Stan

Maintenance and error

Xplorer, what amount of posts would that be?

Well I was going to let you decide that, thats why I put an X in there as in whatever number you felt appropriate. I think Gerard is on the right track, 50-100. If your wondering the reason I suggest it, it would help keep the "I cant do anything at all, but I want to start a mod" threads down in the mods section. Now granted they can post it in Modeling and Modeling help instead, but seems like a better place to but that kind of spam and try to keep the Mods forum strictly for discussing mods.

I think either 50 or 100

Way too high in my eyes and will enforce people to spam just to be able to post there

Blue velvet is unsupported! There's a reason why I reseted everyone to the standard skin.

Bug reports concerning the Blue Velvet skin will not be reviewed

Way too high in my eyes and will enforce people to spam just to be able to post there

Doesnt the use of ranks encourage people to spam as well? Just the other day I had some one refer to me as "a high ranking officer" as if being an Assistant Chief really meant anything.

A forum without ranks and post count is not a forum in my eyes :) And to be honest even removing the post count, the ranks will not get away spam posts and the bunch of "good" "want to see more" "looks cool" posts

A forum without ranks and post count is not a forum in my eyes :) And to be honest even removing the post count, the ranks will not get away spam posts and the bunch of "good" "want to see more" "looks cool" posts

Sure it's still a forum, just one where you dont have people competing to get a higher post count. Sure it wouldnt get rid of things like that, but it would still cut back on spam imo.

Why not add a thanks button?!

or activating the post + or - buttons in the bottom corner of each post. I would use them when all i want to say its "good job" but dont know if others will!

I think this was raised somewhere else about the + - buttons and was disabled because some kid wouldn't like someone so he would - all his posts. Or something like that.

Yep, eggcarton is right on. However, if its set up anything like the rep system vB uses, you can set up the system so you have to spread it around, like you can only + or - 1 post of mine, for example, and then you have to + or - say for example, 5 other people before you can + or - another one of my posts again, so that might be something for stan to consider/look in to.

I think the thanks buttons a good idea though.

• Upvote 1

The + - might be enabled in future. Theoretically, you rate the content of a post and if I am not mistaken that rate is taken for the search results.

What would be the purpose of a Thanks button?

The thanks button, would be to to thank the user for the post as it was informative, correct or interest. Or even for complements, instead of making a post just to say "good job".

But if its possible to get the + and - working, then that would work in the same way. i just suggested a thanks button as i didnt know if you planned to get the + or - working.