K9 police 9

Mod's for emergency 5

Hi 

just wondering  if any1 know's if / when  mod's for emergency 5  are gonna be avaible  like they were in emergency 4 

Thnkz

there is a light mod but you have to edit game files a true mod that requires no editing game mods. Not before the update in Feb that maybe finish the mod editor tools so that you can create mod. but I am guess even longer then that. Judging form the sorry state of the game on release. I be suprise if we not waiting another 3 months before the final getting the editor tools working correctly. Then people have to learn the new tools. So i be suprised to see an em5 mod before middle of this year.

But at this point it to soon to tell.

Personally was thinking of trying to make my own mod based on the city i live in, down in NZ. Was going to learn how to everything even if it never got finished so I had somthing to do for fun. But god bless em. The tutorials are in german (i think) and the first one is subtitled in english !!!! AWSOME, the rest arn't bloody hellllllllllllll!!!!! mabey I wont, try unless someone releases a guide or tutorial in english so i can follow along

i have been playing em5 and already reached hamburg considering i bought the game yesterday and personally i think that it needs an LA mod like full redo of the game to LA... no offence to those who are from europe but personally i hate having to dispatch emergency doctors and an ambulance... its much more simplier to have the paramedics on the ambulance treat the victim, and i also loved on the LA mod from EM 4 how the firefighters could connect to the apparatus, and the cops chasing down the crooks... i just think that there is too much work that you have to do in em 5 which makes it unrealistic to american standards

In Europe and Germany paramedics can treat injured persons too. Only in difficult cases or when medication is need you'll have to dispatch the doctor. All features that are "unrealistic" in your opinion were decisions in order to match the game design with the needs of casual players. There are a lot of discussions about this and even the German players are afraid of this...

People tend to forget how much time and effort goes into making a big modification. When EM4 / 911 First Responders was released in 2006 it was a full year before someone (Hoppah) even started working on the LA mod. It took him an additional year to complete and release the mod (2 years after EM4s release) it was completed in record time because he was deicated to his work. Over the next four years the mod was refined as more and more people helped add additional "approved" submods to the LA mod. Then eventually, he released his models and the "sub modding" scene exploded.

Make no mistake without someone like him we wouldn't have the vast majority of US based submods we have today in EM4. Even mods like the "Red Watch" have elapsed 2 years as they've attempted to replicate realism. In short, if old EM4 models can be transferred over to EM5 then you'll see new mods popping up a lot sooner. If EM5 requires new models in general, then it will be a few years before we see any major new modifications hitting the scene, aside from small light mods.

In Europe and Germany paramedics can treat injured persons too. Only in difficult cases or when medication is need you'll have to dispatch the doctor. All features that are "unrealistic" in your opinion were decisions in order to match the game design with the needs of casual players. There are a lot of discussions about this and even the German players are afraid of this...

Yes and once again show how sixton those not care about the loyal fans that haven been around.

This game is disgraces. The editor is still not finished. the game was release as buggy unfinished beta at best. I thought sixton was a better developer but so far it seems there no better then EA.

An how ever heard of fire fighter running away form fire truck. hook up to hydrant then running back towards to truck to fight a fire? Where in world those anyone hook to hydrant to fight a fire. But i guss that again is for casual players.

People tend to forget how much time and effort goes into making a big modification. When EM4 / 911 First Responders was released in 2006 it was a full year before someone (Hoppah) even started working on the LA mod. It took him an additional year to complete and release the mod (2 years after EM4s release) it was completed in record time because he was deicated to his work. Over the next four years the mod was refined as more and more people helped add additional "approved" submods to the LA mod. Then eventually, he released his models and the "sub modding" scene exploded.

Make no mistake without someone like him we wouldn't have the vast majority of US based submods we have today in EM4. Even mods like the "Red Watch" have elapsed 2 years as they've attempted to replicate realism. In short, if old EM4 models can be transferred over to EM5 then you'll see new mods popping up a lot sooner. If EM5 requires new models in general, then it will be a few years before we see any major new modifications hitting the scene, aside from small light mods.

