Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

I love how the blame gets shuffled around, I strongly urge you to remove the links, do NOT support THAT version which you just released since let's be honest here, it never should have been in the first place.... Take the time, sort out all the clearly visible issues that you can, extensively have it tested by proper beta testers and then worry about releasing, people can wait or they can go whine somewhere else. Do it right, then worry about releasing.

I agree 100%

Suffering from amnesia? How is this a community project? Are you talking about the same community that whined about release dates, and updates every three seconds. Then complained about the release date, and started playing back seat moderator. The same one the constantly requires mods to babysit them to prevent them from spamming pointless information, or fighting overs who's right and who's not? Sure the community might have submitted the ideas but YOU and YOUR team did the work. We Most of us waited patiently until you reached a proper release date, and after some childish fighting from the community the mod was placed back on track. This mod is a presentation of the New York Sub Mod team, why sell yourself short. If you think it needs a few final touches take that week, or week and a half to make it right. I can GUARANTEE YOU people well complain regardless of what you do. So, you delay it, people complain blah blah. Once it's released with all the shiny new engines everyone will go "oh ah", *drool*, and be happy.

Compared to the flip side of people playing it for a week or so being content, and then back on the bandwagon of when are you going to release the other units. I've watched them do it to other mods. Think about the past LA Mod versions 1.8, 1.9, 2.0. I can remember countless people "asking when will it be released", and complaining about this and that. You don't see it on the forums because they were probably banned, and their post deleted, but it did happen. No different then now.I know I haven't "sugar coated" this in the best way, but I'm telling you that ya'll should wait and delay it until your good and ready to release it. It's all about your expectations, it's your work, and do yourself proud by adding that shiny new engine. A week or two isn't long.

C.F.D is right.

Besides the community is ignorant, I don't want to be mean but it's true. Half of the people (aside from the staff) actually know what goes into making a mod. The other half just assume it's click and play, or copy and paste. The community will always say release the mod, then when they see what they really got they'll complain because it's missing something. Even if you told them, people don't pay attention. And as far as anxious people go .. so? Make them wait some more, they've waited this long and nothings happened to them let them wait some more. That's a good thing = more people wanting to play the mod when it's released. Besides why put all that effort into a mod and then release it when you know it's not 100% done. I'd hold off for that short period of time and make it right. People don't like it oh well, everyone might complain now but in the end people are happy with the end result it's proven time and time again.

I knew this day would come, and I can't say I'm any less disappointed. It never ceases to amaze me how people lose the most rudimentary motor skills such as reading comprehension, and common sense. I'm surprised Mikey was so nice to you all. The last few pages were horrific. I can't believe people turn the blame, and aim it towards Dyson. Someone how took his own time to make this mod for this community, for free. But .. as usual people find a way to ruin it for everyone else. So, I'll quote Mikey since he did a better job then me :)Take the time, sort out all the clearly visible issues that you can, extensively have it tested by proper beta testers and then worry about releasing, people can wait or they can go whine somewhere else. Do it right, then worry about releasing

I love how the blame gets shuffled around, I strongly urge you to remove the links, do NOT support THAT version which you just released since let's be honest here, it never should have been in the first place.... Take the time, sort out all the clearly visible issues that you can, extensively have it tested by proper beta testers and then worry about releasing, people can wait or they can go whine somewhere else. Do it right, then worry about releasing.

I knew this day would come, and I can't say I'm any less disappointed. It never ceases to amaze me how people lose the most rudimentary motor skills such as reading comprehension, and common sense. I'm surprised Mikey was so nice to you all. The last few pages were horrific. I can't believe people turn the blame, and aim it towards Dyson. Someone how took his own time to make this mod for this community, for free. But .. as usual people find a way to ruin it for everyone else. So, I'll quote Mikey since he did a better job then me :)Take the time, sort out all the clearly visible issues that you can, extensively have it tested by proper beta testers and then worry about releasing, people can wait or they can go whine somewhere else. Do it right, then worry about releasing

Tbh, I have my own plan, I have been sticking to it, and I've been concentrating on skinning the brand new engines and making patch 2.1.1 rather than even bother joining in with all this bickering, the link is still staying up.

Do what you feel is right, look forward to seeing the end result.

Apparently I have to remove the link or something or the topic will get locked. So I ceebs for now, started modding another game, the submod is temporarily put on hold.

If this means the topic gets locked whatever, pretty fumed tbh.

Apparently you just lack the ability to read, what you were told was either remove the link so further damages are negated... Alternatively DO NOT support the version that is floating around, go ahead and threaten to not work on the mod anymore... You did it to yourself bud.

