fdnyportu

New York 911 Modification : [Work in Progress]

EMS Ambulance have very ugly texture

otherwise good!

it isn't very ugly , it does not look great but only the skin, i think maybe they can reskinn the ambulance . it is stil a good job and you spent lot of time on it ;)

Crappy models

Crappy textures

Crappy mod

Please don't post on this topic ever again. Thanks.

Thank you for being so constructive. I can't wait to admire and comment on your own work.

+1 warn.

Thanks Voodoo Operator. Appreciate what you've done =)

What are you think about our mod?

Hy

What do you think about our mod?

Thanks

The textures just need to be edited FDNY. Other wise were all good.

Other wise FDNY were doing all right.

Edited by Steve Winters

Crappy models

Crappy textures

Crappy mod

Of course this is not a nice way to state any critics, but honestly guys, how shall they improve their work, if everyone's saying "great work!" "awesome" "looks great!" if it is not? I really do not want to bash anyone, but most of the models just aren't "awesome". Let's take a look at your ambulance:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=4990

and now take a look at the real ones:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2172/1539185846_f93a405db0.jpg

1. The proportions do not fit. The driver's cab is way too long

2. The virtual model is way too "curved"

3. The headlights are way too big, they go all the way down...

Concerning the other models:

-The station's skin is just one brown shade, the gates are copied from a real photo. That does not work, it's hard to mix hand-painted skin with photorealistic ones, but do not paint the whole building brown, and put a very tiny part of photos on it.

-Most of your unit's skins are mirror-inverted

-The models are too "boxy", they need some details :)

I do not expect perfect work, it's just a matter of training, but give them a chance to improve! If you always say "whoa, perfect!" they'll never improve, 'cause they think there's no need for it. Tell them what's wrong, what could be improved, constructive critic is the best thing you can get as a modder!

There is such a thing as constructive critisism, but just saying I don't like it or it looks like crap does not help the modder improve their models at all. Hence the warning for his conduct for his inability to be respectful in critisizing their work.

Please don't post on this topic ever again. Thanks.

Well unfortunately you can't really control and/or decide that.. :/

And I agree completely with Tim. I have the same oppinion that it's always good to get positive comments, but I am sure that one or more is a complete lie as there is a lot that can improve.

For me not to get a warning, i'll say:

They look made in sketchup, and if that is the case you can round out the corners a bit, it will help a lot.

Everything on the models in-game is judged by a good skin (of course if there is a decent model), and therefore you should put 100% effort as I know you guys can do way better than those squares..

I'll say good luck.

*Sighs, can we move back onto the topic of this modification please? If anyone has any comments about THIS mod feel free to post them be whatever they may, but just move along from the other guy's comments and worry about this mod in this topic.