Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

very cool, but minor technical note here =]

New York Army National Guard units don't wear the 10th Mountain Division patch. A lot of NG units train at Fort Drum, which is where 10 MTN is based out of, but we're about 8hrs away from New York City. NG units from New York wear this unit patch: http://stores.unifor...ewyorksmall.jpg

Also the US flag is reversed on military uniforms. Its also against regulations to have your sleeves rolled up in that uniform :P

this is all splitting hairs on the details though I guess- overall this mod is looking absolutely awesome!

haha yeah I thought so, what happened was... there was like no pictures of them in action at all, I saw one with a patch and thought hmm is that right, but it was the only one, I was hoping someone would notice and tell me the correct one :)

As for the mission, it all works, it replaces the LA hazmat mission, and uses the same scripts. The pipe exposed is useable to shut off, so the smoke will stop, then you have to extinguish the fire (the pipe) and then treat the injured at the scene, straight forward 5 mins job to make :)

More to come ;)

like this

I have a suggestion for this mission. Is like when you use the fire plane and you throw the water over the firefighters, they can hurt. Is the same with the water in the mission, if they are exposed near the water too time they can hurt so the water flow has to be closed quickly. And to close the pipe the enginer have to go to a panel, somewhere in the city, and close the water supply.

I have a suggestion for this mission. Is like when you use the fire plane and you throw the water over the firefighters, they can hurt. Is the same with the water in the mission, if they are exposed near the water too time they can hurt so the water flow has to be closed quickly. And to close the pipe the enginer have to go to a panel, somewhere in the city, and close the water supply.

Well..

instead i decided to go for the aftermath approach, just taking care of injured people and stopping the water, but yeah nice idea :D

Thanks for answering my question. I feel better now. Can't wait and thanks C.F.D. for your motivating speech to everyone about the modexcuse me, submod. (It seems so much like a mod now). I loved it.

Guest djbacon93

Oh. NY MOD is never gonna release. quit it.

if you want to be successful, you need to serve an appetizer to hold people over if the main course is taking too long.

As Dyson did.. which made me very happy, and kept others interested.

I think Dyson CAN turn this into a full blown mod.

Not greater then winterberg (unless THIS mod never crashes :P and takes less then 10 minutes to load)

Haha can you promise that Dyson!? :D

if you want to be successful, you need to serve an appetizer to hold people over if the main course is taking too long.

Not greater then winterberg (unless THIS mod never crashes :P and takes less then 10 minutes to load)

ohh it will release you have to give it time and im sure if dyson wanted to he could make this into a full blown mod easily

From what I've seen and heard, that mod's 80%-90% finished. Just calm down and wait.

They say that since january ...

Well, all I know is that all models are done, most skins are done, map's close, and all scrpts finished.

But remember, this isn't the NY Mod, this is the NY Submod, so lets talk about that instead.

Well, all I know is that all models are done, most skins are done, map's close, and all scrpts finished.

But remember, this isn't the NY Mod, this is the NY Submod, so lets talk about that instead.

yes lets get back to topic and if you guys care to watch im putting a youtube video up on my progress for the lights of the battalion chief im currently uploading and waiting for permission for it to be shown

currently working on mission videos and brainstorming ideas for missions

Well a mission where the emergency units are already on the scene but that they need back up like police to organizing the traffic and hold people on a distance or you send more units because the fire is out of control?

Or you recevied a 911 call that a biker falt of his bike and that you need to treat him but when the ambulance/fire department arrived that the croud crowd will turns again the ambulance and ambulance crew, and that you need to send police to assist the paramedics and fire fighters on the scene

or something like that

But this are just ideas ;)

I love playing mods that are advanced (etc. winterberg,) But I also get sick of all the advanced stuff so I will play mods down to the basics, but I still have NY units. So people will play both.

What is that?

Is that from the mod your working on?

If it is WOW. No wonder you have been holding off. Your mod has taken on a life of its owne.

Good work guys. Love the previews.

I have 2 avenues I can go down with the missions:

1-All realistic actually happened events

2-Real events then slowly leading into fictional disastrous missions

what do we think?

Off topic (sortof) griffy my msn has died, could you email me later man? Its to late at night now but give it like 12 hours from this post, need to discuss the work we were doing ;)

I have 2 avenues I can go down with the missions:

1-All realistic actually happened events

2-Real events then slowly leading into fictional disastrous missions

what do we think?

How about option 2 but with a twist, if you respond well to the event it follows track 1, closer to the actual outcome, but the more time you take to respond to the incident, the more towards disastrous it goes.

Ex. If you were to put a plane crash in the river as a mission, if you are able to respond quickly and get everyone off the plane and out of the water, you have no casualities, you just have to rescue them, but the longer it takes the more casualities and fatalities you have, and if you dont rescue all victims before a certain time the plane would sink, causing more casualities and rescues from the plane.

How about option 2 but with a twist, if you respond well to the event it follows track 1, closer to the actual outcome, but the more time you take to respond to the incident, the more towards disastrous it goes.

hmm that could be tricky though haha :P

Could this unit be added to the submod? ASPCA officers in NYC have full police powers. Would be cool to utilize for those rabies calls.

http://public.fotki.com/copcardotcom/photographs_of_dave/vehicle_photos_by_state/new_york/nyaspca02.html#media

Err. That's still kinda pointless, I mean those calls are sorta rare anyway. Besides you end up killing it anyway, and officer can do that :)

Or at least that's what I do ...

Guest djbacon93

Err. That's still kinda pointless, I mean those calls are sorta rare anyway. Besides you end up killing it anyway, and officer can do that :)

Or at least that's what I do ...

maybe the ASPCA vehicle/police can have more options just for animals? =p. instead of having to kill it you can muzzle it, or lure it.. who knows.

And as for the frequency of it happending. that can easily be edited.