most won't give you their source code, period. Let alone give it to us to edit as we wish. I'm looking at it realistically, so don't get mad at me, because I see the real world not an imagination.

We can have the best models and skins in the whole world, we can have to best EVERYTHING, scripts all that, but unless we have a game engine to work with, we have nothing. Plus knowing what Chevy wants, it'll be near impossible to find a game engine that suits this. If we found several, then someone might be able to compile something, but do you realize how hard it is to get the source codes to edit?

Also, say we manage to find it somehow on the internet, and download it and edit it illegally, if I wanted to put that game out and sell it now, I could go to jail for it, because I stole it... It's that simple, they made it, it is theirs, and to edit it we need their permission if we plan on selling it, otherwise they can take us to court, and there is a 99% chance that we will lose.