However though you need to think that that was all the way back in 2006, I can imagine that was when, 1st off Hoppah for example was probably getting starting modding however I’m not sure, and 2nd it was Modding….. In 2006 the world of gaming hardly knew what modding was, of course it was a thing but not in the sense it would be today. I would expect a decently big mod for Emergency 5 Within the year, it may not be as big as the LA Mod with over 50 new playable units and a whole script table dedicated to it, but I would expect in the sense of a NY Mod for Emergency 5 at the start of the 4th quarter of the year. However I’m not a modder so I have no idea what goes into modding a new game, I’m just using what would make the most sense to be as viable information. 

However though you need to think that that was all the way back in 2006, I can imagine that was when, 1st off Hoppah for example was probably getting starting modding however I’m not sure, and 2nd it was Modding….. In 2006 the world of gaming hardly knew what modding was, of course it was a thing but not in the sense it would be today. I would expect a decently big mod for Emergency 5 Within the year, it may not be as big as the LA Mod with over 50 new playable units and a whole script table dedicated to it, but I would expect in the sense of a NY Mod for Emergency 5 at the start of the 4th quarter of the year. However I’m not a modder so I have no idea what goes into modding a new game, I’m just using what would make the most sense to be as viable information. 

I'd have to disagree with you on that score, back in 2006 modding games existed, modding games goes back to long before the turn of the century.  When I first sunk my teeth into modding games there were plenty of people modding games, game moddding has been around for as long as games have been around that gave you even the slightest potential to mod them.  The difference today vs. way back then is the immense number of tools to ease the modding process compared to when I began doing it, back then there were extremely few tools and most of them were specialized for a specific game in order to accomplish what you wished to do.

The leading complication to modding EM5, aside from an apparently largely non-functional editor is a lack of material on exactly how to go about doing the modifications for it.  This game may in theory be an extension of a series that already exists, but the system they employed from what I've seen of it does not work like previous generations, which is going to hinder mods because from my playing with it, it seemed to me you had to mod the "core" game instead of each "mod" having it's own directory which was then loaded within the game. That's a serious issue for mods, particularly if you want to have more than one mod available for the game.

I'd have to disagree with you on that score, back in 2006 modding games existed, modding games goes back to long before the turn of the century.  When I first sunk my teeth into modding games there were plenty of people modding games, game moddding has been around for as long as games have been around that gave you even the slightest potential to mod them.  The difference today vs. way back then is the immense number of tools to ease the modding process compared to when I began doing it, back then there were extremely few tools and most of them were specialized for a specific game in order to accomplish what you wished to do.

The leading complication to modding EM5, aside from an apparently largely non-functional editor is a lack of material on exactly how to go about doing the modifications for it.  This game may in theory be an extension of a series that already exists, but the system they employed from what I've seen of it does not work like previous generations, which is going to hinder mods because from my playing with it, it seemed to me you had to mod the "core" game instead of each "mod" having it's own directory which was then loaded within the game. That's a serious issue for mods, particularly if you want to have more than one mod available for the game.

You brought up a lot of good points that i did not think of, I guess i was what like 8 when emergency 4 was released, and that was the first game i had played that I learned what mods were so maybe I was not 100% informed when made that assumption. However now I guess that you mention it, especially modding the "core" instead of it having its own directory, i guess what they could have done to make the experience better overall was to give modders the freedom that Bethesda does with their games in a sorts but again Skyrim for example is a completely different game than any of the Emergency games and honestly Emergency games are kind of unique within themselves I believe. 

As I have been playing Emergency 5 I really can’t even imagine what it would be like to mod a game like it, it seems to be to be very linear in sense of gameplay and objectives, so I guess that kind of limits what you can do with the game other then practically recreating it in mod form I would have thought that after what the modding scene turned into which I think gave Emergency 4 an extended life and is the reason why I went back to play it again after 9 years with a resolution that the game does not even support , that maybe they would have revamped the whole system to respond more like most games do today to mods and making it more of a mod friendly game, because there really is not that much content in that 7gb package, I believe that mods are what’s going to keep it alive like a lot of games today. However with that being said I would really love a really good mod for Emergency 5 by the 4th quarter of the year but I don’t know.   

