Stan

Maintenance and error

Hello,

We have two announcements to make today. Let's begin with the bad one.\

While doing maintenance, a software bug resulted in the loss of all members. I was able to recover all registrations done till 14-03-2010. In addition to this, some users might have lost signature, profile info or avatars.

Now tot he better part,

We upgraded the forum to the latest version, we will be doing regular maintenance in the coming weeks. In addition, we are now doing database backups each day at midnight. Those backups will be kept 7 days

Regards,

Stan

Guest oscar

Yeah thanks! I just loose my avatar and my sugnature changed to my old :P its like the forum vent back in time :D

I'm oscar creator the barcelona city mod ,lost my mail account, username or password does not accept that he had, now and had to open new account and want to access the old order to continue with the barcelona city mod post and retrieve messages

if you want want people to pm you just turn it off then

How many times do I have to explain this? I dont want my PM Box turned off or I would have.

I lost almost all my PMs. The only ones I have now are from 2008.

xplorer, do you have our long PMs?

Nope, but I think everything had been covered up to that point. If you get email notifications, check your emails for a log of the chat.

Yeah, managed to get back everything except my Photo. Same message.

Also, lost the most recent PMs (I was afraid of that) and all of the other ones say they're from a deleted member and are all deleted (the messages have the red X that says that), but I can still view them.

EDIT: WTF my post count went down 1200 posts... I haven't posted that much since March. And other people like Xplorer have the same amount. DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah thanks! I just loose my avatar and my sugnature changed to my old :P its like the forum vent back in time :D

Theoretically all is from 14-03-20010 besides the topics and posts

I'm oscar creator the barcelona city mod ,lost my mail account, username or password does not accept that he had, now and had to open new account and want to access the old order to continue with the barcelona city mod post and retrieve messages

What do you want? Be clear please. As far I understand you want to be author of your topic again?

oh great It says the Dublin mod was uploaded by guest oh great :machkaputt:

...Did I say I am done? Last time this happened it took me two weeks to fix the database, so be patient

What about PMs?

Even if I could, the time that I would need to re-attribute all those PMs would be immense, besides that some newly registered members would wrongly get PM's that ain't for them and that's a too big privacy risk for me.

CANNOT_BLOCK_STARTER

I get this error when trying to block PMs.

Will look onto this as soon IPB fixed some issues in the ACP because atm I can do like nada

Yeah, managed to get back everything except my Photo. Same message.

Also, lost the most recent PMs (I was afraid of that) and all of the other ones say they're from a deleted member and are all deleted (the messages have the red X that says that), but I can still view them.

EDIT: WTF my post count went down 1200 posts... I haven't posted that much since March. And other people like Xplorer have the same amount. DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It recounted the posts, this means if allot of your posts where deleted your post count goes wooom. We all had to bring offers for it, it costed my night after all

The error with upload should be fixed

!!All text in bold is no more important for me or means that a certain reported bug is fixed

Who cares. Its post count. For all I care we could remove post count from the post info and it would make no difference to me.

Oh and Stan, have you tried disabling all hacks? I suspect the reminants of hacks are the reason things are screwed. Disable all plug ins/mods till there reinstalled.

Who cares. Its post count. For all I care we could remove post count from the post info and it would make no difference to me.

Oh and Stan, have you tried disabling all hacks? I suspect the reminants of hacks are the reason things are screwed. Disable all plug ins/mods till there reinstalled.

The problem is theres a modification that hung it self up while uninstalling due to missing write rights, the problem is not a modification or hack. it's only that mod hagging between installed and uninstaled.

Woooooooooooot it created a new account for me?

Frigging sick facebook

The problem is theres a modification that hung it self up while uninstalling due to missing write rights, the problem is not a modification or hack. it's only that mod hagging between installed and uninstaled.

Ohhh been there done, that, thats always a nasty biotch to clean up after. :P

Well, I lost my account! :wall: But It happens, I know first hand what happens, It happened to my forum that had about 1000 users when something like this happened, resulting in my forum failing. So Stan, Don't worry we're sticking beside you! :holdglass:

Oscar, you should have access to all your posts again.

If everyone registers with the name they had before I am able to re-attribute their posts.

Xplorer, what amount of posts would that be?