Ray the Wise

What do you drive?

Thought I'd make an offtopic post of my own and ask what vehicles you people drive.

Here's what's in my garage (Yes, there's a lot, I've got a huge garage and I hate empty space)

-2004 Chrysler 300M: That'd be my day-to-day car. I do enjoy it, it's a fairly great ride, but I wish I had waited just a year more to get my hands on a 300C instead. That thing looks like a goddamn tank, with a big shiny grille that says "I'll cut you!" . My 300M feels more like a late-gen New Yorker after a trip to an all-you-can-eat buffet. Meh, it ought to break down before long, it's a Chrysler after all, and then I'll get my hands on a sweet new 300C... but then again, seems like they've already changed the design this year, so I'm pretty much screwed unless I buy it secondhand.

-1996 Lincoln Mark VIII: That thing is a f***ing modern world wonder. I love it. It's like driving a jet fighter, like an F-16 or some s***, only you don't have to wear an anti-G suit and a helmet. And it doesn't carry bombs. Nor missiles. Nor guns. Hey but it does have a radar jammer, shhhh though ;)

-1999 Cadillac Escalade: That's right! '99! The year where the 'Lade was just a Yukon Denali on which they slapped a Cadillac logo and added more cupholders and fake wood trim. At least back then it still wasn't known as the official means of transportation for hip-hop stars, so when I drive it around town, people don't stare at it, thinking P-Diddy or 2pac is going to pop out. Yeah, 2pac. Some idiots think he's still alive - obviously the same idiots who keep buying the "new" Pac CDs that are obvious remixes of old songs, with T-Pain or Akon dubbed over them.

-1992 Chevy Corvette: I bought this car secondhand while on a trip to Arizona a couple years ago. It was parked in front of Denny's with a "For Sale" sign. You've gotta know that in the early 90's, I was really into driving games on my DOS PC, especially the first Test Drive as well as Vette!, so I figured, "Holy s***, what other chances will I ever get to own one of those things?" (Plenty, it turned out, after I read the classifieds in the LA Times, but hey, I fell in love with the damn thing, ok?) So it turns out the tail lights were busted (they still are, too lazy to fix them) and the muffler needs a serious tune-up, but at least I own a friggin' red Vette and I'm proud of it.

-Remember Monster Garage? That show with the douchebag who ended up cheating on Sandra Bullock? Remember that episode where they turned a '94 Impala SS into a Zamboni? Well I bought that. Not that it has any use these days, it's obviously ruined as a street vehicle, and I don't own any indoor ice rink (yet!). Great conversation starter, though...

I almost also bought that pickup truck they built in one episode to shake down nuts from trees, but I got outbid on this one. Hope you're happy with yourself, James Woods! I'll see you in hell!

-2003 Ford Excursion: I nicknamed that one "Bob", and it's my only car with a nickname for some reason. Go figure. It's not even a car, it's a huge monstrosity, and I had it fitted with custom shocks and springs so that makes it even scarier. I'll usually take this one for a drive when the 300M is parked behing another car in my garage and I don't feel like moving that car away first. I'll also use it when I go cruising the trails or beaches and want to attract hot babes by wearing my most expensive pair of Ray Bans and using cheesy pick-up lines. Actually, I keep that pair in the Excursion all the time.

and finally,

-1998 Jaguar XKR: I guess you could call this one my actual "star car", although it's getting a bit old. Meh, it's not as if I was Seth Rogen or Dustin Hoffman, right? I can afford to drive something that's not old enough to be a classic, but not recent enough to be hot and trendy. Besides, if you knew what that hunk of british junk cost me when I bought it back in '98, you too would consider it a long-term investment. Besides, I barely ever use it, I think it has around 25k miles on the counter or something. If I sold it on Ebay and said it belonged to me, there's a chance I could get up to 75% of my investment back. Not bad for a 12 years old car.

I drive a 02 VW jetta 1.8t thats black, with tinted windows and black american racing 17' 6 spoke rims. I also have:

cold air intake

full exhumer

turbo timer

greddy boost controller

2.5 in piping

tien coil overs

Protuned

and getting bigger injectors next.

I love this car its quick as hell and tops out around 155mph and I also use it on for my POV on the dept.

I drive a black 2005 dodge charger with racing seats and a NOS injection system, it has a removable stearing wheel and a very nice upgraded sound system.

Very nice what all done to it, motor wise. I know for a Fact not even the stock srt-8 could handle NOS. Are you running a Dry or Wet System? How big is your shot?

sorry cars are my thing and I lovew to hear what you have done.

A BIKE STORY

My first bike:

0_my_first_classic_red_tricycle.jpg

Second bike:

wp39ac2677_0f.jpg

Third bike, without training wheels:

bicycle-300x300.jpg

Fourth bike:

kinderfiets.jpg

Fifth bike:

house021-thumb.jpg

Sixth bike:

mercedes-fiets_1.jpg

After the previous bike got stolen, i got my seventh bike:

Omafiets.jpg

After the previous bike got stolen too, i got it again:

Omafiets.jpg

Then I found my ninth bike:

3930827983_59e322b317_o.jpg

I lost that one somewhere while I was drunk, so my current ride is:

458368186_8283554c10.jpg?v=0

hoppah,

i like your story :)

ami,

i meaning not bad, but is time running over us-cars? the pontiac is, sorry, terrible

Rather have that Pontiac than one of the following cars:

Toyota iQ

toyota-iq-small-car-001.jpg

Ford Ka (mark 1)

foto6431show-Ford-Ka-.jpg

Smart Fortwo II

Nuvola-blue-smart-fortwo-2.jpg

These ARE horrible and you will end up dead sooner or later with one. Unfortunately, those three cars are one of the most popular in the Netherlands. Another very common car is the assless VW Golf in NL:

VW_Golf_V_1.jpg

That one is decent, although I'd never buy one because of its popularity.

I forgot my truck also 2001 Dodge ram 1500, 6in Skyjacker Lift, 3in body lift, 20in Derek Criepk DC 2's Rims, 37in Nitto Terra Grappler, Super Chip, Westin "Country" Cattle Guard, Rebel Flag painted on roof, Westin 12000lbs wench, 4.10 Arb Air lockers Front and Rear, 1 ton Axles, and so much damn shit done to my 360 small block to list, ill just say ifs far from stock

These ARE horrible and you will end up dead sooner or later with one. Unfortunately, those three cars are one of the most popular in the Netherlands. Another very common car is the assless VW Golf in NL:

VW_Golf_V_1.jpg

That one is decent, although I'd never buy one because of its popularity.

Sure, i see it too.

And who likes VW? I am not, i'm a "old school" driver phat (for europe) Mondeo from 98. :D

if you want your bike to be stolen just park it at the train station in a city and wait a couple of days...

if it's a good bike you wont find it anymore...

the bike i have was stolen about 3 times...

but every time i found it back...

but now it's just falling apart, starts to rust...

bike is 8 years old...

i need a new one... but first a car for myself...:P dont want to borrow my dads car every time...

Edited by martijntjuh