EM5 in a sense stepped backwards to a more "dumbed down" form of gameplay instead of getting more complex (other games have been guilty of this as well in recent years when it comes to sequels to existing games)... Unfortunately, that means that most of the features people covet from the existing em4 framework are not present in any capacity, on top of which I believe they changed the scripting language, so direct-porting won't be happening to bring in these features.  In my eyes they could've done much more in the way of making the editor UI far more user-friendly, including a manual of some sorts to "quickstart" within the editor, and made it properly functional.  All of these things I've listed would have gone a long way in making the most of modding this game fast.  It would have been really nice to have an "import" model feature where it would import from other formats and export it as what the game actually uses, but that's wishful thinking for most games, let alone this one.

Sad reality is a good deal of the existing community talent has absolutely no interest in trailblazing EM5 to figure out how to make mods for it, when they got a look at the editor and saw how dramatically different it is from what they were familiar with, along with the issues the game it's self has had, most of them returned to EM4 and have no interest in doing em5 till someone else makes one and puts out a tutorial... With that being said, I can't say that I expect a comprehensive full mod for EM5 by the end of this year, you may see some smaller mods, and plenty of alteration projects, but I don't forsee a whole comprehensive conversion mod taking place within any close time frame without the company it's self stepping up and helping the community out with the learning curve to stoke interest in modding the game.  It's an uphill battle with this new game and most people simply put don't want to put in the time to figure out the pitfalls of it, myself included.

On top of that, and I hate to say that, I think Sixteen Tons fell into the money trap. The Emergency 4 Series was a franchise where they still cared about the community. From what I see, and correct me if I am wrong, they cared as long as they had to to start raking in the $$. Don't get me wrong I gladly pay 60 bucks for a good game. But though it is somewhat enjoyable, overall EM5 is a disappointment when you compare it to a modded EM4. The More I play EM5 the more I come to realize that.

Having said that, I agree that we won't see any complete modification for quite some time, I looked a bit at the framework of the config files myself and what those games have in common is the the Emergency in the name, that's about it.

The trend now is to make games that often fail, usually in the area of customization as of late for all companies, generally speaking. Emergency 5 is a big step graphics and engine wise over Emergency 4. The time to recreate the previous editor on top of the game, with even five of the wanted additions, would make it more work for them, almost double.

The problem lies in that they want something that looks good and is easy to sell. That's how you rake in preorders, and money. If they just recreated Emergency 4 with better graphics and some of the things the community wants, like more light options, working trailers, and more customizable freeplay, then it would be good for us, but harder to initially market, and harder to create, as more work is required. 

Unfortunately, gaming seems to be more about how much crap can I turn out, not how good can I make my one piece of crap. It'd be nice if companies had a flagship they detailed all the way to what it deserved, but it seems that they instead release as many games as they can, with the minimum they need. 

I remember when I first registered on the community forum, LA mod came out of it's diapers for Emergency 4. The community was alive and growing at the time, because of the versatile abilities to mod the game which inspired the youths to challenge their creative controls. They had an audience to produce products for, a large demand for supply. As the years went by, the counts of new members went up, and more mods came alive, emulating on the LA mod.

I was young, like most of us here, and had a lot of free time to create something that requires a lot of labour and attention. Emergency 4 at the time was well understood and it was easier for anybody to start making a mod because of support groups readily available to address any conflicts with solutions.

Unfortunately, Emergency 5 will probably not follow the same footsteps. It is a series of mazes that makes us a lost fart in a blizzard when it comes to understanding the anatomy of emergency 5. All of the great modders of Emergency 4 are adults now and I can imagine that they can't allocate the same commitment to create something from scratch for EM5. It's a catalyst. I made the very first "mod" for EM5 and already I barely have anybody downloading it. It declined over the weeks, because the game is er basic and has no replayability. This does not motivate me at all. Sure I might spend a lot of time in the editor creating different light packages, but I feel compelled not to release it because there's nobody displaying interest in it.

There's also the fact that the game was designed for German players. They have a step up from us because they can understand the language faster and comprehend the vortex veins of emergency. 5 before we will. It's a race to see who's more superior. Already I'm seeing one or two modellers creating new models for emergency 5 because they figured out the process to import it in the editor but is there a English instruction on it ? No, they're keeping the cookies in their own jar. So we're forced to register on their community forum to gain limited support control. How can this motivate us western players to create something if we're the alienated community.

