modern futuristic (emergency 4)mod (w.i.p.)

You shouldn't try to jump right into making a mod. Most of the modders here practiced for a long time before taking on a project. Use the tutorial section. Good luck in the future!

okay cool thanks for the advice next time I will definitely try and do more modeling and scripting and maybe some mapping before I post a mod

update 2/22/13 11:06 pm pacific standard time

hey guys just an update for you I would like the communities help in getting or making models for this mod if anyone could be so generous as to provide models that I could use for this mod it would be greatly appreciated.

replay to post if you have any new ideas for me or models it doesn't matter.

update 2/23/12 12:21 am pacific standard time.

hey guys just an update for you I have just finished yet another model for the mod here is the pic:

post-39555-0-19047700-1361607798_thumb.j

this is fire engine 174 it is a hovering fire engine complete with 4 hand-line hookups and a red&blue lightbar and front square light mods all red and blue flashing

that's it for now until I get to make another model to show you guys see yah.

warhunterwolf1-1

Guys grow up,

how can he improve if your making comments such as things like "awful" and being sarcastic where is the

constructive criticism? :1046276128_motz:

It's not the best model there is but at least he's attempt to make one.As far as I know it's not stolen??

@warhunterwolf1-1 here's a few improves that can be made to your model.

• The texture seems way to bright-play aground with the brightness and contrast settings (I highly recommend Photoshop for 2D art)
  • The lightbar is way to fake,make make some lights inside the bar and put a transparent texture on it.
  • Maybe add a pattern or something similar along the engine.

Finally I don't know what 3D software you are using but I highly recommend 3ds max it's top class software.

Regards

Freelancer

what is this. I dig the minecraft model...

dive omg im doing the best I can with the models don't be like that jesus.

Guys grow up,

how can he improve if your making comments such as things like "awful" and being sarcastic where is the

constructive criticism? :1046276128_motz:

It's not the best model there is but at least he's attempt to make one.As far as I know it's not stolen??

@warhunterwolf1-1 here's a few improves that can be made to your model.

• The texture seems way to bright-play aground with the brightness and contrast settings (I highly recommend Photoshop for 2D art)
  • The lightbar is way to fake,make make some lights inside the bar and put a transparent texture on it.
  • Maybe add a pattern or something similar along the engine.

Finally I don't know what 3D software you are using but I highly recommend 3ds max it's top class software.

Regards

Freelancer

thank you for the support freelancer. I really appreciate it I am using google sketchup 8 pro as my 3d modeling software. I would use 3ds max but I don't know how to use it and I am more familiar with sketchup than I am with 3ds max.

I would interject with a speech on how to give constructive criticism and what not, but I'll save some time here, as it seems Freelancer did it without playing moderator, or being a douchenugget. I'm all for making sure we don't have mods full of crappy stuff, but be nice about saying it, else you'll get no mods at all.

I would interject with a speech on how to give constructive criticism and what not, but I'll save some time here, as it seems Freelancer did it without playing moderator, or being a douchenugget. I'm all for making sure we don't have mods full of crappy stuff, but be nice about saying it, else you'll get no mods at all.

Freelancer, you are one of the nicest people to post in this topic. Good luck to you sir and good luck warhunter.

there's 1000's of tutorials online on how to use it

and 10x better than sketch up

thank you for the support very much appreciate it.

update

here is a police car I have made.

post-39555-0-97444300-1362030586_thumb.j

here is another model I have made

post-39555-0-81893700-1362108147_thumb.j

thank you for the support very much appreciate it.

update

here is a police car I have made.

post-39555-0-97444300-1362030586_thumb.j

here is another model I have made

post-39555-0-81893700-1362108147_thumb.j

Not saying I could do any better but, maybe ( constructive criticism) it would be worth editing models that are previously made by others. You know, edit them to be futuristic or something. Help build of your modeling skills and such, I give you credit for trying but I won't lie or be sarcastic when I say it needs work. There are many lightbars people have made and posted on here, working with those may help. I see before you mentioned it was your first time skinning etc, just my personal opinion that it may have helped to wait until you improved and advanced your skills before declaring a mod. Good idea, just needs lots of work and learning.

Not saying I could do any better but, maybe ( constructive criticism) it would be worth editing models that are previously made by others. You know, edit them to be futuristic or something. Help build of your modeling skills and such, I give you credit for trying but I won't lie or be sarcastic when I say it needs work. There are many lightbars people have made and posted on here, working with those may help. I see before you mentioned it was your first time skinning etc, just my personal opinion that it may have helped to wait until you improved and advanced your skills before declaring a mod. Good idea, just needs lots of work and learning.

thanks for the constructive criticism and I am trying to do my best with models I am trying to learn how to use autocad 2013 it is kind of hard.

