OrigiHawk

gameplay video up.

I found a video of someone in europe playing. it seems the game isnt the best right now and hopefully a future patch addresses the issues. could be why steam is holding off on the release for NA.

here it is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3raR__eU8RI (edit : dead link )

Edited by OrigiHawk

They may very well have tried... we just don't know who's at fault for the Steam (non-)release, Steam, or STE?

Outside of that, it's great to see some first gameplay... but I sure hope that the 1.1 patch (https://twitter.com/emergency5nl/status/538129480225931264) is a fix for some of the traffic/model collision bugs (as seen in the video).

Ah apologizes, I only glanced over your posted, I thought you said they were going to release a patch.

Well, according to this tweet (as I also referenced) they are going to release a patch (for disc-holders first). I added on to that saying I hope it's to fix the collision bugs. :)

No problem though! :D

Edit:

Just noticed the title and description of the video posted by the OP says the gameplay is before the patch has been applied, so we'll have to wait and see!

Wiggling vehicles and pushing PT forward like a shopping cart at 8:20 made me laugh... though I'm not sure as if it's funny or as a pathetic disgrace to the developer.  :dry:

You guys are just....wow...you havent' even played it yet and you are already condemning it.

1. It's a first release

2. You haven't even physically played it for yourselves yet

3. It's a first release

4. This is why you don't hype things you know little about (leaving a lot of room for disappointment)

5. It's a first release

'Gents. It's a game. What you get now is not set in stone. May I remind you that EM4 had SEVERAL patches after launch. It's actually rare for a game to be 100% at launch.

Lastly, I don't know what you all expected, but after reading all the "desires" and "expectations" in the "What would you like to see" thread I can see why some of you are disappointed. Remember, this is a game, not a simulator. This community as a whole expects Emergency to be a realistic simulator, but in fact that's not what it's meant to be. Little do you realize it was the mods that made EM4 awesome. I really haven't seen anyone rave about the base game before. Once there are some mods out there, I bet opinions will change. What does a perfect game leave for modding? Nothing. If there is a lot left to be desired, then that give something for the modding community to work with. If the game was perfect I can tell you right now I wouldn't waste my time making mods for it.

*end rant*

Lets play the game for a couple days, at least a couple hours, before we pass formal judgement. Watching a car drive around the track is a far different experience than actually taking it out for a test drive yourself.

Just my $0.02 ;)

All right guys. Calm down. Everything's going to be ok.

The gameplay at this point may be a little disappointing. That's ok. ALL new games are poor when they first come out, but they get patched and improved and eventually are excellent, absolutely wonderful games.

I've seen this happen many, many times. It may be days, or it may be weeks. It may be months even, but I doubt it. But however long it is, Sixteen Tons has put way to much work into it to let it slide. This is a financial investment for them, a big one, and I'm sure they're taking it seriously. Game development is a lot harder than you think.

Rest assured, you will definitely get value for your money in the near future.