Dyson

Vent Script

MoveToPosition takes in a GameObject as its target for motion. My theory is that it would simply require the creation of a secondary object where the firefighter climbs up. I do hope that you've handled the going down part and the script is fool-proof, that way the player can't break the script.

Ok so I'm trying again now, but there's no move to position in the SDK, do you mean move to point?

I have an idea that may be valid (and I say MAY, I have no idea of scripting):

You set a child on the entrance of the building (I'll call it A) so that the ladder childs go there when you install it. Then you set a child on the base of the ladder (B). The next step would be to create an object which will be the firefighter (as peds cannot go up and down) and you add some move animations.

The next thing would be making the script so that the FF object goes from A to B or from B to A.

I hope I may have helped you, this sounds logical in my head.

MoveToPoint it is lol. Em4 programmers be.....dumb because the script takes a GAMEOBJECT as a target and not a vector for example. If it took a vector, then it would be SO much easier.

Yeah this did bug me. I'd never noticed before because I usually do all my movements to VO location but it's kinda limiting not moving to vectors. Anyway I'm still trying to get the movetipoint to work directly but so far no luck gonna try again with a slightly different approach see how it goes