timmiej93

Patroling vehicles ignoring Traffic Lights.

Ok.

Lately i'm getting pretty annoyed by the pollice cars on patrol ignoring traffic lights. They cause a lot of traffic jams, which just uhm... Sucks.

I'll need to have a look into the scripts for patroling and for the traffic lights (if there is one).

Every bit of help, even suggestions would be helpfull.

Tim

I believe the traffic lights are scripted directly in to the game files, in other words there are no scripts. LAPatrol is the patrol command script. And its not that Hoppah wont fix it, he just does know how at the time. The winterburg mod accomplished this some how but there scripts are more complex.

Guest krst6954

... the vehicals that patrol in my game stop for traffic lights...

In Los Angeles Mod? Because my patrols vehicles didn't stoped too as was said.

ok

Do you have te winterberg mod at the moment??

If you do have it could you please send me that script??

i'll have a look into it then :D

Do you speak german? Because that will help you.

You can get the mod there, but you need to look for a post by TheParanoid, i think, that explains how to install it.

Anyways feel free to PM me on this and maybe we can work together and try to figure it out. I tried to figure it out myself but failed. If memory serves me right the main command is in one script and then links to commands from another and its in german to an extent which makes it hard to understand.

Do you speak german? Because that will help you.

You can get the mod there, but you need to look for a post by TheParanoid, i think, that explains how to install it.

Anyways feel free to PM me on this and maybe we can work together and try to figure it out. I tried to figure it out myself but failed. If memory serves me right the main command is in one script and then links to commands from another and its in german to an extent which makes it hard to understand.

Yeah i do actually speak a little german, so i'll have a look.

Btw are you sure the link is correct?? I get a topic about the winterberg mod where they translate german into english :s

Haha yes, as a matter of fact they stop at green lights and move on red. Think I figured out why though.

You actually figured it out in the LA Mod 2.02??

If so, PLEASE post the fix here or somewhere :D

Haha yes, as a matter of fact they stop at green lights and move on red. Think I figured out why though.

Again: If you did actually figured this out, please let us know so that we can use this in our games, PLEASE.

Edit:

I do have the winterberg mod working now (Don't understand a crap of it cuz i'm used to the LA mod).

So i looked through the scripts, but i can't find a patrol like script anywhere.

No patrol, no patroulieren.... Nothing like that.

Does anyone know which script i do need?

I dont have the mod installed anymore, but try to see what commands the police cars have, but its not quite that easy. I use a program called Search And Replace to help me with scripting. It allows you to(obviously) search all files in a directory and replace text with in multiple files at once. I had to put the name of the patrol command in to the search box, and leave the replace box empty, to find the 2 scripts. One script references a command from another script(and i think most of there scripts are like this which is why they accomplish the things they do).

However I have a different approach..

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/306/em4deluxe20100716073926.jpg

If you look at the right side you see Light 0 NH,Light 1 NH,and Light 2 NH. I am guessing the game is programed to tell civilian cars to stop outside of the traffic vo when the light turns to Light 0 NH, or Light 2 NH, so by adding this to the patrol script, maybe we can make patrol cars realize the light is red. I am going to work on it but if you make nay progress with this, let me know. Feel free to PM me if you want to brain storm on this.

Hmm, you really have a point there with your Light 1 NH etc.

I assume Light 2 NH means red light , 1 is yellow (orange, whatever you like) and 0 is green??

Btw there isn't a script for the civil cars following the paths ingame is there?? I thought this is also is programmed into the game, but i'm not sure.

I'll try to work on this too, whenever i have a moment for myself :P

Guest krst6954

I dont have the mod installed anymore, but try to see what commands the police cars have, but its not quite that easy. I use a program called Search And Replace to help me with scripting. It allows you to(obviously) search all files in a directory and replace text with in multiple files at once. I had to put the name of the patrol command in to the search box, and leave the replace box empty, to find the 2 scripts. One script references a command from another script(and i think most of there scripts are like this which is why they accomplish the things they do).

However I have a different approach..

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/306/em4deluxe20100716073926.jpg

If you look at the right side you see Light 0 NH,Light 1 NH,and Light 2 NH. I am guessing the game is programed to tell civilian cars to stop outside of the traffic vo when the light turns to Light 0 NH, or Light 2 NH, so by adding this to the patrol script, maybe we can make patrol cars realize the light is red. I am going to work on it but if you make nay progress with this, let me know. Feel free to PM me if you want to brain storm on this.

It would be nice If you or somebody else makes that, no more traffic jams because of lapd. Good luck!