I can see that your using Sketchup. Nothing is wrong with it, however, it will be alot of work moving the files from Sketchup to Zmodeler. As Freelancer said, try use 3DS Max. Just remember you won't learn it overnight, and making car models can take a while. However if you take your time and watch Youtube video's I guarantee that you will make models that people will find better looking.

You can use other programs if you wish aswell (Blender - fully free, Zmodeler, Maya, etc)

For reskins, I'm not sure what program you use but I suggest Photoshop, or if you can't afford it GIMP. Try not to use the paint bucket (but you can for some parts). Use paintbrush and pencil tools for smaller details. Ofcourse there are tutorials for this aswell.

I like the general looks of the models you made though. Keep the concepts and as you expand you 3D knowledge create smaller details that will make it look nice :)

I can see that your using Sketchup. Nothing is wrong with it, however, it will be alot of work moving the files from Sketchup to Zmodeler. As Freelancer said, try use 3DS Max. Just remember you won't learn it overnight, and making car models can take a while. However if you take your time and watch Youtube video's I guarantee that you will make models that people will find better looking.

You can use other programs if you wish aswell (Blender - fully free, Zmodeler, Maya, etc)

For reskins, I'm not sure what program you use but I suggest Photoshop, or if you can't afford it GIMP. Try not to use the paint bucket (but you can for some parts). Use paintbrush and pencil tools for smaller details. Ofcourse there are tutorials for this aswell.

I like the general looks of the models you made though. Keep the concepts and as you expand you 3D knowledge create smaller details that will make it look nice :)

close comment already have replied to comment in #43.

thanks it really helps me when people that are as nice as you put out comments that can help me improve on 3d modeling I really appreciate it because it tells me what I should and shouldn't do as far as 3d models. but I do have one small problem once I export the files from sketchup I do not know how to export them into a .v3o file for emergency 4. so if anyone could tell me how to do that it would really help me out. because the last time I tried to do a .v3o file export it told me that it couldn't find the original file to export I guess idk.

thanks it really helps me when people that are as nice as you put out comments that can help me improve on 3d modeling I really appreciate it because it tells me what I should and shouldn't do as far as 3d models. but I do have one small problem once I export the files from sketchup I do not know how to export them into a .v3o file for emergency 4. so if anyone could tell me how to do that it would really help me out. because the last time I tried to do a .v3o file export it told me that it couldn't find the original file to export I guess idk.

Thanks for the kind words :laugh:. Anyway to get a file from Sketchup to .v3o you can open your sketchup file and export as a .3ds file. (I am not sure if you need Sketchup pro for this - if so you can download a trial from the main website). Once you have the .3ds file, you will need to open it in Zmodeler. From there you can export as .v3o (Again, needing full version of Zmodeler)

I haven't tried this myself, but I know many others have and it has worked, so good luck :)

Thanks for the kind words :laugh:. Anyway to get a file from Sketchup to .v3o you can open your sketchup file and export as a .3ds file. (I am not sure if you need Sketchup pro for this - if so you can download a trial from the main website). Once you have the .3ds file, you will need to open it in Zmodeler. From there you can export as .v3o (Again, needing full version of Zmodeler)

I haven't tried this myself, but I know many others have and it has worked, so good luck :)

but when I try and export it from zmodeler it says that it can not find the original file to export.

so how do I deal with that issue

but when I try and export it from zmodeler it says that it can not find the original file to export.

so how do I deal with that issue

Hi warhunterwolf1-1,

It's great you're trying to learn some new skills, and are keen to take on people's advice to develop your skills.

In terms of advice, I'd strongly recommend you steer clear of SketchUp 8, as it's more of a programme that is used by architects and engineers to bring about concept designs and develop ideas for buildings; not building models, as it doesn't really function effectively in this way. Despite the fact that most of your models will probably coming out looking rather blocky and rectangular, you'll experience a tonne of problems trying to successfully get them working in Zmodeler, let alone the issues that'll arise post-import, with aligning the model and exporting successfully in to the game.

A great piece of software for 3D modelling to get started on would be Wings3D. It's completely free, and I personally find it suits me great and is very simple to learn and work with as a programme. It can be found here, with some in depth tutorial videos here. Although it may take time to master the basics, I can assure you that soon enough your models will start looking a lot better than they do at current, and to a novice, 3DS Max is probably a very daunting software; it's a professional level piece of kit, incredibly complex with many different options which may take months and months to learn properly; it will provide the best models of cause, but that's not to say Wings3D won't provide exemplary content which'll match up for a real-time simulation game like Emergency 4.

With regard to textures, at current I'd advise practising on pre-existent models that can be found around at numerous sites, most notably http://www.emergency-forum.de. I'm by no means saying release any of this content, but if you practice around on the UV maps (A kind of template where you paint on different sections, which is then projected on to a model), you'll soon master the basics of texturing. With regard to programmes, Photoshop CS5 and CS6 would be by far the best pieces of kit, yet again the complexities may be quite hard for an amateur to handle at first, so Paint.NET and GIMP will suffice.

