eyespy900

essex mod news

Yeah as cops said above if you make the white colour transparent (alpha texture) on the shield it will allow the LED to be visible from behind.

PS. Any update on the personell? This mod looks quite promising, big improvement on the older version. :)

Yeah as cops said above if you make the white colour transparent (alpha texture) on the shield it will allow the LED to be visible from behind.

PS. Any update on the personell? This mod looks quite promising, big improvement on the older version. :)

thanks for the advice, how do i make an alph texture?

I think you have to open the texture in Photoshop or something similar and delete the white parts so only the black parts of the shield remain, flatten the image and then export as a .dds. Anyone correct me if i'm wrong, not very experienced with this.

Alpha textures can be quite tricky sometimes, though once you get the hang of them they shouldn't be too much of a problem.

With alpha textures, instead of working mainly with the layers panel you work with the channel panel; this can be found on the right side of the screen, where you find your layers; 3 buttons, Layers, Channels and Paths. If it is not there, you can find it by going to the top of the screen, and clicking on Window and enabling it through there. (Photoshop CS5)

In the most basic terms, anything you paint completely black in the channel panel will become transparent on the image, and anything that is painted completely white will be shown; it acts like a layer mask in that respect, hiding and showing parts according to what colour the programme reads them as.

For more information, and a much clearer example of how this works, check this out:

http://www.axialis.com/tutorials/tutorial-misc001.html