Guest Francis

Can't be done because you can't check what is the lit up light on a traffic light with scripts if you don't call them by their name and use a command, because looping statements are command scripts which makes the game lag even more. Also, to make the police cars stop at red lights, they'd need to be marked as civilian vehicles which would make them impossible to control afterwards. Sorry to be so mean but that's why Hoppah can't fix it either.

Can't be done because you can't check what is the lit up light on a traffic light with scripts if you don't call them by their name and use a command, because looping statements are command scripts which makes the game lag even more. Also, to make the police cars stop at red lights, they'd need to be marked as civilian vehicles which would make them impossible to control afterwards. Sorry to be so mean but that's why Hoppah can't fix it either.

Nice...

But we'll still try. maybe we'll find another way to do this.

@Xplorer

I noticed that the freeplay map of the winterberg mod doesn't have traffic lights. (as far as i could see)

are you sure there are traficlights there?

I assume Light 2 NH means red light , 1 is yellow (orange, whatever you like) and 0 is green??

Btw there isn't a script for the civil cars following the paths ingame is there?? I thought this is also is programmed into the game, but i'm not sure.

Not sure, but I would guess Light 1 is yellow, and then 2 or 0 is going to be red.

No script for civil cars. It is hard coded into the game. Now if we had a way to reverse engineer the files like the warez groups do to make cracks for games, then we could see the actual script.

because looping statements are command scripts which makes the game lag even more.

Could you elaborate?

Nice...

But we'll still try. maybe we'll find another way to do this.

@Xplorer

I noticed that the freeplay map of the winterberg mod doesn't have traffic lights. (as far as i could see)

are you sure there are traficlights there?

I am not sure. I havent played winterberg in ages as I never could figure it out even with English translation.

I am not sure. I havent played winterberg in ages as I never could figure it out even with English translation.

No i can't figure it out either, even with my german skills. I actually think it looks more like a Beta then the 7th release or something.

Now if we had a way to reverse engineer the files like the warez groups do to make cracks for games, then we could see the actual script.

Warez groups??

Never heard of those...

But you don't know anyone with experience on that topic??

I mean you could always look on the internet, but i doubt if you can find it there.

Yeah could you please clarify that piece?? I mean, when i play the game only lags when i select more than 10 vehicles, and even than it only lags for a sec...

Warez groups??

Never heard of those...

But you don't know anyone with experience on that topic??

I mean you could always look on the internet, but i doubt if you can find it there.

Warez groups like the ones that crack drm and cd protection to where theres no longer DRM. Some game makers put DRM in to games now where you are forced to have an internet connection to play a game even if you do not want to do multiplayer or something like that. They also do it to where you do not need a cd/dvd in your drive to play the game. Warez groups remove such protection by basically breaking the exe file down and removing the code. This used be done with a hex editor but i am sure things have evolved way beyond that these days.

No I dont think I know any one personally that does this, and these groups are usually require you to find them. They dont just supply an email to reach them if there a real group.

But anyways its probably best to stay clear of this further before a mod throws a lock on this.

It sounds like we could put an if statement in the patrol script but it would require the name of every single traffic light and/or traffic vo which I would think would make the game lag as that alot for it to be checking on a continuous basis.

But anyways its probably best to stay clear of this further before a mod throws a lock on this.

Good point. :D

It sounds like we could put an if statement in the patrol script but it would require the name of every single traffic light and/or traffic vo which I would think would make the game lag as that alot for it to be checking on a continuous basis.

Yeah that would probably beat the game up.

I also don't know if this only occurs on cop cars (probably doesn't)

I almost never have a ambulance on patrol so i don't know about that.

Guest krst6954

"I also don't know if this only occurs on cop cars (probably doesn't)

I almost never have a ambulance on patrol so i don't know about that."

None of all emergency vehicles didn't stops on traffic lights

The ambulances are the same way. They use a different command, but the code for it is basically the same thing as the police patrol. Only real difference besides one less patrol path, I believe, is that it has a check in it to follow a certain patrol path when leaving the hospital or else it would get stuck.

corazon_siete.script has two patrol commands, Fahre_Patrouille and Patrouille_frei, which looks like it means, more or less, freely patrol and patrol freely respectively

The odd thing is Patrouille_frei just seems execute Fahre_Patrouille. However Fahre_Patrouille is set to execute a few commands like mannschaft_rufen,fzfrei,nachbar_holen and a few others. Now I could go through and find these commands in other scripts but it is a real pita.