Xplorer4x4

Fire Station Control Panel Broken in ALL Mods Except Mine?

As the title suggests, in my mods the control panel works fine but when I load any other LA Mod based mods like Riverside or Northview or even MikeyPI's NYC Mod(in the NYC Mod I even lack the proper map or fire stations), the fire station control panel has no commands. I'm not able to access the units in the fire stations or anything making all mods unplayable. I have tried redownloading and installing mods several time with no luck. Any suggestions?

logfile.txt

As the title suggests, in my mods the control panel works fine but when I load any other LA Mod based mods like Riverside or Northview or even MikeyPI's NYC Mod(in the NYC Mod I even lack the proper map or fire stations), the fire station control panel has no commands. I'm not able to access the units in the fire stations or anything making all mods unplayable. I have tried redownloading and installing mods several time with no luck. Any suggestions?

Northview has a fire station control panel? The fact that it doesn't have commands is because it isn't supposed to exist.

I call ghosts on this one.

That's not an official version of Norhview. Where on earth did you find that? I've never seen it before?

Your release thread.

Could it maybe be something to do with the fact most mods don't like the deluxe version?

Do you get the same problem using standard freeplay?

I have tried loading standard free play instead of deluxe. No difference. :(

Well that's incredibly odd since that is NOT the map, or mini-map for that matter, that comes with the mod. It looks like things are cross loading. It's some of the stuff from my mod are loading with another.

That is really weird.

Chances are one of the mods you've installed has altered the original game files, as such whatever mod is the culprit has changed the way all the other mods are using the "base" game, I've seen this happen with others who did not install sub-mods correctly, chances are one of em that auto extracted replaced original files to help out that specific mod.. Only thing I can think of to do is to uninstall/remove the folder completely (make sure all references to EM4 are gone completely, then try the mods one by one working with the ones you know are stable and stay in their own folder till you find the one that replaced default base files...  Sucks but it's the only thing I can think of to try to do here, because usually a changed default file is the culprit in causing these type of "overlap" issues.

From looking at your log file I figure you ran my mod, I downloaded the old NY mod available on the site and produced a log-file to see what was what, the two log files don't even come close to matching, on yours it did not even load the hospital or the police station models within the logfile.  Mine they were present, so something is probably loading that is overtaking the ability for other mods to run correctly.  Perhaps a script in the original game was changed, I'm just guessing here as to what exactly it is.... You can try to hunt the culprit down, or just remove every aspect of em4 off your comp (manual delete the whole folder) and reinstall it, then start putting back the mods that you know are stable and don't change orig files first till you find the offender.

No luck. Clean install of Win 8.1. Clean install(obviously) of EM4. Installed my 4x4 mods only. Tried loading your mod but got stock deluxe map and base with your units. However I tried loading it in 911FR and it worked. Guess I will suck it up and deal with 911FR. :(

No luck. Clean install of Win 8.1. Clean install(obviously) of EM4. Installed my 4x4 mods only. Tried loading your mod but got stock deluxe map and base with your units. However I tried loading it in 911FR and it worked. Guess I will suck it up and deal with 911FR. :(

Idk why it does it for your version, but here's the way you can fix it for your purposes.  Copy the freeplay map, rename it as dfreeplay, along with it's dependents and it should work for your deluxe then.  We didnt do a Deluxe map, but for most people it just loads the freeplay included... So thats a fix for that which should make it work, it just wont have the deluxe missions.