I won't be surprised if it takes more than a year or two before we see new scripts and mods for the game. But until then, don't expect an alive community for EM5.

So I have to gamble wether if I should accelerate the production for RCMP modification or just retire from the community as whole until I see life in the EM5 community.

EM5 in a sense stepped backwards to a more "dumbed down" form of gameplay instead of getting more complex

That's true. The gameplay of EMERGENCY 5 is quite easy, different levels of difficulty are missing.

... on top of which I believe they changed the scripting language, so direct-porting won't be happening to bring in these features.

Changing the scripting language was the best thing they could do. The scripting language of EMERGENCY 4 had to many bugs and limitations...

In my eyes they could've done much more in the way of making the editor UI far more user-friendly, including a manual of some sorts to "quickstart" within the editor, and made it properly functional.

The editor is great! It's complex, that's right. But the editor is very powerful and you can do really cool things with it. You can't create such a powerful tool with an UI for beginners. You have to decide what you want and the developers have chosen the best opportunity.

It would have been really nice to have an "import" model feature where it would import from other formats and export it as what the game actually uses, but that's wishful thinking for most games, let alone this one.

If you understand the file system, importing models is quite easy. All you need is some kind of SVN / GIT repository, then you have to drag and drop your OBJ oder OGRE-SCENE file into the editor. OBJ and SCENE-files can be exported by every common 3D program (maybe you need free plugins). It's very important to name your differnt textures in the right way. In order to achieve the graphics quality, the models consits of 4-8 different texture layers which are responsible for different graphic effects (bump mapping, glare...). That's the magic behind it. If you unterstand the material and file system of EMERGENCY 5, it's quite easy to import new models.

The material system is explained in the tutorial video. I hope there will be English subtitles soon.

In my opinion you can't they, that the editor is too complex. People just have to open there minds - if you want better graphics and much more opportunities to create your content, you'll have to use more complex tools. That's all.

There's also the fact that the game was designed for German players. They have a step up from us because they can understand the language faster and comprehend the vortex veins of emergency. 5 before we will. It's a race to see who's more superior. Already I'm seeing one or two modellers creating new models for emergency 5 because they figured out the process to import it in the editor but is there a English instruction on it ? No, they're keeping the cookies in their own jar.

In the German community we have up to five developers of Sixteen Tons Entertainment who try to help with the editor and the material and file system. At the moment the EMERGENCY 5 SDK is in preparation and it will be available both in German and English. There will be English subtitles to the tutorial videos too. The DLC will include some kind of mod loader in order the create packages and load mods into your game. It's just a question of time.

All you've done is reaffirmed my statements with everything you've said, without proper documentation to go along with it, you're asking alot for the non-Germans to be able to "dive" into this new editor, I tried it, played with it and generally was unimpressed with the "editor" they included... As a developer tool it may be great, but I am not one of those people who know what they've done and changed, as you say the Germans have the developers on their side, we unfortunately do not.  No English support in the form of documentation is included, nor is there anyone from the developer here to help us with the learning curve.

No Documentation to help ease the process means that "if you understand the file system" doesnt mean a thing to us, because frankly we don't understand it, and apparently won't until they come out with yet another bane of the modern gaming community, a DLC to include the tools we need... No offense to that but pass, I wouldnt buy a DLC for this game, it is yet another example of the game being incomplete and costing too much where the dev decides to try to get more cash for extra tools that should've been there in the first place.  They are not the first, nor will they be the last to do the whole DLC content, but my opinion is that rarely does DLC content lead to the justification of the costs they demand for them, in most instances the DLC simply corrects things that should have never been an issue in the first place.. Very few DLC's go to the level of being a proper expansion of the core game to lead to the cost, imo most DLCs are not even worth charging for, just an example of companies fleecing the consumer.

The game is meant for the German community, we all know this, but the lack of support outside of it is in fact a rather clear slap in the face for anyone outside of it, which is why I opted to not even try to "understand" the new system. Nor will I continue onto that game, imo it just isnt worth it for the dumbed down system with a prettier appearance. I prefer substance over graphics and the game as a framework is lacking that immensely to my viewpoint.  Everyone has opinions and everyone is entitled to them, but I myself don't feel like the game has any support for people outside of the German community, so why should I care to support/endorse a product that has nothing going into it to appeal to me? As you said the German community has up to 5 developers helping you guys out, we have none that even grace us with a presence to attempt to give us a shot, so they apparently don't value the consumer outside of Germany from my viewpoint.

