bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Hello, I love this mod and realize it still is in process of being fixed. I was wondering though why the game just crashes? None of my other mods do so I was just curious. It crashes mid game basically for no reason just shuts off with no error code or anything. Just want to know why this may be happening. Thank you

Hello, I love this mod and realize it still is in process of being fixed. I was wondering though why the game just crashes? None of my other mods do so I was just curious. It crashes mid game basically for no reason just shuts off with no error code or anything. Just want to know why this may be happening. Thank you

Does it basically minimize the screen and go to the desktop? If so, I have the exact same problem. 

yeah that's what it does. I'll be in the middle of the game and itll just go blank and right to desktop

Yeah just sitting there then poof, I feel the pain.

I just wish there was more than one tanker. In a real situation you would have at least four or more tankers on a house fire. That is the only thing I would suggest. Also I was thinking of a new script I thought would be cool, and it would add to the realism . . . maybe have like a trash line script, so that firefighters could just show up to a small fire and start putting water on it right away, rather than having to get a hose out and connect it just for a small brush fire or trash fire.

I just wish there was more than one tanker. In a real situation you would have at least four or more tankers on a house fire. That is the only thing I would suggest. Also I was thinking of a new script I thought would be cool, and it would add to the realism . . . maybe have like a trash line script, so that firefighters could just show up to a small fire and start putting water on it right away, rather than having to get a hose out and connect it just for a small brush fire or trash fire.

If you edit the fp_params_endless.xml and change the <MaxParkingSpace value="35"/> value to something higher than 75 (75 is the number of starting units). I have mine set to 150, that way i can buy lots of tankers, i also send 1 tanker per engine called to the fire. 

Fire extinguishers...?

Thats the first thing I noticed. :)

I don't wish to complain about their being some blank spots for fire hydrants. I rather say THANK GOD FOR THE TANKER or else I would of been screwed in those pesky fires up near all the homes in the north part of the map. I realized that I should of stretched the tanker a little more so the engines would get closer to the heart of the fire.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=395659801

It's kind of the point places that have a town water supply don't need tankers unless its in the sticks. Your vehicle placement alone needs to be cleaner lol. Your setup allows for nothing to get past so if you needed another unit or tanker you would have to go down the street from the different side which wastes time. lol

I don't remember who mentioned it, but if anyone wants the version of this mod I created with an added BCFD station, AMR ambulance replacing the Sprinter and a few fixed traffic bugs, various small map edits and alarm boxes (Occasionally they are triggered and it's a false alarm with a box that must be reset), PM me.

I'm pretty sure you have to get permission from the creators of the mod before you relese that

How do I get the v2.0.1 to work? I'm a bit slow when it comes to mods. I also have the beta version

1:  After opening the downloaded file click Montana mod 2.0.1 and rename the file that is named mods to Montana Mod V2.0.1

2: Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\Mods

3: Drag the newly renamed Montana Mod V2.0.1 into the folder

It should work after that if done correctly :happy:

Is there a way to make buildings burn for longer but not destroy everything around them, i had a fire at the theatre in the town and by the time i got everyone out of the way the fire was out?

I took out the beta mod and downloaded v2.0.1 and dragged into the mods folder just like any other mod and it does not work am I doing that wrong?

did you rename the folder that is called mods Montana Mod 2.0.1

I mean you could use a fire extinguisher, but in real life when you have a brush fire (at least where I live) you would use a hose. We don't use the extinguisher too much.

We use Indian packs which is basically a super squinter   

That's why I didn't post the link on here. :P

If Bama or Itchyboy says it's okay, I'll be happy to though.

Sorry, you can't release any edited version of the map. Nor can you give it out to people via PM, that's also considered a form of release. You're welcome to post pictures of your changes, though.