FireShooter10

Firefighting Simulators

Anyone know of any good firefighting simulators? I have Airport Firefighter Simulator, the only one I know that's in english. I also have two german sims, Werksfeuerwehr-Simulator and ABC-Schutz-Simulator. I am yet to find a patch to make it english, but I have been trying to pick up on some of the german, enough so that I can play them. If anyone knows any english patches for these, please post them here... It would be a lot of help. And any other good firefighting simulators you guys know of can also be posted here.

I just picked up that ABC-Schultz simulator last week too. Pretty decent. Interesting units and emergencies, but not as good as the Airport one.

An english patch would be nice though.

Have you looked at the fire department/chief series? They're quite old now - first release was in 2003 - and they're no longer supported (Monte Cristo went bust).

I don't think you can get the first one via download, but it was the best

Second one didn't work with any OS above XP and no one stocks it

Third one is pretty good and you can get a digital version from Game for £10

Edit: Here's Fire department 3 for download at £9.99

http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Fire-Department-3-160-43.html

It's pretty good. There's several different country's units you get to Use, but only when the mission is in that country, missions are fairly decent, but I haven't finished the game so I don't know how good/bad it gets. Should work on W7

2nd edit:

And here's Fire department 1 at £7.99

http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Fire-Department-1356-43.html

This one is better than the third IMO. 4 country styles to choose from (UK, FR, GER, USA - I'm sure there's a 5th though) with some very nice 'Emergency' style missions.

I think I'll install FD when I get home now.

I just picked up that ABC-Schultz simulator last week too. Pretty decent. Interesting units and emergencies, but not as good as the Airport one.

An english patch would be nice though.

Have you looked at the fire department/chief series? They're quite old now - first release was in 2003 - and they're no longer supported (Monte Cristo went bust).

I don't think you can get the first one via download, but it was the best

Second one didn't work with any OS above XP and no one stocks it

Third one is pretty good and you can get a digital version from Game for �10

Edit: Here's Fire department 3 for download at �9.99

http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Fire-Department-3-160-43.html

It's pretty good. There's several different country's units you get to Use, but only when the mission is in that country, missions are fairly decent, but I haven't finished the game so I don't know how good/bad it gets. Should work on W7

2nd edit:

And here's Fire department 1 at �7.99

http://game.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Fire-Department-1356-43.html

This one is better than the third IMO. 4 country styles to choose from (UK, FR, GER, USA - I'm sure there's a 5th though) with some very nice 'Emergency' style missions.

I think I'll install FD when I get home now.

Don't go to Gamesplanet.com. I bought FD3 from there, and they scammed me out of the £10 for it, and I never got the game.

Don't go to Gamesplanet.com. I bought FD3 from there, and they scammed me out of the £10 for it, and I never got the game.

I've bought five games through Gamesplanet.com and never had a problem. Contact their Support and get the issue resolved.

edit: Contacting support is easier said than done, but try support@metaboli.co.uk or I suppose support@gamesplanet.co.uk might work.

"Rescue - Everyday Heroes (US Version)" just came out yesterday ($17 on Steam right now). Has anyone played around with it or the previously released versions?

I have the UK version and I don't really enjoy it. Civilians don't "exsist" (They ghost through your vehicles and walk within an inch of a fire and shrug it off),  and ambulances sometimes don't leave the map, which can make you fail/restart a mission. The UK sirens are awful too.

Also the A.I is REALLY stupid. One time, I had two firefighters tackling a fire, one from each side. Every time the firefighter on the right extinguished a fire, he would run past all the fires and join his colleague on the left.

Another time, a paramedic retrieved the stretcher out the back of the ambulance. The path to his right was blocked by a hydrant, but he insisted on going that way anyway. When he couldn't get through, he gave up.

It can be a pretty game at times though.