Reece.c

3D Model Thread

41 members have voted

1. 1. Just get a grasp of what people think of my works

• Not the best
    • Alright
    • Good

Just wondering what would be a good gaming computer on the market at the moment i am currently getting a new one. The work im going to be doing on it is mainly animation/modeling, graphic deign and gaming. I was thinking of getting a alien ware or origin laptop.

Any suggestions?

Dont get an alienware. The cheapest alienware I see starts at $900 USD so I am going to assume your willing to spend atleast that much, but whats the max you would spend? A custom build is the best thing for a ~$1,000 budget. While you may give up a slight performance edge to an alienware in some cases, you know you are getting high quality parts that are less likley to fail then the parts from an Alienware.

Now I need to know a few things, what games do you like to play or look forward to playing(as in games about to come out)? Do you have any parts you can reuse like a monitor? This will help pack more bang for the buck. Heres a basic out line of what you want in a custom build:

Core i7 950

6GB DDR3 RAM Corsair 1333MHz

Gigabyte Mobo w/ 1366 Socket

Intel 120 GB Intel SSD - For running the OS,Apps, and Games

WD 1 TB Caviar Green - For storing your models and anything you download like music and movies.

Corsair 650-750 PSU - A 650 will be more then enough likley but the 700 will give you more room to upgrade in the future.

Video Card- This depends on your gaming needs. A 5670 is a cheap but pretty descent card. It would handle EM4 just fine, but if your looking to play GTAIV I think your going to be settling for low graphics settings. Although a 5770 might be a bit better for rendering in 3DS Max. If your really serious about modeling you may want to look in to a workstation video card in the future. They suck big time for gaming but they blow gaming cards out of the water when rendering for models in 3ds.

Pull the whole nose out from the tirewell forward, your tire well is too small, the nose looks too round as well but that might just be the renderer causing the nose to look far too round, kinda reminds me of a nascar stock truck atm.. If the tires arent just placeholders you definately need to widen their treads, they are far too narrow but they look like they are temp tires to me though.