Newfoundking

New York Stuff Topic

From now on, you all have a place to talk about stuff regarding New York. Units that have this or that, correct this and that. And it keeps the mod topics free of spam, and keeps everyone happy.

Now no one has an excuse to go off topic talking about new york stuff in the mod topics. You've all been warned. ;)

Post merrily

Has any NYPD car blue and red lightbar? I saw a NYPD car in a film with that lightbar (I know, it´s a film) but is it true?

No, they can have blue lights facing backwards, but not fowards.

In the NY Submod i have seen three ambulances...

One Haz-Tac

One F.D.N.Y

And one other?? (F.D.N.Y)

But what is the Haz-Tac ambulance for?

Thanks,

Gneb B :grinsevil: :grinsevil: :cheers::grinsevil: :grinsevil:

Haz-Tac units are staffed by medics/EMTs who are also trained as Haz-Mat technicians and carry Haz-Mat ppe so the medics/EMTs can enter and work in hot zones at Haz-Mat incidents. They also drive rigs with extra compartments to carry their extra equipment in.

FDNY Haz-Tac rig and other EMS units

Haztac ambulances are basically rapid response vehicles for hazardous materials medical calls. They get there fast, and allow the medics to get at the patients safely.

Haztac is just another made up word for Hazardous Tactics or something along those lines

As for types of ambulances, the main providor is FDNY. They have different types, such as regular and haztac, but aside from them there is also private companies, such as Hatzola which serves to the jewish community, or AMR or other medical transport options that people may pick, where the american system is not universal for healthcare, everything has to be paid for, and hospitals are owned by the insurance companies.

These companies then may have their own ambulances for their own hospitals, so they may grab that last cent from you

In addition to the Haz-Tacs, there are also 10 rescue medics I believe.

This shows the disposition of all NYC EMS in the 5 divisions, as well as the volunteer units

-H and Z designate Haz-Tac, R designates a Rescue Medic.

To Quote from another site:

"FDNY deploys

36 Haz-Tac ambulances (15 BLS, 16 ALS, 5 ALS-Rescue)[/code[/s]][/i] (They have more now).  [i]Rescue ambulance personnel are qualified in Confined Space and Collapse Rescue (40 hours each), Confined Space Medicine and Crush Medicine Syndrome (24 hours), Trench Rescue (20 hours) and High-Angle Rescue (20 hours).  Personnel are rated as Hazmat Technicians II.  SOC personnel receive 40 hours Trench and 80 hours High-Angle training, as well as Collapse and Confined Space training, and are qualified as Rescue Technicians II and Hazmat Technicians II.

FDNY Haz-Tac ambulances are 36-inch longer than the basic Ford F-350 ambulance and have a full-width compartment added between cab and ambulance body on a Ford F-450 chassis.

Haz-Tac rescue ambulances have, in addition to their hazmat equipment, rescue helmets and harnesses, rescue medical bags, and have a basic metering capability[/i]."

This shows the disposition of all NYC EMS in the 5 divisions, as well as the volunteer units

The word is voluntary and any rig that is a voluntary rig is a privately owned rig with a private crew (i.e. hospitals,commercial services)that have a contract with the FDNY to run 911 calls. You can easily tell them apart from other privately owned ambulances in the city because the all have stickers on the front door that say "FDNY EMS Participating 911 Ambulance", or something like that.

FFW TUT Said:

"Due to some private things i let close this topic for a time. this doesnt mean we stop developing... just cant take discussions like the last one anymore, going on my nerves... no offense but there are some more important facts i have to deal with atm. so i think its the best for all atm to close this topic until i feel better again. we just stop public information for the time the topic is closed!"

First, I hope all is well.

Secondly, this is atypical of the firefighting brotherhood.

You guys set out to make a game about a department and a job that is loved. You set out to bring realism and fun and dignity to this mod. I have no idea whether you do this job for real, but your intentions have earned you many friends. Here in the States, firefighters take up for each other. We understand the risks,and consequences of our beloved job. My issue is not with your intent. My issue is that you may not understand just how many friends you may have garnered due to this project. Step back, take a breath, and communicate with us what you need. Not just in terms of the game, but in life. We will help you.

You guys are so intent on doing this alone. That's not how we operate

He is referring to the NY Modification. No it's not a hoax, it's legit... We've closed it a hundred times before... We're closing it this time after the creator messaged me asking to close it, because quite frankly, he, as well as most of the staff of this site, are getting pretty sick of this constant bullsh*t you guys have been posting in that topic, which most of it isn't needed at all, such as this is never gonna come out, when is it coming out, will you have this feature you've confirmed, will you explain something you said you won't explain until release?

He is tired of hearing a vast majority of the members of this site complaining, badgering and just being annoying, so he requested that we close the topic for a while, while he works on the mod, does some personal stuff, and gets back into the regular routine of life...

Oh, and since I'm a man of my word, Jakethejake, you've just gotten yourself a +1 warning.. Anyone else wishing to continue about the mod in this topic will also receive one, maybe two or three, for ignoring this post... This is to talk about New York things, not the New York mod.. Do I make myself clear? Good, lets all return to topic now.

He is referring to the NY Modification. No it's not a hoax, it's legit... We've closed it a hundred times before... We're closing it this time after the creator messaged me asking to close it, because quite frankly, he, as well as most of the staff of this site, are getting pretty sick of this constant bullsh*t you guys have been posting in that topic, which most of it isn't needed at all, such as this is never gonna come out, when is it coming out, will you have this feature you've confirmed, will you explain something you said you won't explain until release?

