LACityFFengineCo287

LA Restoration Submod (WIP)

Most if not all people on here have played the LA Mod, so our objective is to update it to get it to the current LA units. This will include everything from new skins to new vehicles, equipment updates, lights, and sirens.

New units will be added, such as the LAFD Seagrave http://farm1.static.flickr.com/147/422793782_fb52e803f5.jpg

updated skins, and the tiller will be updated to the current American LaFrance.

Team :

LaCity : Modeler

GerardTIII : Skinning/scripting

EM4life : Lighting

ALL UPDATES WILL BE POSTED HERE.

LOOKING FOR : SIRENS (F.D, P.D, E.M.S) (Specifics will be p.med to this person)

Thanks "G", erm Yeah, I'm working mainly right now on updating the personel skins, as they are quite shite. As part of the restoration mod I'm hoping on adding three persons to the fire department, an animal control unit based on the SWR truck, erm and yeah. Also unfortunatly because of the angle of those photos that were provided are not usable, and at this time I have no intention or interest in doing those skins seeing as how the changes. Also there is no real need for the mountain rescue teams as there is no use for them in game. And I'm at a basic scripting level, I can't make missions, or map textures, so while the thought is there, I will say there is no possible use, and I'm not really going to spend my time making these extra not really used fetures. However, if you would like to spend a week or two making a mission and separate scripts for persons to use in a specific context, I would be happy to make a skin and add your truck into the game.

It's just kind of like what the NY team's doing and keeping it up with the current NY, we're doing it for LA. Thanks for those pics ENG, we will be updating all the units. Not too much major stuff, because like NFK said, most of the units are still in service. :P

There is no use for a Mountain Rescue, as seeing there is no mountains on the current map. :P

The ambulance will be updated to the current one for the ALS rigs, BLS will become the older style ambulances.

For that EMS truck, the squads are still in service, I may model it as we go further, but right now it's not a big deal, because in r.l there's ALS engines and squads to assist on medicals.

Nice work "E"

Sevearal vehicles were kept with the old style to keep variability in the mod. Mind you, it's only been a few years since the mod started, so many units are still inservice. Most upodates would be tiny things like Lightbars, etc

It's actually been four and a half years since the LA mod came out. Many things have changed since then, and a fair amount of the fire vehicles are out of date.

Here's what I've been thinking that would bring the mod up-to date. I'll list what is incorrect and why, and what I think needs to be done with it

1. The BLS RAs in the mod (white over red) have not seen front-line service for at least a year now. They are all reserves now and even then most of them have been disposed of. I would take the white over red RA completely out of the LA mod altoghther.

2. In place of the white-over-red, BLS RA I would put a 2008 model RA like the one below. It would be given an 800 number and function as the BLS RA. The current ALS RA in the mod would remain as the ALS RA. You could also forgo adding a new model and instead copy the current model of the ALS RA, give it a skin without the high-viz on the back, and use it as the BLS RA.

lafd_rescue37_1.jpg

3. The battalion chief SUV should be replaced with the current model shown below.

lafd_batt2.jpg

4. The LAX RA needs to be completely redone with a new model. The unit portrayed in the LA mod actually was outdated from the day the mod first was released. Below is a photo of the current RA 51, and they've had this rig for 4 or 5 years now.

3973890948_c4af4431d9_o.jpg

5. The tiller needs to be redone. Currently there are only one or two Simon/Duplex tillers left. All the rest are American LaFrance/LTI. Below is a photo of one of the newest ALF/LTI tillers. It was put into service a few months ago. The numbers on the grille and on the bumper are part of a test. Eventually only one or the other will be on the rigs.

5242720879_42f3fc99c6.jpg

6. A Seagrave engine needs to be added as an additional engine. One of the new 2007 ones would be the best. The new engine would replace the ALS engine at FS2. The ALS engine at FS1 would then become a BLS engine, while the current BLS engine would become the light force pump.

7. Replacing the current USAR is arbitrary because 3 of the 6 USARs in LA city are in one of the older models as depicted in the mod. I would generally lean away from replacing the USAR.

It's actually been four and a half years since the LA mod came out. Many things have changed since then, and a fair amount of the fire vehicles are out of date.

Here's what I've been thinking that would bring the mod up-to date. I'll list what is incorrect and why, and what I think needs to be done with it

1. The BLS RAs in the mod (white over red) have not seen front-line service for at least a year now. They are all reserves now and even then most of them have been disposed of. I would take the white over red RA completely out of the LA mod altoghther.

2. In place of the white-over-red, BLS RA I would put a 2008 model RA like the one below. It would be given an 800 number and function as the BLS RA. The current ALS RA in the mod would remain as the ALS RA. You could also forgo adding a new model and instead copy the current model of the ALS RA, give it a skin without the high-viz on the back, and use it as the BLS RA.

http://www.code2high.com/LAFD/lafd_rescue37_1.jpg

3. The battalion chief SUV should be replaced with the current model shown below.

http://www.code2high.com/LAFD/lafd_batt2.jpg

4. The LAX RA needs to be completely redone with a new model. The unit portrayed in the LA mod actually was outdated from the day the mod first was released. Below is a photo of the current RA 51, and they've had this rig for 4 or 5 years now.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3522/3973890948_c4af4431d9_o.jpg

5. The tiller needs to be redone. Currently there are only one or two Simon/Duplex tillers left. All the rest are American LaFrance/LTI. Below is a photo of one of the newest ALF/LTI tillers. It was put into service a few months ago. The numbers on the grille and on the bumper are part of a test. Eventually only one or the other will be on the rigs.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5243/5242720879_42f3fc99c6.jpg

6. A Seagrave engine needs to be added as an additional engine. One of the new 2007 ones would be the best. The new engine would replace the ALS engine at FS2. The ALS engine at FS1 would then become a BLS engine, while the current BLS engine would become the light force pump.

