Kookas

Unscripted Movie Set Car Crash

First quoted paragraph:

Regarding everything, no matter what excuse they come up with, police were at fault, since they shouldn't have entered during a shoot.

Second Paragraph:

A car versus a larger vehicle, the car almost always loses.. A simple rear ender I saw a few days ago resulted in a car being wrote off and the pickup suffered no damage after it was struck.. well his trailer hitch had a scratch.

1. Thats what I was getting at.

2.Trust me I know :P My 2004 Ford ranger won against a ~2004 Impala. Broke the front axle in two on the Impala.:P

Actually, laws with red lights are varried across the U.S.

In Ohio, you do not have to stop at all for red lights or stop signs. However, most SOGs state you should yield for insurance purposes.

I never used the word law, but like you said you SHOULD yield, regardless of weather or not it is required.

My beloved state the Emergency vehicle is not held liable in the civil matter of the accident, you get hit regardless to what in the world the vehicle pulled, your insurance has to pick up the incident. As far as departmental Disciplinary actions go yeap the operator can get hit there, but civil damages you're screwed. Police tend to abuse this little clause far more often than the EMS/Fire do, EMS always yields for red lights, Fire generally does every once in a while they fail to and cream a car crossing the intersection.

In the end the cop in this case was responding to an incident, he was probrably focused on the incident he was responding to he never even considered they might actually be filming on the EXACT moment he came through. Dumb luck on timing and he creamed the camaro and killed it... If anything I'd bet because he knew they were filming on that road, he figured he could just shoot through and respond faster... Whoopsy for him and ouch for the insurance underwriter.

Actually, laws with red lights are varried across the U.S.

In Ohio, you do not have to stop at all for red lights or stop signs. However, most SOGs state you should yield for insurance purposes.

This all depends on what code they are running. For the most part if you are running code 3, you will run lights, but common sense should prevail and the driver should yield and make sure the intersection is clear before proceeding. Most people are completely oblivious to sirens though and continue through the intersections when emergency vehicles are there which is why most drivers due yield when in response.

Regardless of laws, SOGs, or anything else you have regulatory wise, think of it this way.

My car is built to be quiet, so I don't hear much of the outside world. I'm going through an intersection I have the right of way in, in broad daylight, with my windows up. On a normal day, I've got a radio on too. In real life, I hear the siren, oh well, about the same time I see the lights, unless I have a window down, then if I kill the music, it's a little before.

Mr. Camaro was peeling out in a fashion that was directed to be done only on a closed road, windows up, tinted, and a revving engine, and then, oh damn, ther'es a cop car where it isn't supposed to be. When you're a stunt driver like that, you don't need to watch around as much as if you weren't, because they tell you what is supposed to be there, when it is supposed to be there, and what's safe for you to do. Therefore, you don't look as much. Personally, I think regardless of all the legal bullshit, the cop, although he meant well, was the cause of the accident. I feel bad for him, it's an honest mistake anyone could've made, but he wasn't careful enough in a situation like this, and assumed, which has been proven many a time that it will result badly.

Remember Kiddies, if you go assuming, you're making an ass out of you and ming. Ming is a little chinese kid, and he already is insulted enough daily. You're pushing him to suicide every time you go about assuming.

Yeah the cops probably had the road blocked off for the movie since the producers have to get authorization from the city to block off the road.

In regards to the siren, most people just chose to ignore the siren regardless of if they hear it or not. They also have a new siren that makes the seats in the car "rumble" hence the name rumbler siren.

Yeah the cops probably had the road blocked off for the movie since the producers have to get authorization from the city to block off the road.

In regards to the siren, most people just chose to ignore the siren regardless of if they hear it or not. They also have a new siren that makes the seats in the car "rumble" hence the name rumbler siren.

Its a growler