YesHi

Adding callouts

I am really sorry if this is a repeated question, but I could not find the answer. When I'm in the em4 editor, where can I find the different callouts? (for example, gas explosion) Thanks in advanced.

(Also: If I have to do anything else to have callouts work. Letting me know would help me out and would be greatly appreciated.)

It's been awhile since I made events in the editor. I do know that there is no actual list of callouts you can just put down in the map. instead, you need to first make the event how you'd like and then on each individual object you place you need to select it, click on "properties" in the lower left corner of the screen, and give it a certain name and probably change some other stuff under there as well. If I were you I would load up a free-play map in the editor and try to reverse-engineer some of the events from it. some events are simple, like the gas explosion I'm pretty sure you just name the object "gasexplosion" and it'll work. Some are a bit more complicated like car accidents. 

A thing to note is that some events are just completely random, like the medical emergency and fire callouts where the game just picks a random object or person.

You can also go into the mod file and go to the Specs folder and edit the freeplay_params.xml file which will allow you to edit certain factors of all events and some other freeplay stuff. 

I remember there being a complete guide for all this somewhere but I couldn't find it, hopefully somebody else knows where it is.

On 3/22/2021 at 6:53 PM, mr matt5432123 said:

It's been awhile since I made events in the editor. I do know that there is no actual list of callouts you can just put down in the map. instead, you need to first make the event how you'd like and then on each individual object you place you need to select it, click on "properties" in the lower left corner of the screen, and give it a certain name and probably change some other stuff under there as well. If I were you I would load up a free-play map in the editor and try to reverse-engineer some of the events from it. some events are simple, like the gas explosion I'm pretty sure you just name the object "gasexplosion" and it'll work. Some are a bit more complicated like car accidents. 

A thing to note is that some events are just completely random, like the medical emergency and fire callouts where the game just picks a random object or person.

You can also go into the mod file and go to the Specs folder and edit the freeplay_params.xml file which will allow you to edit certain factors of all events and some other freeplay stuff. 

I remember there being a complete guide for all this somewhere but I couldn't find it, hopefully somebody else knows where it is.

is this it?

6 hours ago, gunswat said:

is this it?

I think it is. I will try this out tomorrow or on the weekend. Thanks for finding it! (Also Matt, thanks for telling me about the gas explosion it helped it my search, For some reason it was hard to find tutorials on this stuff.)