Apparently you just lack the ability to read, what you were told was either remove the link so further damages are negated... Alternatively DO NOT support the version that is floating around, go ahead and threaten to not work on the mod anymore... You did it to yourself bud.

No, my issue, 'bud', is that everyone seems to take a forum, about a game, all too seriously, I'm making a little project, but everyone has to get involved and tell me guidelines, that I am generating spam, even though this topic has had all together about 2 pages, when the NY mod has had about 50, I'm not argueing with a mod cos its not worth it cos you'll all gang up, but I've been: patient, polite etc. and I just cba with it anymore.

Good day

No, my issue, 'bud', is that everyone seems to take a forum, about a game, all too seriously, I'm making a little project, but everyone has to get involved and tell me guidelines, that I am generating spam, even though this topic has had all together about 2 pages, when the NY mod has had about 50, I'm not argueing with a mod cos its not worth it cos you'll all gang up, but I've been: patient, polite etc. and I just cba with it anymore.

Good day

heres your 2.1.1 patch

http://www.4shared.c...submod_211.html

don't spam these topics with i need help go to my site forum for any help www.nysubmod.webs.com (have to sign up)

I am still taking a break, but I will assist with any issues :)

Let me know if this helps some of your issues

@shadowzuiz its probably because its a .exe file, hm try just using the resources

You were given two weeks early warnings not to release the update because it could create a Sh*tstorm and now it has arrived. Thats like, you had a dude meet you and he said that hes from the future and wants to give you an advance warning to not update and you basically shot it down.

Don't get frustrated over this, because to be honest, Obama goes through this x34938249038489204834902348394938403. Just relax, reconcile with your plans and fix it. Don't expose yourself if you are going through a bad time -- An Artist always never shows his emotion, he brings that emotion to life by making it.

Bugs I found with the patch:

-Can't buy police cars

-When ems patrols the city the car get caught at the construction near the top of the map.

-EMT's w/ stretch can not pick people up.

-When I tell firefighters to hook up to the truck, they exit the truck, grab their hose and seem to run to the nearest fire station.

If anyone could confirm these bugs it would be nice.

Bugs I found with the patch:

-Can't buy police cars

-When ems patrols the city the car get caught at the construction near the top of the map.

-EMT's w/ stretch can not pick people up.

-When I tell firefighters to hook up to the truck, they exit the truck, grab their hose and seem to run to the nearest fire station.

If anyone could confirm these bugs it would be nice.

Same problem here...

I don't see why everyone is losing their shirts over this. Dyson is doing this for free on his own time. He is also trying to give us something that this community has been dying for, and that is a taste of NY. I could understand the complaints if anyone here actually paid money for this submod, but since nobody has actually lost anything, I can't see how anyone can complain.

What needs to happen is that the community needs to come together and pitch in and make this project work. If I had any skills at all, I would be working on this project. I personally would be greatful for FDNY, NYPD and NYEMS units and clothing replacing what the LA Mod has, until the NY Mod comes out. If that is too tall of an order, then just replace the units that spawn in the firehouses. I would be very happy with that.

Look, in the long run, we all want a good, realistic NY mod. But since that is being developed, and is going to be a while, why not share some units and technical advice? If you have a FDNY Hazmat unit, Tower ladder, or Marauder II engine, how about working with Dyson? If you know how to script the units in the station, how about working with him so that he can get his project out correctly? I count 5 different groups doing a NY theme. (NY Mod, QRA, NY 911 Mod, NY Submod, and Advanced gameplay mod.) Surely someone out there can share some vehicles, clothing, and other things with Dyson so that he can get us a working version of his submod. I'm sure that the favor would be repaid down the road, either with vehicles, expertise or otherwise. The fire/rescue community is a brotherhood. We take up for each other. This community could emulate that by helping Dyson out rather than waiting for him to fail.

Dyson, I also would like to thank you for all the work you have done putting this mod together. I have never actually made a mod but I have tried and Failed horrible. I have been waiting for this since about the start and now because there bugs people wanna bitch because they rushed it. So once again THANK YOU

Three bugs I found just now... Paramedic stretcher team glitches when picking up bodies (just cant do it), Paramedic engine's occupants run away when asked to "rapid deploy", and game crashes when ever I send a full PD car to the station to unload occupants (when It pulls up, it seems to open the door, but instead, it crashes)

PS: Auto installer gives me an error message. No big deal, I just manual install. Just thought you should know.

my engine and bat. chief wont work, the ladder missing wheel, ESU missing wheel, the patrol routes for all cars end up in the construction site if you make units patrol at the upper part of the map, stretcher party glitches and keeps picking nothing up and gets stuck, and as em4life said the bad guys run off and start shooting me when i try to let em off