fire rescue service

LAPD foot patrol

If some one wants to do the foot paths on the map and release it as a submod, after getting Hoppahs permission of course, here is a script you can use. Just be sure to name the paths patrolfootpath01, patrolfootpath02, and patrolfootpath03.

For the person who wants to do the project, once you have permission, and test the script in game, feel free to pm me if it needs to be tweaked or has any errors. This only applies to the person who has permission!

LAFootPatrol.zip

Guest krst6954

If some one wants to do the foot paths on the map and release it as a submod, after getting Hoppahs permission of course, here is a script you can use. Just be sure to name the paths patrolfootpath01, patrolfootpath02, and patrolfootpath01.

For the person who wants to do the project, once you have permission, and test the script in game, feel free to pm me if it needs to be tweaked or has any errors. This only applies to the person who has permission!

would be great addition

Xplorer4x4, wouldn't it be patrolfootpath01, patrolfootpath02, and patrolfootpath03? Don't want someone to work on it and mix it up and be frustrated by a simple thing.

Opps, your right. I copied it out of the script and was changing just then umber so i wouldnt get it wrong and still did :P

Too late... i mix up already... I was testing for my own comsumption... :smoke::mug: It didnt work for me...

Did you add the actual paths to the map? This is just a script, you still have to assign the command to officer, and make the paths on the map.

Yes i do... Maybe i have made something wrong... Will continue testing... :machkaputt:

Nop... I have added the path and the command but it still didnt work... Theres no option on the LAPD units on the game to make them walk the 3 paths given to patrol... I am making something wrong perhaps...

You did add the command to officers right? It will show up as the patrol icon. I think I actually do need to fix the script though. Noticed some thing earlier when looking at it.

Yes because i was looking into it and found comands for the vehicles, not for persons...

pcmd and vcmd are simply letters for organization and have no real effect on the game/commands. Try this one:

Added to scripts folder and checking...... Another question... Do i have to name the paths on a special way or its the normal "patrolfootpath01-02-03"

Added to scripts folder and checking...... Another question... Do i have to name the paths on a special way or its the normal "patrolfootpath01-02-03"

Just make sure the paths are set to looped, and named properly. If you get script errors let me know what the error is and then hit ignore, and let me know what it says the second time, including the line number. The info should hsow up in the logfile to though.

Just make sure the paths are set to looped, and named properly. If you get script errors let me know what the error is and then hit ignore, and let me know what it says the second time, including the line number. The info should hsow up in the logfile to though.

The script "runs" as it made the LAPD and LASD move over the map... I have to fix the paths i have made. Other thing... I order the units to patrol; but when i order them to capture a suspect they continue with the same speed of patrol... The other thing is that i cant order them to stop, they continue with the patrol command over and over...

Open the script, i suggest notepad2

At the very end of the script you will see

if(StrCompare(p.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Persons/03 LA Police/lapd_officer_f.e4p") == 0)
{
p.SetSpeed(1.4f);
} else
{
p.SetSpeed(1.4f);
System::Log("Vehicle on patrol not identified!");
}

Now play with these numbers(the 1.4f numbers) till you find something that seems reasonable. I would try something in the range of 3.5f to 5.0f. See what seems reasonable.

Open the script, i suggest notepad2

At the very end of the script you will see

if(StrCompare(p.GetPrototypeFileName(), "mod:Prototypes/Persons/03 LA Police/lapd_officer_f.e4p") == 0)
{
p.SetSpeed(1.4f);
} else
{
p.SetSpeed(1.4f);
System::Log("Vehicle on patrol not identified!");
}

Now play with these numbers(the 1.4f numbers) till you find something that seems reasonable. I would try something in the range of 3.5f to 5.0f. See what seems reasonable.

Ok... Done... I think (on the little i know about programming) that it is for speed... But, the part that the unit-officer didnt stop his patrol by command or by sending him to another place with the mouse.????

Not quite sure if I understand you right but if your asking if that will affect the speed when you tell an officer to move somewhere else, that's correct. If you want to adjust the speed when on patrol look further up in the script and you will see some places where it says 1.4f about three or four time that will control the speed when patroling. If the officers still do not move faster when you order them to run somewhere, let me know. I think I forgot to adjust the dummy command for the script.

Not quite sure if I understand you right but if your asking if that will affect the speed when you tell an officer to move somewhere else, that's correct. If you want to adjust the speed when on patrol look further up in the script and you will see some places where it says 1.4f about three or four time that will control the speed when patroling. If the officers still do not move faster when you order them to run somewhere, let me know. I think I forgot to adjust the dummy command for the script.

Nooooooo... That part is solved for me (thanks a lot)... But my other problem is that when i send them to patrol, and i try to stop them by sending them for example to the other corner of the street... they continue on patrol mod (or maybe they do not run as the usual speed but continues on patrol speed). I will adjust the things u have told me and will continue informing you about updates.

Thanks

HI I was viewing this topic and tried to test this for my personal use.

I only have 2 problems:

1. At the moment the Officer performs the foot patrol by running around in the looped path I created.
is there a way I can change the running to walking (.. I tried changing spped but that was only slowing the run not bringing it to walk :/ ).

2. When I send an officer to perform foot patrol.. if I click to send him in another location, he goes but once that location is reached he stays in running (looped animation). on the same spot.

any help will be greatly appreciated ;)