Everyone has opinions and everyone is entitled to them, but I myself don't feel like the game has any support for people outside of the German community, so why should I care to support/endorse a product that has nothing going into it to appeal to me? As you said the German community has up to 5 developers helping you guys out, we have none that even grace us with a presence to attempt to give us a shot, so they apparently don't value the consumer outside of Germany from my viewpoint.

Can't agree more with what you've said, even EM4 that I bought way back in the day had a Editor Manuel PDF in English, it wasn't the best but it was a starting point at least.

I was young, like most of us here, and had a lot of free time to create something that requires a lot of labour and attention. Emergency 4 at the time was well understood and it was easier for anybody to start making a mod because of support groups readily available to address any conflicts with solutions.

All of the great modders of Emergency 4 are adults now and I can imagine that they can't allocate the same commitment to create something from scratch for EM5. It's a catalyst. I made the very first "mod" for EM5 and already I barely have anybody downloading it. It declined over the weeks, because the game is er basic and has no replayability. This does not motivate me at all. Sure I might spend a lot of time in the editor creating different light packages, but I feel compelled not to release it because there's nobody displaying interest in it.

I think this is a bigger factor that people forget with all this, life moves on an the people like Raf, Marius, Dyson that I met on this game as a teenager, we are now 20s, in school, starting careers and life. This is probably the same with many others who have been here for longer. Yea we love the game still but obviously there are more priorities and asking  to mod for a game that offers no support to us, is as you said not motivating at all. Although modding EM5 is nice, as a hobby I find enough satisfaction in EM4 to stick with it.

The game is meant for the German community, we all know this, but the lack of support outside of it is in fact a rather clear slap in the face for anyone outside of it, which is why I opted to not even try to "understand" the new system. Nor will I continue onto that game, imo it just isnt worth it for the dumbed down system with a prettier appearance. I prefer substance over graphics and the game as a framework is lacking that immensely to my viewpoint.  Everyone has opinions and everyone is entitled to them, but I myself don't feel like the game has any support for people outside of the German community, so why should I care to support/endorse a product that has nothing going into it to appeal to me? As you said the German community has up to 5 developers helping you guys out, we have none that even grace us with a presence to attempt to give us a shot, so they apparently don't value the consumer outside of Germany from my viewpoint.

Sorry, but I can't share your view of EMERGENCY 5 and the relation between the German and international communities. The German community doesn't have any advantage over the international community. The game design of EMERGENCY 5 does not even represent the German and Europe fire fighting and rescue system. The game is designed for casual players worldwide. The developers weren't interested in fitting the game design to German, American or international rescue standards.

And yes, there are some developers around there in German boards. But they only give short hints - it's no problem to collect these 30-40 postings and translate them into English language. The benefit for the international community wouldn't be as much as you think. There is no German or English documentation of the editor. The German community has the same problems as all others around the world...

Wouldn't it be nice if we all put in an e-mail request to Sixteen Tons Entertainment to make a LA-Mod for the game themselves? I did so myself several weeks ago through the "support" site of Sixteen Tons Entertainment. Unfortunately I never got any reply. 

My reasons to help Sixteen Tons Entertainment understand why the LA-Mod is so much wanted by so many players, were the following:

- The game is NOT only for the German market anymore, although originally created for it in the first place.

- EM-4 became extremely popular in various European countries since the modder "Hoppah" created the LA-Mod for EM-4.

- Ever since the first rumours about the development of the complete new EM-5 version, over the years players were asking and wondering about the possibillity of again playing with a LA-Mod, showing the polularity of the LA-Mod.

- Although a lot of players are enthousiastic about the complete make-over of the game, almost everyone is crying out for the development of a new LA-Mod.

- Just because of the LA-Mod, Sixteen Tons Entertainment understood more than anything that players would like to be able to mod the game and made this possible in EM-5.