Overall, learning to mod is nothing to feel ashamed about, and producing content that may be criticised by the community is simply an ever-present factor on the journey to learning to mod successfully; at least you're trying, and I'm sure if you show real progress in learning skills, and start producing some basic, but high quality, skins and models, people will soon follow you and help you in any way you need. Of course, you can always ask any questions on the forums here in the Modding Related Support topic, ranging from scripting, modelling, skinning and mapping, and will be given advice and support if a member can help in your specific area.

Above all, perhaps halt the development of this project until your skills are better matched for the task at hand, and then proceed. As you'll have probably witnessed, the best modifications have usually started out as small skinning jobs and moved themselves up to the innovators of the scripts and models many of us look forward to on this site.

Hope it helps,

Rlast.

Hi warhunterwolf1-1,

It's great you're trying to learn some new skills, and are keen to take on people's advice to develop your skills.

In terms of advice, I'd strongly recommend you steer clear of SketchUp 8, as it's more of a programme that is used by architects and engineers to bring about concept designs and develop ideas for buildings; not building models, as it doesn't really function effectively in this way. Despite the fact that most of your models will probably coming out looking rather blocky and rectangular, you'll experience a tonne of problems trying to successfully get them working in Zmodeler, let alone the issues that'll arise post-import, with aligning the model and exporting successfully in to the game.

A great piece of software for 3D modelling to get started on would be Wings3D. It's completely free, and I personally find it suits me great and is very simple to learn and work with as a programme. It can be found here, with some in depth tutorial videos here. Although it may take time to master the basics, I can assure you that soon enough your models will start looking a lot better than they do at current, and to a novice, 3DS Max is probably a very daunting software; it's a professional level piece of kit, incredibly complex with many different options which may take months and months to learn properly; it will provide the best models of cause, but that's not to say Wings3D won't provide exemplary content which'll match up for a real-time simulation game like Emergency 4.

With regard to textures, at current I'd advise practising on pre-existent models that can be found around at numerous sites, most notably http://www.emergency-forum.de. I'm by no means saying release any of this content, but if you practice around on the UV maps (A kind of template where you paint on different sections, which is then projected on to a model), you'll soon master the basics of texturing. With regard to programmes, Photoshop CS5 and CS6 would be by far the best pieces of kit, yet again the complexities may be quite hard for an amateur to handle at first, so Paint.NET and GIMP will suffice.

Overall, learning to mod is nothing to feel ashamed about, and producing content that may be criticised by the community is simply an ever-present factor on the journey to learning to mod successfully; at least you're trying, and I'm sure if you show real progress in learning skills, and start producing some basic, but high quality, skins and models, people will soon follow you and help you in any way you need. Of course, you can always ask any questions on the forums here in the Modding Related Support topic, ranging from scripting, modelling, skinning and mapping, and will be given advice and support if a member can help in your specific area.

Above all, perhaps halt the development of this project until your skills are better matched for the task at hand, and then proceed. As you'll have probably witnessed, the best modifications have usually started out as small skinning jobs and moved themselves up to the innovators of the scripts and models many of us look forward to on this site.

Hope it helps,

Rlast.

hey thanks for the advice.

update...

modeling moving right along have already started forming my models better and are making them look smooth and streamline I have actually today just finished up a airport fire rescue crash truck.

if u don't already know international airports such as lax international have there own fire depts. that respond to fires on the runways and other disasters that require fire crews. they use specialized trucks that carry a special type of substance that when mixed with a fire will be more effective then using water. these specialized trucks are commonly referred to as fire rescue "crash" trucks. so as u can see from several mods on here such as la mod and Honolulu mod they are working on or using fire rescue crash truck models. in la mod the airport fire truck is referred to as lax crash 80 well I have made a model called airport fire rescue crash 127 it will be based on the lax fire rescue crash trucks. I will post pictures of the model very soon. if anyone could shoot me some photos of any more internation airport fire rescue trucks then it would help me a lot in making several different models then deciding out of all the ones I made which one I should use for my airport fire truck model. thnks and have a good day.

update here is a photo of the airport fire rescue crash truck I made

post-39555-0-58998500-1362343739_thumb.jpost-39555-0-76207500-1362343755_thumb.jpost-39555-0-09688900-1362343781_thumb.jpost-39555-0-09688900-1362343781_thumb.jpost-39555-0-18391800-1362343829_thumb.jpost-39555-0-67803600-1362343831_thumb.jpost-39555-0-24680400-1362343839_thumb.jpost-39555-0-29497000-1362343847_thumb.j