Firebuff319

Installing .E4MOD into steam Em4?

Help, I am trying to get NY Mod, because I really enjoy

fire and ems, (il take pd, but don't prefer sometimes). It comes up as a .e4mod file, and it won't work for my mod installer.(regular mod installer for steam version) I really really need help because I reallly want to play other files that come up as .e4mods...

What they mean is that if the game is installed to the non-os drive the modinstaller may not work for that reason alone.  Alotta people install the game to a 2nd hard drive they keep for games and that can cause problems on older games.

The second issue is only done through regedit (editing the registry).. You can repair the registry to match your game's location by finding the registry keys the game installed and manually altering them.

What they mean is that if the game is installed to the non-os drive the modinstaller may not work for that reason alone.  Alotta people install the game to a 2nd hard drive they keep for games and that can cause problems on older games.

The second issue is only done through regedit (editing the registry).. You can repair the registry to match your game's location by finding the registry keys the game installed and manually altering them.

I am usaly a techy person but don't have ANY idea how to do that..can someone do that for me? Or give me dummy instructions?

I am usaly a techy person but don't have ANY idea how to do that..can someone do that for me? Or give me dummy instructions?

If you need dummy instructions you should not be playing in register of computer as one false move can destroy the os.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In reality what you'd be playing with IF you did it correctly won't hurt the OS.. You just better follow instructions very very specifically and not tamper with things which you do not understand.

Start>Run> type in "regedit" without the quotes.

Since I have no clue what your version of the game you have installed as, I'll have to take a guess here Likewise your Operating System you're using:

Without the OS I'm kind of guessing, with the game I don't have that version so we'll try to work around that:

Type F3 This will open up the search option for regedit:

Search for the following:

"Emergency 4"

^This IS case-sensitive.

Note: 

This is usually found in either "HKEY_SOFTWARE\" (rare these days) or "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\" (If installed for an individual user) or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\" (If installed globally)

It will generally be found under a root directory beneath one of these: for me it's sixteen tons entertainment, yours may vary since it's from a different vendor (Steam).

Once you find the Emergency4 directory, in there will be registry keys... The only one you will be altering and should alter is the "InstallDir" value.

If you have not found "InstallDir" continue searching using F3 until you do.

In my particular OS because of how the structure is on it, this value is stored in multiple places in the registry, meaning I have to change the value in each location I find it in.  You will have to do the same if you find multiples of Emergency 4 With "InstallDir" within them.  An unfortunate thing with newer operating systems, but to be sure you've changed them all you should continue searching and change every one of them if the first is incorrect.

Click on it and it will open a pop-up menu with an install path within it. C:\Program Files ect.....  If the directory for the install path does not match your installation directory change the key to match your actual installation directory then press ok.

Close regedit.

That is how you alter the registry to fix it for this game (if it needs to be altered).  If the problem persists after you've done that someone with EM4 via steam will have to assist. In order for them to assist they will require your os version (windows whatever it is and whether or not it is 32 bit or 64 bit).

In reality what you'd be playing with IF you did it correctly won't hurt the OS.. You just better follow instructions very very specifically and not tamper with things which you do not understand.

Since I have no clue what your version of the game you have installed as, I'll have to take a guess here Likewise your Operating System you're using:

Without the OS I'm kind of guessing, with the game I don't have that version so we'll try to work around that:

"Emergency 4"

^This IS case-sensitive.

Note: 

This is usually found in either "HKEY_SOFTWARE\" (rare these days) or "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\" (If installed for an individual user) or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\" (If installed globally)

It will generally be found under a root directory beneath one of these: for me it's sixteen tons entertainment, yours may vary since it's from a different vendor (Steam).

Once you find the Emergency4 directory, in there will be registry keys... The only one you will be altering and should alter is the "InstallDir" value.

In my particular OS because of how the structure is on it, this value is stored in multiple places in the registry, meaning I have to change the value in each location I find it in.  You will have to do the same if you find multiples of Emergency 4 With "InstallDir" within them.  An unfortunate thing with newer operating systems, but to be sure you've changed them all you should continue searching and change every one of them if the first is incorrect.

Click on it and it will open a pop-up menu with an install path within it. C:\Program Files ect.....  If the directory for the install path does not match your installation directory change the key to match your actual installation directory then press ok.

Close regedit.

That is how you alter the registry to fix it for this game (if it needs to be altered).  If the problem persists after you've done that someone with EM4 via steam will have to assist. In order for them to assist they will require your os version (windows whatever it is and whether or not it is 32 bit or 64 bit).

It won't come up Its you mod. It is in the Mods file. I have done everything you have told me. Is there somewhere else I have to look for it/ place it? It is not in my Modifications folder in game, but in the documents it is.

"Emergency 4"

^This IS case-sensitive.

Note:

In my particular OS because of how the structure is on it, this value is stored in multiple places in the registry, meaning I have to change the value in each location I find it in. You will have to do the same if you find multiples of Emergency 4 With "InstallDir" within them. An unfortunate thing with newer operating systems, but to be sure you've changed them all you should continue searching and change every one of them if the first is incorrect.

Click on it and it will open a pop-up menu with an install path within it. C:\Program Files ect..... If the directory for the install path does not match your installation directory change the key to match your actual installation directory then press ok.

Close regedit.

That is how you alter the registry to fix it for this game (if it needs to be altered). If the problem persists after you've done that someone with EM4 via steam will have to assist. In order for them to assist they will require your os version (windows whatever it is and whether or not it is 32 bit or 64 bit).

For steam version the mod installer works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It won't come up Its you mod. It is in the Mods file. I have done everything you have told me. Is there somewhere else I have to look for it/ place it? It is not in my Modifications folder in game, but in the documents it is.

I told you within my instructions that you must run a program/app called "regedit" using the run feature of windows.  That is the registry editor utility.  Following my instructions within the registry editor utility you should find the registry key that states "InstallDir" for it.  If you are not finding such a registry key when searching for "Emergency 4" then your installation is invalid/corrupt and did not install the registry.  Uninstall and Reinstall the game since as TheParanoid stated the steam version for the modinstaller should work if installed in the default directory.

I told you within my instructions that you must run a program/app called "regedit" using the run feature of windows.  That is the registry editor utility.  Following my instructions within the registry editor utility you should find the registry key that states "InstallDir" for it.  If you are not finding such a registry key when searching for "Emergency 4" then your installation is invalid/corrupt and did not install the registry.  Uninstall and Reinstall the game since as TheParanoid stated the steam version for the modinstaller should work if installed in the default directory.

So It will work with .e4mod files if in reinstall it?