Ghost Graphic Designs

Rockport Modification [V2 W.I.P.]

I can't make the unit look like the real one... SO FRUSTATING! :mad:

Here's how it looks at the moment - I still have to change some things; improve the cab and search for a different "rear"...

Added both real and ingame pictures, to compare the looks... :)

It would be nice if anyone posted a model that looks (almost) like the Rosenbauer Commander chassis, I've been ages searching for a perfect one and editing it! :holdglass:

post-34602-0-16738400-1355607486.png

post-34602-0-39167200-1355607487.jpg

The problems that I'm seeing are the rear needs to be lengthened, a very easy task, and you just need to give the top part of the front of the model a little love tap backwards. I can't see the roof very well because of the background, but from what I can tell, those are the problems at hand. Nothing major, but I think those two little things would greatly improve the likeness of the first picture to the second

The problems that I'm seeing are the rear needs to be lengthened, a very easy task, and you just need to give the top part of the front of the model a little love tap backwards. I can't see the roof very well because of the background, but from what I can tell, those are the problems at hand. Nothing major, but I think those two little things would greatly improve the likeness of the first picture to the second

I agree

Thing is, unlike America, RCMP is not like the FBI and noses in everywhere. They actually rarely will be seen in many metropolitan areas that have their own police force. The RCMP is often contracted in by cities, towns and provinces to police areas in which it is not feesible for the jurisdiction to make their own police department. Major cities like Toronto and Ottawa are virtually void of RCMP vehicles, since they have their own police services. Here in St. John's we have an RCMP headquarters, but they are not allowed to patrol inside the city, nor can they operate inside the city without the RNC's permission, as it is not their jurisdiction. This doesn't mean that the RCMP won't be in the mod, but they'd only be used realistically in this setting as highway and rural patrol

Parks Canada is basically security for national parks. From what I can tell, there isn't any national park sites in the Rockport mod as is, so they would serve no real purpose. Parks Canada Wardens are designated as peace officers and have police powers within the parks boundaries, however say they left the park to go into the city to get some food or gas, they could not legally pull you over without the jurisdiction's permission (which will seldom happen). Perhaps if there were some missions where there was a big park that was the main focus of the mission, like Hoppah's kidnapping mission, then you could justify adding in a unit, but you won't be seeing them added for patrol in the city.

It would be much more realistic to have added something like a port authority, as many cities with ports will have their port authority officers designated as peace officers, and even on occassion, get them red light and siren permits. I think the way Ghost is working towards now is to focus on some city agencies, such as an auxiliary police service, (which I already have in game) and another pet project we're both working on, which is the City Command Post

I am more familiar with Canada than most Americans so I know what the RCMP and Parks Canada wardens do. I was just wondering if a Canadian mod would have these(in my mind) uniquely Canadian Units. I know that Parks Canada has no place and RCMP little place in Rockport but surely neither does Task Force Bravo or the CBSA. Speaking of RockPort, where in Canada is it? I could only find 2 (Ontario and New Brunswick) and they both looked like small towns.

From my knowledge, this is a fictional city based around the Canadian feel of things. At least that's what I've gathered. Ghost is the one to ask on that though.

RCMP I would imagine will be placed in game eventually, but it's not a top priority at this point, at least on the list of things I have. A lot of the vehicles we have in the mod are also used by the RCMP and they use it almost identically, so all it would be is a simple skinning and some touch ups, and BANG, RCMP models. As for the park wardens, my personal opinion is they won't have a purpose really, but now that's just me, I just do work for this mod.