Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

SP and MP are almost identical,

The fifth alarm issue. Look, if you're balls deep in fire, coupla men down, you can call it up to a fifth, obviously we haven't made 20 engine and 16 ladders, what's the point, would fill the map.

Our fifth alarms (relative to tha game) are:

7 Engine

6 Ladders

That's more than enough to sort any situation out, and by the time they're dispatched the fire will be under control.

Well I guess technically no charged lines were inside the towers because they never got to the fire floors. The only person that made it to the fire floor in the towers was Battalion Chief Orio Palmer who made it there only minutes before the catastrophic failure that occurred in the South Tower.

Actually Ladder 15 and battalion 7 (Orio) Reached 78th floor and reported that they had several pockets of fire and that they was able to put them out with two lines. But that was less than 5 min before collapse :(

You gotta think about it. They have standpipe system in the stairwells and I am not sure if those stand pipes are already wet or if they were a dry stand pipe system meaning that there is no water already flowing through the system and if they needed to pump water up to that point it would take a lot of time to get water flowing up to the floors in the 70 or 80 story range.

might be possible that these systems (especially in larger buildings) are connected to the casual freshwater system.

it has to transport a huge volume of water with an acceptable pressure to the highesz floors too.

and in the case of a fire on upper floors the water could be exclusively be provided for fire fighting.

seriously... who would take a shower on 56th floor if floor 57 to 62 were on fire?

at least my two cents on that ^^

(null)

I am 99.9 % sure that it would have been a wet system. Even if it was dry the system would have already been set off. Because of the amount of time it would have taken them a lot of time.

Well the only reason I question it is because it is new york and it is possible for these systems to freeze due to the fact of the temperatures. It is possible that these systems worked off of different water systems through the building that had pumps that created pressures that are able to fight fire. I just know that for a pumper to pump water to the 70th floor would take a long ass time.

Well the only reason I question it is because it is new york and it is possible for these systems to freeze due to the fact of the temperatures. It is possible that these systems worked off of different water systems through the building that had pumps that created pressures that are able to fight fire. I just know that for a pumper to pump water to the 70th floor would take a long ass time.

The system wouldn't freeze because the building is heated so that's not an issue. And I am not positive but a pumper wouldn't be able to pump enough water at the right pressure all the way to the 70th floor without:

A - blowing out his pump

B - sucking the hydrant dry (I know this for a fact because I had to do it on a four storie building with two 1 3/4 hand lines going and connected into the building and I was struggling to keep it at the right pressure into the building and the right pressure to my hand lines without sucking it dry.)

You would have to relay pump to be able to do it. NFPA says/recommends that any building over two floors you should relay pump.

In 1969 there was a 19 alarm fire in brooklyn and in 2006 a 10 alarm. 9/11 was the largest and was estimated to have risen to up to 20 alarms. After all my research 9/11 was so huge they just quit counting. From battalion 1 transmitting 2nd and 3rd alarm assignments to the end up to 20 alarms that was deffinately the largest fire in fdny history along with the largest rescue operation.

I found vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENvqXEBjEM

I could've found that for you! HAha saw that twice. It was actually the first time I've ever seen FDNY Marine units doing anything in the aspect of firefighting!

FDNY personnel without turnout gear can now change into turnout gear same as FF can into SCUBA. So FF can chill around the firehouse then change into turnout gear when they have a call. :)

Engine s will be unlimited, but if you get a call that requires more than 1 of every unit I'll eat my hat.