Freelancer

GTA IV PC Petition

Hello all,

for all of you that love GTA and have it for pc (which I do) you will want GTA V PC to be released along with the xbox and ps3 edition

there's now a petition for Rockstar to make a PC version when it comes out please could everyone try and sign it? :)

Full story here: http://uk.ign.com/ar...0000-signatures

Petition: http://www.change.or...ase-gta-v-on-pc

If you look at Rockstar Games' release history for the past 10 years, console VS PC (excluding mobile/handheld consoles):

• GTA III: PC version out 7 months later
  • State of Emergency: PC version out about a year and a half later
  • GTA Vice City: PC version out 6 months later
  • Midnight Club 2: PC version out 3 months later
  • Max Payne 2: PC version out 1 month before console
  • Manhunt: PC version out 5 months later
  • Red Dead Revolver: No PC version
  • GTA San Andreas: PC version out 7 months later
  • Midnight Club 3: No PC version
  • GTA IV: PC version out 7 months later
  • Manhunt 2: PC version out a week later
  • Midnight Club Los Angeles: No PC version
  • GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City: PC version 6 months later (same for PS3, Xbox had an exclusivity agreement)
  • Red Dead Redemption: No PC version
  • L.A. Noire: PC version out 6 months later
  • Max Payne 3: PC version out 15 days later

Draw your own conclusions. My guess is that GTA 5's PC version will be available roughly around the same date next year, give or take a month.

Interesting fact: The Midnight Club and Red Dead series are developed by Rockstar San Diego, and it seems like they do not port their titles to PC. However, Rockstar San Diego used to be called Angel Studios, and you may remember them for creating Midtown Madness 1 & 2, popular PC-exclusive racing titles of the late 90s-early 2000s, which are among the first racing games to feature an open-world map, and which have greatly inspired the Midnight Club series.

In addition to what everyone else is saying, and I could be totally wrong because I know nothing about game development, but the console version is scheduled to be released in Spring of next year. Obviously, this means the console version are at a point where they will be ready to be released in a few months, and I can think it can be assumed that the PC version is NOT ready to be released in the same amount as the console versions.

I'm a console owner, so I'm not affected, but do seriously want them to just rush through whatever's left to do with the PC version? Rushing is not good, because the final product will generally be a lower quality (At least in whatever aspects of it were rushed) and it's more likely to have problems, which all the PC owners who are currently complaining about it coming out later than the console, are only going to complain more about, and complain that they released the game before it was ready to.

Do you really want that? Put yourself in the shoe's of Rockstar Games and anybody else working on it, do you want to deal with that? Do you want to rush it, and deal with problems after release, or do you want to make sure the game is finished so there are minimal issues after release?

Okay, so to expand on my previous post, there are many, many reasons why a console release would be earlier than PC. Aside from the fact that this is a pattern for them, and they've already got it done pretty much

1. PC games have to be more protected.

2. PC Games also have these little detail sliders, meaning the engine has to be designed to handle multiple levels of models, whereas that's not a concern on console

3. PC Games also need to be set up to run on windows, meaning extra work due to the fact the others will be on Xbox/PS3 platforms

4. It's very hard to pirate Xbox and/or PS3 games, meaning they can rely on a much higher sale return without worrying about bootleg. (Most games, esp big ones like this have working pirated copies available for torrent within 12 hours)

5. This is pure speculation, but by making a game not for PC, it'll encourage the modding community to continue to play the older release, possibly selling more copies of it

6. Maybe they hate PC ;)

Interesting fact: The Midnight Club and Red Dead series are developed by Rockstar San Diego, and it seems like they do not port their titles to PC. However, Rockstar San Diego used to be called Angel Studios, and you may remember them for creating Midtown Madness 1 & 2, popular PC-exclusive racing titles of the late 90s-early 2000s, which are among the first racing games to feature an open-world map, and which have greatly inspired the Midnight Club series.

Actually, Midnight Club the first one was also mad by Angel Studios and Rockstar. I think after that is when the became Rockstar San Diego.