- Since the knowledge of creating and/or modding of the game is best known to Sixteen Tons Entertainment, it would be most appreciated if Sixteen Tons Entertainment would build the LA-Mod themselves, as an upgrade, to meet up with the crying wish of the players for this mod. I am most certain that the creators are familiar with this whish considering the fact that this is an constant issue on multiple EM forums for several years now. 

- Doing so, makes me certain that this would increase again the polularity, as well als the sales numbers, of EM-5.

Like I said, I wrote my e-mail through the "support" site of Sixteen Tons Entertainment but I am not sure if this was the best way to do.

My request to you: If any of you would know a more specific e-mail address of Sixteen Tons Entertainment to put in this request for the making of an LA-Mod, please let us know. Maybe, if we all sent our e-mail, we would have have a LA-Mod sooner than we'd hope for, or at least receive a reply whit the future plans of Sixteen Tons Entertainment regarding EM-5 and a possible (?) LA-Mod.

Kind regards,

Robert,

Netherlands.

Just a piece of good advice: Don't waste your time with writing such mails. Sixteen Tons Entertainment won't be interested in it. There's no chance that this wish will ever come true. If you want the LA modification, you'll have to create it on your own. If the DLC is released, you'll have all what you need for it: The editor, the mod loader and the scripting system. The modding sytem might be quite complex at the first glance, but time is changing. The editor is very powerful and with the scripting system you can create what ever you want. FPS game? Completely new gameplay? Driving simulation? RPG? All this will be possible. You even will be able to edit the graphic engine and change the look of the game.

Every EMERGENCY modder cried for more modding possibilities, now we have them. You can't deliver this possibilities without increasing the complexity of the whole modding system. If you are not able to handle the modding system and the editor right now, you'll have to wait until someone appears who can control it. That's all...

- Just because of the LA-Mod, Sixteen Tons Entertainment understood more than anything that players would like to be able to mod the game and made this possible in EM-5.

Really? The only person who has to know it, is Ralph Stock - he's making the decisions. And I don't know, if he even knows what the LA modification really is. Ralph wasn't really interested in modifications the last few years. He had some contact with the developer of the Winterberg modification, and Wuppertal, ERS Berlin and RTS were presented to him. There were even some mod develeopers who worked for his company. But it would go too far, if you say that the LA modification was the reason for the modding possibilities in EM5. The LA modification is really good, that's true. But you shouldn't overestimate the effects it can achieve.

Every EMERGENCY modder cried for more modding possibilities, now we have them. You can't deliver this possibilities without increasing the complexity of the whole modding system. If you are not able to handle the modding system and the editor right now, you'll have to wait until someone appears who can control it. That's all......

A good editor can be complex but easy to use.   But from what I seen of EM5 editor so far.  It not easy to use.  And this is from a person that job is doing software.  Who has a degree in Computers.  Now maybe this mythical DLC will fix this.  But I doubt.  For starts we told it was coming in feb.   However there only 7 more days left in Feb.   Since we heard no more details of mythical Feb DLC I am going to guess it not coming in feb or it be a half finish crap like the game was when it was released.  After all that . Sixteen Tons Entertainment.

Based on your comments.  It no wonder the game was horrible unfinished game.   IT pretty clear the developers have no clue.   Because the community guy has no clue.  I strongly suggest Sixteen Tons Entertainment Look at making the editor easyer to use.  Because a powerful, unsable editor is a worthless editor.   Since they made the editor there should be no probelm making two interface for it.  And Easy and hard.   Easy limit ability.    Hard wide open.

Modders will not take months to learn how to use an editor.   They made mods in there free time. 

As for the sorry excuse that mods want it.

What about all the customer that wanted Limit water, fire fighters that hooked up to hydrants. etc.

No the real answer is it takes time and money to make an easy to use editor and Sixteen Tons Entertainment has no plans on doing that.   Emergency 5 was simply a money grab.   And unless there a major changes.  I will never buy another Sixteen Tons Entertainment game.  Further more.  I will tell everyone I now not to buy the crap game Emergency 5. And this coming from some one that has bought two copies of each of the early version.  First the German version.  That I would get when I visit family or had family in germany send me.  Then buying the American version when it was released years ago.   But Sixteen Tons Entertainment is quickly getting added to EA Games boycott.   They earn that boycott by release a unfinished buggy game and not support it as well.  Call Sim City.