bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Its my best kept secret right now, even though its 90% done... I will say this. It will make you forget EM4 was ever European. No textures have been recycled. It's got a little bit of everything... most of it is the town, there's farmland on the outskirts, train lines, creeks, a forest, and plenty of other fun details. 

I'll probably release a large picture of part of it a few days before release.

Thank you for the message. I am really looking forward to it. Keep up an awesome good work. 

I won't know for sure until closer to release, but I doubt it will be more than a GB. Probably closer to 800mb like Handsup said.

Only one fire station. Two engines, supervisor, and a brush.

Its my best kept secret right now, even though its 90% done... I will say this. It will make you forget EM4 was ever European. No textures have been recycled. It's got a little bit of everything... most of it is the town, there's farmland on the outskirts, train lines, creeks, a forest, and plenty of other fun details.

I'll probably release a large picture of part of it a few days before release.

Photoshop CC.

Wow wouldn't think Photoshop could do that!

Very important question: What is going to be the size of the download? If you dont know give me an aproximate size plz. I have a 1MB internet connection that takes like 5 days to download a 1GB file.

If its 1GB or more by any chance could you compress the whole thing into a zip/rar file?

plz :D

Well I feel very sorry for you. What company runs your internet. And what kind of router do you have?

To demonstrate just how accurate the new map is to the real-life area it's set in, here's a screenshot of a part of it, on top of a real-life picture of some Montana fields and skyline. (Link to background photo: http://www.city-data.com/picfilesc/picc12998.php - from Cascade, MT). It's almost here...  :xmas:

JNeOsqv.png

To demonstrate just how accurate the new map is to the real-life area it's set in, here's a screenshot of a part of it, on top of a real-life picture of some Montana fields and skyline. (Link to background photo: http://www.city-data.com/picfilesc/picc12998.php - from Cascade, MT). It's almost here...  :xmas:

Beautiful. It really is a privelage to be working with this mod.

Bama great job with the map! People have been basing submods off the LA mod map for a while. I think the tide is turning and from what I have been seeing I feel you have created one of the best maps this game will see. One question I know some use them and some don't and some over use them but will we be seeing any HazMat incidents in this mod. Thank-you and great job! 

So I'm wondering with this mod, I'm not sure if this was answered earlier in the thread, I searched but it doesn't talk about the new map specifically. What I'm wondering is, all these screens of the rural landscape and such, will the map be freeplay? Or will it be like the U.S. army mod was where it was just a very long mission?

So I'm wondering with this mod, I'm not sure if this was answered earlier in the thread, I searched but it doesn't talk about the new map specifically. What I'm wondering is, all these screens of the rural landscape and such, will the map be freeplay? Or will it be like the U.S. army mod was where it was just a very long mission?

Its freeplay :)

Early during development we considered using mission scripts but we found it to be too difficult to script, and it would mean no MP.

Its freeplay :)

Early during development we considered using mission scripts but we found it to be too difficult to script, and it would mean no MP.

This makes me tingle, Christmas is going to be wonderful! Great work so far, I really enjoy the current version already! I've seriously spent hours in the past searching for a good mix of rural freeplay. There're mods the depict overseas services in freeplay with a nice rural map, but none for the U.S. This is like a wish come true. lmao