He is tired of hearing a vast majority of the members of this site complaining, badgering and just being annoying, so he requested that we close the topic for a while, while he works on the mod, does some personal stuff, and gets back into the regular routine of life...

Oh, and since I'm a man of my word, Jakethejake, you've just gotten yourself a +1 warning.. Anyone else wishing to continue about the mod in this topic will also receive one, maybe two or three, for ignoring this post... This is to talk about New York things, not the New York mod.. Do I make myself clear? Good, lets all return to topic now.

Whatever bro give me whatever warning you want..............I run into burning buildings for a living, You aren't gonna hurt me. We have waited an awefully long time. for nothing...........I have been on their side for a long time, but sometimes you just have to deliver. These guys haven't. Anyone can post a couple of years worth of apparatus photos, and half truths. My young son thinks that this mod wont come out. What does that tell you guys? These guys have gotten a very wide berth because they are promising somtehing that we all want. They have delivered nothing. Ban me if you must....... But guys like Dyson and others who have actually delivered should riot. These guys have given us absolutely nothing! No games, no skins, no apparatus, nothing!

I have been a good upstanding member of this community for a bit. You guys have a real problem here. I am just the guy who is willing to call it as I see it. Tommorrow, I will announce my new mod........I'll throw up some photos, and give you basically nothing for two years......but you will treat me as a God..............Ridiculous!............

Somehow you are trusted to be a Firefighter... Apparently your department doesnt believe in respect, courtesy or anything of the like..... Ridiculous. I won't even take the time to go into your young son's impatience or lackof understanding the fact of how long to do a proper mod will take, it would be a fool's errand to try. I am just the guy willing to call it as I see it. Not very polite or courteous now is it?

Whatever bro give me whatever warning you want..............I run into burning buildings for a living, You aren't gonna hurt me. We have waited an awefully long time. for nothing...........I have been on their side for a long time, but sometimes you just have to deliver. These guys haven't. Anyone can post a couple of years worth of apparatus photos, and half truths. My young son thinks that this mod wont come out. What does that tell you guys? These guys have gotten a very wide berth because they are promising somtehing that we all want. They have delivered nothing. Ban me if you must....... But guys like Dyson and others who have actually delivered should riot. These guys have given us absolutely nothing! No games, no skins, no apparatus, nothing!

I have been a good upstanding member of this community for a bit. You guys have a real problem here. I am just the guy who is willing to call it as I see it. Tommorrow, I will announce my new mod........I'll throw up some photos, and give you basically nothing for two years......but you will treat me as a God..............Ridiculous!............

Somehow you are trusted to be a Firefighter... Apparently your department doesnt believe in respect, courtesy or anything of the like..... Ridiculous. I won't even take the time to go into your young son's impatience or lackof understanding the fact of how long to do a proper mod will take, it would be a fool's errand to try. I am just the guy willing to call it as I see it. Not very polite or courteous now is it?

698617.jpg

Exactly the point..

I have worked on a mod team for a mod similar to most of the ones out here now, and it has taken a year and a half, and I've been working with arguably some of the best modders on this site to create this mod. Ours is pretty simple, since we only have new vehicles, people, stations and a new function or two. The NY mod has been at work for the same amount of time, with a team of two or three, and they have been working on a mod similar to ours, HOWEVER there is a HUGE difference... In addition to their mod, they are also creating a mission, made to emulate freeplay, and for those of us skilled enough to make a mission, you'll understand even a basic one takes a lot of time, to emulate freeplay? Well that'd take ages...

Now I'm going to use my administrative powers, and delete all post that are in regards to the NY mod, warn everyone who posts them, and possibly turn off their ability to post for a little while if they don't heed by the rules. That rule comes into effect now, so don't let me catch one more post after this one.

Guest SODeltaColt556

wow you really need to chill out bro, wtf is that about, you think you deserve stuff because you think your some kind of hero or something?

just be patient like evryone else, you dont get favors for being a firefighter or things. I do a lot for my country too, probably more than you, but you dont see me weeping like a kiddie cause some mod aint comin out when you want it to come out, sheeesh. Be a man, grow some cojones and just be patient...

It must be something with New York topics, because now even the offtopic topic is off topic.

Here is a link to photos from the 2011 FDIC convention, which include some shots of the new FDNY rigs including one of the first of the Ferrara rear mount ladders. Also, I've attached pics from the FDNY EMS rant website of the new FDNY ambulances, although I heard that there may have been some done on four door Ford chassis.

post-904-0-05857100-1301494817_thumb.jpg

post-904-0-51876700-1301494829_thumb.jpg

How do NYPD handel demonstartions and riots?? What type of vehicles do they use? Horses?

We actually just discussed this in my patrol function class and my professor for that class is currently an NYPD sergeant. Basically for non-violent protests, they put a few officers in the area and make sure it stays non-violent. Anything beyond that is officers in riot gear and mounted unit to move the crowd and then arrest anyone who does anything illegal.

NYPD also have a water cannon truck, an ex-P-4 crash truck called DCU (Disorder Control Unit) 1...or at least had it,the last photo I can find of it is from 2006. There's an identical truck stationed on Riker's Island too, which I'm sure could be requested by the city.

As far as I know they're the only city in the US with a dedicated water cannon truck. But, police really isn't my strong information base.