Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

I can't wait..been having alot of fun with version 1 sorry for those who still have trouble with it. But it is a fun mod. Best to date in my opion

Yeah not to be up ourselves, but I've worked on a fair few projects, and this is the only one I still enjoy playing :) but yeah v2 should change things even more :) hopefully :)

x

Sorry, I haven't been following this mod pretty much since the original release as I was one of the people who got the crash to desktop problem.

I'm considering giving this mod another go but before I do, what is the latest version that is out? And did the crash to desktop problem ever get resolved?

Sorry, I haven't been following this mod pretty much since the original release as I was one of the people who got the crash to desktop problem.

I'm considering giving this mod another go but before I do, what is the latest version that is out? And did the crash to desktop problem ever get resolved?

It was resovled but due to the fact that people don't have a good enough computer we can't come to a direct solution but to blame it on peoples computer.. There was to much in the mod that it caused people to ctd because of either to many units or models on the map that caused the computer to give up and crash the application. And right now we're working on a new " patch" that should not ctd and have lesser units.

It was resovled but due to the fact that people don't have a good enough computer we can't come to a direct solution but to blame it on peoples computer.. There was to much in the mod that it caused people to ctd because of either to many units or models on the map that caused the computer to give up and crash the application. And right now we're working on a new " patch" that should not ctd and have lesser units.

You mean v2? Nah, MORE UNITS :D and true about the CTD

I'm not sure if I know how you got to find that out, considering there is other mods with much more units and scripts available that does not CTD as easily. Have a look at Norway Mod, that modification has more units and cars yet a very stable release. I think you should rerun your debug-logic and see if what you just said is correct as I think it's highly unlikely that is the reason.

Also, we know for a fact that certain scripts would cause the fire trucks to spin around like crazy. And that has nothing to do with the amount of models/units in the game, that is just the scripting of certain functions that has not been done properly. (That would cause a CTD aswell)

I'm not sure if I know how you got to find that out, considering there is other mods with much more units and scripts available that does not CTD as easily. Have a look at Norway Mod, that modification has more units and cars yet a very stable release. I think you should rerun your debug-logic and see if what you just said is correct as I think it's highly unlikely that is the reason.

Also, we know for a fact that certain scripts would cause the fire trucks to spin around like crazy. And that has nothing to do with the amount of models/units in the game, that is just the scripting of certain functions that has not been done properly.

Mods that are more 'high end', for example a larger number of high poly vehicles, high numbers of extra models (such as the huge amount of new vehicles and buildings, causes mods to crash out on PCs that cant handle it. This is because Em4 really makes a meal of running these items. Yes Em4 was designed to be modded, but running models and maps/buildings/scripts so far beyond the original game really strains the engine. Take the Berlin ERS mod, that crashes out after each freeplay similar to ours, another example of the game being drastically altered.

That's my opinion, back to skinning this bad ass model Raf just made ;D

x

Don't make that the end all cause though, I have a high end computer and still had CTD issues.

Don't make that the end all cause though, I have a high end computer and still had CTD issues.

I still have some also.. but thats not all why it crashes... it was better before in beta.

Also, we know for a fact that certain scripts would cause the fire trucks to spin around like crazy. And that has nothing to do with the amount of models/units in the game, that is just the scripting of certain functions that has not been done properly. (That would cause a CTD aswell)

i got this from raf and dyson.. just spreading the msg.

So basically it's still crashing to desktop?

Yeah, after each game of freeplay, but a few mods do that, it's just something any gamers will have to deal with.

At the end of the day we're making the best we can, then trying to get it to work uniform across a wide number of different machines, getting all you guys to play our end product is a bonus, but being able to play with all the units we wanted in the map we wanted with a few close Em4 friends on MP has an always will be my main motivation for modding :)

x

So th CTD after 5 minutes has been resolved?

Well this is the thing, you say it as if it's some well known issue on every version, I've never experienced this issue, neither have any of the original beta team, so I can't know until release how it will play on your PC.

But in terms of performance the gameplay is far smoother, I've really made an effort to adjust the map to the playing stlyes of the community rather than my own, which was hard haha

The latest version released is still smooth, just people didn't bother to read our instructions on gameplay, the few people that did enjoy hours of gameplay with no issues with traffic or anything :)

I enjoyed it I just ignored the things that didn't work properly

Guest e34p

Ok brilliant. Fingers crossed it works for me this time

Where can I download the latest smooth running version?

Is there still a long download time?

I have to admit, after getting my new graphics card, I was finally able to play this mod. It is very cool so far, and I am very pleased. I could really care less about the bugged fire station...but there is a lot of traffic. Everytime I have a structure fire, the trucks take forever to get there, then the road gets backed up and the cars start catching on fire...but maybe next time I won't dispatch police lolol!

But I have a question:

Does anyone know how to beat the event where the helicopter crashes into the Central Park lake? I see a car and a victim count of "1" was on my screen, but how do you lift the car out of the water? The diver didn't do anything...

I have to admit, after getting my new graphics card, I was finally able to play this mod. It is very cool so far, and I am very pleased. I could really care less about the bugged fire station...but there is a lot of traffic. Everytime I have a structure fire, the trucks take forever to get there, then the road gets backed up and the cars start catching on fire...but maybe next time I won't dispatch police lolol!

But I have a question:

Does anyone know how to beat the event where the helicopter crashes into the Central Park lake? I see a car and a victim count of "1" was on my screen, but how do you lift the car out of the water? The diver didn't do anything...

LOL the incident was discussed before.. just leave it like that because its bugged out.. on the other hand we're making a new map and more units/models... heres the latest updates http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/16381-manhattan-mod-official-group-thread/page__pid__233715__st__40#entry233715