matte31

Siren help.

I bump this thread and give more info..

Im using SiSo siren script.

I have made my own siren that is both mono and wav format.

Ive filled in right things in the script etc but its crash when i press the siren button in-game.

Maybe i need an whole package of the siren script?

http://www.emergency-planet.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=121&Itemid=35 the download link of the siren script is also broken and i only have the SiSo in the script folder.

I bump this thread and give more info..

Im using SiSo siren script.

I have made my own siren that is both mono and wav format.

Ive filled in right things in the script etc but its crash when i press the siren button in-game.

Maybe i need an whole package of the siren script?

http://www.emergency-planet.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=121&Itemid=35 the download link of the siren script is also broken and i only have the SiSo in the script folder.

Don't be always certain that you made all right

Gues you miss something or made misstake in one - 2 lines

Try to check log after crash...

Add more info so we could help

First things first. The error. When the game freezes from the script error, hit CTRL+ALT+DEL(If your on Win7/Vista click Start Task Manager after that). Now you can see the error box. Click the retry button once. Grab a screen shot of that error as it will tell you the line the error is on(sometimes it can be wrong though).

Then as for the script, try using something like http://pastebin.com/ so people dont have to bother with stupid download limits and waiting timers to get your script.

Ok another thing, look at Hoppahs sirens script, its much more organized and doesnt need you to list the siren after each unit.

As for the problem, are you using sirens you made yourself or from another mod? If you made them make sure the wav files are in MONO not stereo.

hmm i got almost the same prbolem i have no siren script, if i press ingame on the siren button it gave's me almost the same error if i press on ignore i can press as much as i want on that button without happening something, and what do i need to change for hoppah's siren script?

Ok another thing, look at Hoppahs sirens script, its much more organized and doesnt need you to list the siren after each unit.

As for the problem, are you using sirens you made yourself or from another mod? If you made them make sure the wav files are in MONO not stereo.

Ok i try it out and types what happening after.

And yes i use my own siren, its in wav and mono.

Didnt work now either.

So im asking, can somone upload all siren script files, the clean ones so i dont take them from la mod folder.

You dont have to take them from the LA Mod folder, per say, just copy and paste the script to your desktop or some where else and then you have a copy and dont need to take it from the LA Mod and break the LA Mod.

I think you misunderstood that now :P

I mean, i take the script from la mod script folder and then to my mod etc.

Your right but the only way to get a "clean" version is to use Bass-Tis which is, no offense to him, a slightly inferior script. I believe it lacks the auto siren function(shutting the siren off automatically when you arrive to a location),does not offer alternating sirens, and generally better coded in terms of the way it checks which prototypes use which siren. The last part if most important. Not that Bass' script is going to over load your computer, but I just believe in doing things more efficiently when possible.

Like I said before, you have to hit retry so we can get the line error.

Take the one of the Netherlands mod 3.0 (it was made by Hoppah too) the difference with the LA Mod version is that you can configure 2 sirens for each vehicle which will be used randomly but it should be cleaner as less vehicle where added. Now if you don't need or like that feature you can configure the same siren twice ;)

EDIT:

If you don't understand our version feel free to ask and I will answer your remaining questions

Ok no one responded lol.

But here is all the screens ; http://img40.imageshack.us/g/aassas.jpg/

And the script it self ; http://pastebin.com/nj7uXsX3

The siren works, because when a car drive in front of the fire truck the siren goes on!

So whats the problem?

And what should i do if i want like HI-LO when the truck drives and yelp when a car is on front and the truck drives beside it?