ThinBlueLineKY4

AMMT Gaming Clan

Since this has always intrigued me, and no one has provided any type of answer maybe you guys can. 

What exactly is the point of officer ranks in a multiplayer system where you're all supposed to work as emergency operations supervisors. I've played MANY a game with almost every mod that's been put up here. I've learned a lot of it I'd like to think, but I've never seen a game where it's good to have four people working in a rank structure. 

I've played divisions where we each take areas. Like for instance I may cover PD South and EMS, you might cover PD North and Tech, And the other two will split fire rescue. Of course we can always rotate it around or whatever, but its the idea. I just don't see why ranks matter to this?

Maybe, since you're still evolving your MP (unless you've developed a system where it works) you should look at positions instead of ranks?

I am in this team and I think its important because they might take care of certain areas like for example you. You cover warnings, as your signature says, and Mikey might cover tech help and etc. So I think like in this group we would have certain people covering different things, not just ingame but outside of it

Well given the fact that clans are usually small, like under ten people, what point is it to have so many moderators? Here we have two positions: Staff member, and member. There's not much need to have numerous sections like that at all. So these positions are supposed to be community administrators? If so, what type of rank gets what? 

1. Why is it so hard to add the requirements to your main post, instead of making us PM you just to findout we can't apply because we don't meet the requirement.

2. I don't find the rank structure quite useful, it's just more a title than a rank, I feel that rank systems don't work so well in small communitys.

3. I don't mean to be rude, but typing every beginning letter with a capital letter gives off the impression that you aren't fit for commanding a community.

Well given the fact that clans are usually small, like under ten people, what point is it to have so many moderators? Here we have two positions: Staff member, and member. There's not much need to have numerous sections like that at all. So these positions are supposed to be community administrators? If so, what type of rank gets what? 

Squads/Clans have ranks for many different reasons. It all depends on how they feel what is right and best for running their clan. Yes they can just say admin or moderator but what is the fun in that when you are attempting to role play as emergency services? Also like my squad, we use ranks for many different things. the Chief Staff is admins and take care of all the paperwork (new recruits, staff, edit site) , discipline, and much more. Capts and Lts are in charge of training to help give new users some tips on how to play games more realistic and how our operational game play works. Hope this answers your question :D