7. Replacing the current USAR is arbitrary because 3 of the 6 USARs in LA city are in one of the older models as depicted in the mod. I would generally lean away from replacing the USAR.

Some things like the new RA's, getting rid of the white and red BLS, the Seagrave engine, and the ALF tiller were planned already as posted above. Also personnel skins are being changed, and get the gear a bit more accurate. Also, I'm not sure if it's possible, but I'm going to attempt to redo the B.A mask to make it a bit more realistic.

If you want to help us make this Billy, P.M me.

Some things like the new RA's, getting rid of the white and red BLS, the Seagrave engine, and the ALF tiller were planned already as posted above. Also personnel skins are being changed, and get the gear a bit more accurate. Also, I'm not sure if it's possible, but I'm going to attempt to redo the B.A mask to make it a bit more realistic.

If you want to help us make this Billy, P.M me.

I can't really can't skin or model, but I can find photos and do research work and brainstorm ideas about how the firestations should be layed out.

Have you thought about adding the new Dodge RAs instead of the 08' Fords?

post-3276-0-02453000-1297215512_thumb.jpg

I can't really can't skin or model, but I can find photos and do research work and brainstorm ideas about how the firestations should be layed out.

Have you thought about adding the new Dodge RAs instead of the 08' Fords?

post-3276-0-02453000-1297215512_thumb.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the new Dodge RA's personally, I'm going to stick with the Fords, but we may add the Dodges down the road.

If your looking for a lighter, don't be afraid to PM me.

Alright, thanks!

My enormous pile of crap to do:

BLS and LAX ambulances

Redone firefighter skins

Redone Coast Guard Skin

LAX firefighter with proximity gear instead of the current structural units

Redone stretcher skins (With fire gear)

Redoing all civilian skins to be more modern.

Redoing all delivery pizza stuff

LAFD Sea Grave

Adding the LAFD Seagrave.

Redoing the LAFD SWR truck into a LADH Animal Control unit + Animal control officer.

POSSIBILITY of making a DOT wildland firefighting F150 (Used for closing roads)

Redoing USFS skins

Redoing Hose texture

LASD personel getting a facelift

May put in LAPD underwater dive team

IF (Big if) I find time I'm also putting HRT back in, because I miss them.

Ermmmmm.... can't think of much else to do...

Also aitor, where's the map, specific scripts, models of persons and the truck itselfed UVmapped?

@ GerardTIII Be carefull when doing the RAs. The LAX RA should use the model of the current ALS RA with the cab mounted lightbar, not the box mounted lightbar.

LA uses Ferno gurneys too. Not yellow Stryker ones.

http://www.flickr.co..._us/3534524456/

I bring this all up because I want to make sure that these changes are authentic as possible and so you don't have to do work over again.

I'm not a big fan of the new Dodge RA's personally, I'm going to stick with the Fords, but we may add the Dodges down the road.

Which model are you using for the BLS RA, 2008 Fords or the 2004 Fords without high-viz?

I'm willing to do research work about the units if you need it.

These were discussed about being replaced but were kept just ot make it easier to identify the units

PICTURE

Yes, though for B1, look at this pic

LAFD Battalion 1

However not all of the older model Suburbans are gone

http://www.code2high.com/LAFD/lafd_batt4_1.jpg

My Thoughts and Comments

My enormous pile of crap to do:

Redone Coast Guard Skin -What was wrong with it?

Redoing all civilian skins to be more modern. -They were default bad, that's not Hoppah's Fault :P

LAFD Sea Grave -I'm gonna be a tool, and it's Seagrave not Sea Grave :P

Redoing the LAFD SWR truck into a LADH Animal Control unit + Animal control officer. -Then how will we do SWR?

Again more comments, this time in bold

Um, battalion 1 has been in a new suburban for quite some time now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99947036@N00/5332731970

It is correct that a few of the 2003 suburbans are still in use as battalion rigs, but the majority of the battalions and all the divisions are in new suburbans. All the battalions in division 3 are in new suburbans as well as at least battalion 1, 2, and 7

If you redone the coast guard officer you could make that it could carry a M4 and the blue uniform with the life jacket, and do that it could arrest. The coast guard that there are now seems more dressed to bad weather.

No more suggestions like this please, it would be the most pointless unit in the game. We have our researchers, Billy and I. :)

If you redone the coast guard officer you could make that it could carry a M4 and the blue uniform with the life jacket, and do that it could arrest. The coast guard that there are now seems more dressed to bad weather.

Okay, before I rage completly, stop putting in suggestions that were used in so many freaking other threads. BECAUSE, the answer is... NO!