Blackout

Blackrock Cliffs

Well the other day when I read the news about emergency 5 hopefully coming out this year it got me excited. So excited that I wanted to make a new model. So I started working on a new truck model, and 3 days later it's now done.... well aside from the UV mapping and skin, but I can get that done another day.

The truck is going to be a slick top patrol truck. And I may end up using the cab section on a light equipment type vehicle

15fin_zpsb0f3f1b7.png

As far as the mod goes... My original plan was to make this mod for emergency 5. Just start making models so when EM5 was released, I would have a bunch of brand new units to put in my mod. After not hearing about the game for basically a year I started working on the map and lights which, who knows if they will transfer over or not... So, now I'm back to my original plan of making new models for emergency 5. I'll decide at a later date if this mod will actually be released for EM4 or not and of course, keep you posted when I decide. 

Hope you enjoy what you've seen so far!

Fine for you, not everyone is blessed with a higher performing computer... Especially when it comes to online-play which is why we try to keep them lighter.. Mine average around 2500-3000 total (including all goodies to make it police or fire or whatever).  Rare vehicles ones that arent used alot or in quantity you can make higher but the larger poly vehicles add up as there are more of them.. A solo 10k model isnt that bad but if it is called 10x that's 100,000 polys plus lights. Your model could be streamlined (merge the polys) and still look pretty awesome without having all the polys especially on the roof for example.

Really? I didn't think so. When I looked through some units they have normally around 3000 polys. The new seagrave unit in harbor city has 11,000 polys and it runs just fine. 

Well the absolute count isn't that high really. But like MikeyPI said, you could've streamlined the model by merging polygons which would've resulted in a model with twice as few polygons and it would probably look the same. Especially the roof, the rear window and the tailgate, they're all basically flat parts and do not need that many polygons. In other words, when you start building bigger models try to keep that in mind, because it will result in better performance. Especially if you're planning to replace a lot of models.

A single 11k polygon model doesn't hurt any system. Try replacing 200 original models with 11k polygon models and 50 textures each and you're going to get memory leaks. Plenty of great examples on the forums where mods do not work for a lot of people for an apparent 'unknown' reason. You may want to check out this small guide: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/18637-guide-tips-on-game-performance/

Well I have finished the second fire unit for the mod. Obviously it is the same base model as the patrol truck I created. 

I named it Squad 4 for now, not sure what I am going to call it or what number it will have. Also the wheels weren't showing up in Zmodler2 so I just left them off... You can see the wheels in on the patrol truck!

Enjoy!

squadfin_zps1e89a90a.png