Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

I know it's not an LAPD picture, but how's about something like this?

http://copcardotcom.fotki.com/photographs_...es/ripon16.html

It looks nice, too :1046275747_biggthumpup:

By the way, I knew I had forgotten a few other ideas this morning, here they are :

First, this one might be a little controversial due to the easiness it adds, and I'm not sure it would possible to do, but it would still be a very realistic addition nonetheless : police cars could carry a fire extinguisher, and policemen could be able to use it. In real life, police vehicles often arrive at the scene of fires and accidents before the fire department does, and it's sometimes necessary that they start to extinguish small fires before they get out of hand. It even happened to me in the game, there was a car fire and the police were already on the scene, but for some reason the fire truck got stuck somewhere, and by the time it was on the scene, the car had exploded, injuring one of my officers and setting the whole street on fire. Maybe a smaller extinguisher could be created (as it is the case in real life) that would be less effective against the fire, i.e. slow down the speed at which the fire spreads/consumes the cars, or extinguish it but slower than a standard fireman extinguisher.

Then, standard LAPD officers, CHP officers and LASD sherrifs could have a 12-gauge shotgun as special equipment in police cars. As far as I know, many if not most departments in California carry shotguns in case officers find themselves facing a particularly dangerous assailant. Then again, I don't know if it's possible to edit an aimable weapon that acts like a shotgun does, i.e. shorter range and heavy damage. I guess the default range, if not editable, wouldn't matter much if we say they're firing slugs instead of buckshot.

Finally, if you feel like adding more police cars, slicktops would be great. Basically, they're fully-marked police cars, but with interior lights instead of top-mounted lightbars. Here are a few pictures :

LAPD: Slicktop CV

Slicktop CV 2

CHP : Slicktop Camaro

Slicktop CV

Edit : Links fixed.

It looks nice, too :1046275747_biggthumpup:

By the way, I knew I had forgotten a few other ideas this morning, here they are :

First, this one might be a little controversial due to the easiness it adds, and I'm not sure it would possible to do, but it would still be a very realistic addition nonetheless : police cars could carry a fire extinguisher, and policemen could be able to use it. In real life, police vehicles often arrive at the scene of fires and accidents before the fire department does, and it's sometimes necessary that they start to extinguish small fires before they get out of hand. It even happened to me in the game, there was a car fire and the police were already on the scene, but for some reason the fire truck got stuck somewhere, and by the time it was on the scene, the car had exploded, injuring one of my officers and setting the whole street on fire. Maybe a smaller extinguisher could be created (as it is the case in real life) that would be less effective against the fire, i.e. slow down the speed at which the fire spreads/consumes the cars, or extinguish it but slower than a standard fireman extinguisher.

Then, standard LAPD officers, CHP officers and LASD sherrifs could have a 12-gauge shotgun as special equipment in police cars. As far as I know, many if not most departments in California carry shotguns in case officers find themselves facing a particularly dangerous assailant. Then again, I don't know if it's possible to edit an aimable weapon that acts like a shotgun does, i.e. shorter range and heavy damage. I guess the default range, if not editable, wouldn't matter much if we say they're firing slugs instead of buckshot.

Finally, if you feel like adding more police cars, slicktops would be great. Basically, they're fully-marked police cars, but with interior lights instead of top-mounted lightbars. Here are a few pictures :

LAPD: http://members.fortunecity.com/capdcars/lapd208.jpg

http://members.fortunecity.com/capdcars/lapd210.jpg

CHP : http://members.fortunecity.com/chpcars/chp1148.jpg

http://members.fortunecity.com/chpcars/chp1010.jpg

http://members.fortunecity.com/chpcars/chp1018.jpg

chp also carries semi auto mp5s in the trunks of patrol cars :1046275747_biggthumpup:

Guest victor02
One question...

What is the sence of having 1000 kind of police units because im 1000% sure you will NEVER all use them...

Yeah, you are right. But i think this is great to have a bit of choice. But there is a limit between having choise and having too much car in the choice. The problem is that i don't know were is this limit. I think we already have a big list of cars, the addition of a paddy wagon is good but i think the addition of cars with slicktops is useless.

Guest lash00t0ut

well stan i think it is good because they way the cars are numbered in the game it would be possible to have 5 unit "101"s on scene giving the feeling that its the only car of that type. then again you have to risk space by adding more cars too. my opinion would to be add as many different types so that you have a bigger variety to chose from but hey its not our choice its up to the people that make the mods too

Guest victor02
its up to the people that make the mods too

Yeah, we should let Hoppah decides if there is too much cars, because after all, thats him who will make all of those car :Oo

Slicktops would be a good addition if they are used for special purposes, like gang enforcement activities... And Special operations. I know that in some areas, SWAT officers use slick-top cars because of the "specail and distinct" look to them when on scene. And also because its like a normal patrol car in terms of speed and response time. I know that if I was a SWAT officer, I would choose to use a marked patrol car and just keep all my SWAT gear inside or in the trunk... It is much more faster to respond to a situation with a slicktop or normal patrol car. Than it is to get the armored car or SWAT truck, etc... Often times, they will just send the SWAT vehicles to the scene, and the SWAT officers will meet the specialized SWAT vehicles once the officers are on scene with their patrol vehicles.

well stan i think it is good because they way the cars are numbered in the game it would be possible to have 5 unit "101"s on scene giving the feeling that its the only car of that type.

that's a good idea, i just bought Faces of War and they use an "enumerator" it makes numbers from 000 to 999. every unit in the game has a diferent number. i don't know if you can use it but if you want i can send some files with the "enumerator" to anyone who wants to give it a try :D

you just have to identify a space where he sets number1,2 and 3 and he chooses a random number. it looks really cool hope it's useable :P and the best thing is you don't have to create 999 cars just the cars that you have now and he ads the numbers on the skin, when you end the game all skins are intact and you can start a new game with the same tanks but just with diferent numbers :D

I think it is cool having loads of different vehicles, when playing freeplay I form them into squads and dispatch to different areas of the map ready for action.Don't always use all the vehicles but have done, when first trying out a mod thats the first thing I do,send all the vehicles in to look at them. Mind you if lots of them have to use cheat to be able to buy them all! :1046275747_biggthumpup:

I have a questions for the next making

Do you make LAPD and CHP officers with traffic vest, and LASD officer with protect vest? I think it is good for more realism. And, do you make FBI units?

They are only small concepts for you.

Good luck with making LA mod

Heavy

i think that slicktops for S.W.A.T is a good idea because L.A.P.D use slicktops for S.W.A.T first responders to get them there as fast as possible

Didn't Hoppah finish that discution just above? Stop laming about it dude, hoppah sayd he wouldn't addition more of those so he won't

I'm not going to add more patrol cars, but I like a paddy wagon.

Too bad we can't find any pictures of a LAPD (or LASD) paddy wagon.

I have a questions for the next making

Do you make LAPD and CHP officers with traffic vest, and LASD officer with protect vest? I think it is good for more realism. And, do you make FBI units?

They are only small concepts for you.

Good luck with making LA mod

Heavy

I am not going to add FBI, but traffic vest is something I want to add too.

I don't really have limits.

There are other things:

I don't want to have 10 Crown Victoria's in my mod, slicktop or not.

But I don't have any problems with 100 complete different police cars.

I am talking about complete different models then.