CanadianFrog

Project NYstalgia - A retro themed New York City modification.

On 4/2/2024 at 11:26 AM, AwesomeFireman2500 said:

I have a suggestion, considering the mod is going to take place in the 80's and 90's like LA Nostalgia I was thinking not only that the uniforms and vehicles be changed depending on which decade you play in, but the weapons that are used as well. For example, in the 1980s the NYPD has used Model 10 and 60 revolvers, but for 1993, it would make sense to change to the Beretta or the Glock, and for ESU in the 1980s I would suggest M16's and for the 90s, the MP5. If you would like me to send some 80s and 90s ESU stuff i'll definitely give it a shot.

So the mod takes place in 1993, At least as a starting off point. In 1987 the NYPD switched to DAO stainless steel revolvers (Smith and Wesson Model 64 with a bobbed hammer) which were used until 1993 The NYPD field tested ruger semi autos  prior to 1993 with special units getting them before patrol. These were all recalled prior to the roll out of Semi autos (Sig, Glock and S&W) which were rolled out in the July 1993 police academy class which hit the streets in January of 1994. During this time ESU had Mini14s and MP5s.

No NYC agency ever issued a Beretta pistol to police officers.

Transit is a different story. The chief of police for transit who later became the commissioner for the NYPD and the Chief for the LAPD modernized Transit faster then most agencies in the NYC area, Introducing Glocks in 1990 which caused a disagreement between Transit and the NYPD and as a result the NYPD denied them use of the department range

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, AwesomeFireman2500 said:

Question, considering it's both NY and 1993, will we have a bomb squad related call, for example, "Bomb alert! the bomber is fleeing, arrest and take them away, you also need to extinguish all fire and if nessecary treat any casualties."

I believe that's built into the game

1 hour ago, AwesomeFireman2500 said:

The 1993 World Trade Center bombing was a terrorist attack that had been carried out on February 26, 1993 when a van bomb had been detonated below the North Tower of the World Trade Center complex in the parking garage killing six people in the process of it all. 

Oh no is the building still there?

• Upvote 3

On 4/5/2024 at 6:17 PM, AwesomeFireman2500 said:

The 1993 World Trade Center bombing was a terrorist attack that had been carried out on February 26, 1993 when a van bomb had been detonated below the North Tower of the World Trade Center complex in the parking garage killing six people in the process of it all. 

Is the building ok?

34 minutes ago, Johhnnyy said:

Hey @itchboy, here's an unmarked LAFD tactical medic unit, in case you're looking for an example of an unmarked LAFD unit that has L&S. Please note that the rear light is red and amber, as opposed to the red and blue on unmarked and slicktop LAPD units. 

https://youtu.be/LuWlSLwd2S0?si=51iaQ0v6Rs61ccq0&t=97

That's cool but you're in the wrong thread, this is the New York thread.

Feel free to repost this back in the LA thread.

Sadly the tactical medic did not exist in the 90s.

1 hour ago, itchboy said:

That's cool but you're in the wrong thread, this is the New York thread.

Feel free to repost this back in the LA thread.

Sadly the tactical medic did not exist in the 90s.

Oh, sorry, I thought this was Project Nostalgia. I guess I didn't check the title first.

Todays NYstalgia Spec post. Very few 1991 caprices were purchased by the NYPD and they were bought in two batches. The first batch of 1991 Caprices had the same striping from the original 1973 design. The second batch introduced the NYC POLICE livery which was used until 1993 with some variations through the 3 years

806165361_9126.thumb.png.f6219049daab2c375c2162b658ebd44e.png38637742_9125.thumb.png.8b5cf7152c8fc5012d2ff3002f32ef05.png

91 45.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1