Ghost Graphic Designs

Personnel walks slowly when carrying equipment

Hi. :)

EDIT:

I've been trying to put some new missions in my modification, but now some of my personnel walks (either when they're carrying equipment or stretchers). I figured it might be related to EM4's upgrade system, but I want to make sure. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Any help and/or tips are highly appreciated. :)

Copypasted intoo existing one on my PC, saved and opened it with Browser - post-4733-0-92329500-1421081382_thumb.pn

Ending with defaultcount must be "> without it " />

Here's fixed your code

<unit id="VLCI51"><campaign><missions value="1 2 3 4 13 15 9 8 5 17 12 14 7 19 10 6 18 16 11 20 24 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35"><prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 RSB Lisboa/VLCI_51.e4p" /><price value="1000" /><speed value="130" /><space value="5" /><loadspace value="0" /><personnel><unit id="SAPADOR_BOPE"><defaultcount value="4" /></unit><unit id="CHEFE_SAPADOR"><defaultcount value="1" /></unit><unit id="SAPADOR_HAZMAT"/></personnel><equipment><unit id="FIRE EXTINGUISHER" /><unit id="FIRE HOSE" /><unit id="CHAIN SAW" /><unit id="AXE" /></equipment></missions></campaign><freeplay><missions value="22"><prototype name="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/battalion_chief_vehicle.e4p" /><price value="1000" /><speed value="110" /><space value="2" /><loadspace value="0" /><personnel><unit id="BATTALION_CHIEF"><defaultcount value="1" /></unit><unit id="FF_EMT" /><unit id="FF_EMT_SCBA" /></personnel><equipment><unit id="FIRE EXTINGUISHER" /><unit id="AXE" /></equipment></missions></freeplay></unit>

When you add new prototypes, you have to modify several files:

In the Specs folder, portraits.xml has to have the correct TEXT and UNIT parameter. Those coincide with the Unit.xml Unit ID and strings in the Lang folder files portraits.xml and infotexts.xml.

Specs portraits.xml

<portrait prototype="mod:Prototypes/Persons/02 EPI/urbano.e4p" big="norm" text="LISBONENSE" unit="LISBONENSE"/>

Lang portraits.xml

<string name="ID_PORTRAIT_LISBONENSE>Display Name Goes Here</string>

Lang infotexts.xml

​<string name="ID_NAME_LISBONENSE">Display Name Goes Here</string><string name="ID_PURPOSE_LISBONENSE">Description Goes Here</string><string name="ID_TOOLTIP_LISBONENSE">Display Name Goes Here</string>

Make sure you've also copied over the image files into the same unit folder.

When you add new prototypes, you have to modify several files:

In the Specs folder, portraits.xml has to have the correct TEXT and UNIT parameter. Those coincide with the Unit.xml Unit ID and strings in the Lang folder files portraits.xml and infotexts.xml.

Specs portraits.xml

<portrait prototype="mod:Prototypes/Persons/02 EPI/urbano.e4p" big="norm" text="LISBONENSE" unit="LISBONENSE"/>
Lang portraits.xml
<string name="ID_PORTRAIT_LISBONENSE>Display Name Goes Here</string>
Lang infotexts.xml
​<string name="ID_NAME_LISBONENSE">Display Name Goes Here</string><string name="ID_PURPOSE_LISBONENSE">Description Goes Here</string><string name="ID_TOOLTIP_LISBONENSE">Display Name Goes Here</string>
Make sure you've also copied over the image files into the same unit folder.
That explains it... I was unsure if I needed those files, but now I know what to do. Thanks for the help, I'll test it ASAP and keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

I would think it's intentional and a part of either the person type (paramedic teams), or the getequipment action (shears).

I know that the upgrade levels also affect person speed, but I'm not sure about all the details. I had some issues in campaign missions with slow people after I messed around with new units; I made some changes after that but I don't know if those persist.

I would think it's intentional and a part of either the person type (paramedic teams), or the getequipment action (shears).

I know that the upgrade levels also affect person speed, but I'm not sure about all the details. I had some issues in campaign missions with slow people after I messed around with new units; I made some changes after that but I don't know if those persist.

It happens with all of the equipment (EMT bags, fire hoses, extinguishers, etc.). :(

What did you change? Scripts, Specs, Prototypes? ^^

It happens with all of the equipment (EMT bags, fire hoses, extinguishers, etc.). :(

What did you change? Scripts, Specs, Prototypes? ^^

Is this in a mission or is this in freeplay? If this is in a mission, you must create a campaignprogress.xml in the Save folder.

Inside this campaignprogress.xml, you must have entries like this:

<UnitUpgrades>        <UnitUpgrade id="AMR_PARAMEDIC" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="ATF_AGENT" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="ATF_SWAT" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="ATF_SWAT_SHARPSHOOTER" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="BATTALION_CHIEF" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="BOMBSQUAD" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="BP_OFFICER" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="CHP_OFFICER" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="CORONERS" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="DOGLEADER" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="EMS_CAPTAIN" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="ENGINEER2" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="FBI_AGENT" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="FBI_AGENT_TAC" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="FF_DIVER" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="FF_EMT" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="FF_EMT_SCBA" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="FF_EMT_STRETCHER" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="FF_HAZMAT" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="FF_PARAMEDIC" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="FF_PARAMEDIC_SCBA" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="FF_PARAMEDIC_STRETCHER" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="LAPD_MOTORCYCLE_OFFICER" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="LAPD_OFFICER" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="LAPD_RIOT" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="LAPD_SWAT" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="LAPD_SWAT_SHARPSHOOTER" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="LASD_OFFICER" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="LASD_SEB_OFFICER" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="NEGOTIATOR" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="POLICE_SUPERVISOR" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="SCOUT2" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="SS_AGENT" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="US_ARMY_SHARPSHOOTER" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="US_ARMY_SOLDIER" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="USAR_FF" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="USCG" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="USFS_FF" level="3" />        <UnitUpgrade id="USFS_SCBA" level="3" />    </UnitUpgrades>

You must create an entry for every person unit (such as the ones you did) to make them run while carrying equipment. Hope this helps.

Is this in a mission or is this in freeplay? If this is in a mission, you must create a campaignprogress.xml in the Save folder.

You must create an entry for every person unit (such as the ones you did) to make them run while carrying equipment. Hope this helps.

Ah ha! That would explain why some of my new ones were slow in missions.