Kookas

West Midlands Mod (In Progress)

West Mids Poll  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Manual or Automated commands?

• Manual
    • Automated

Today, I saw a Volvo XC70 RRV of the WMAS responding to a call (I saw an ambulance on blues as well when I was alot further down the road, don't know if it was going to the same call). It had a Whelen Freedom on it instead of what I have now, so I'm going to give my XC70 that instead (for now, atleast), because it's bigger and easier to add polygon lights to :) So I will be able to have nice-looking lights after all. Also, I noticed that the blue lights either side of the rear numberplate are present on all WMAS vehicles and are always on (no flashing at all) when the other blue lights are on.

Also found a nice gallery:

http://staffs999.fotopic.net/c1402442.html

Unfortunately, as usual, the Honda CR-Vs have an Arjent LED lightbar... all the ones I see around here have all-LED Premier Hazard LoMaxes.

Also, it looks like our normal ambulances have hacked-up Whelen Freedoms all over them (just because of the size of each LED block looks like the same sort of size as a Whelen Freedom LED block, guess LEDs are LEDs, or maybe they do get the lights from Whelen).

I noticed that the blue lights either side of the rear numberplate are present on all WMAS vehicles and are always on (no flashing at all) when the other blue lights are on.

This is for when taken by a speed camera on the way so a shout, to ensure that a couple of blue lights are caught on the camera to prove they were on the way to a job. This also is backed up by a copy of the log from ambo control etc...

i am doing a uniformed public services course in college and found this in one of the course books if its any help i can get more but you will have to wait till next week

Thanks.

movan001.jpg

Ambulance work. Unfortunately the blue-prints are actually for the Renault Master, which has a different grille, but I should manage to make it have a Movano grille :)

Thanks.

movan001.jpg

Ambulance work. Unfortunately the blue-prints are actually for the Renault Master, which has a different grille, but I should manage to make it have a Movano grille :)

Good start

i was havign a game of cricket in halesowen today, and the WM Air Ambulance flew over VERY VERY LOW, it circled for a bit and i think it landed on or near the Halesowen College field, for a second it came so low over the game i thought it was going to land on the cricket square

Guest Lilfirefighterbailey

Hey guys! Doin great on the mod!. Am very excited for the release :D.

Kind Regards

Lilfirefighterbailey

i was havign a game of cricket in halesowen today, and the WM Air Ambulance flew over VERY VERY LOW, it circled for a bit and i think it landed on or near the Halesowen College field, for a second it came so low over the game i thought it was going to land on the cricket square

http://www.wmas.nhs.uk/news/news_archive/may_2010/house_fire.aspx

I know you might not belive me on this but the WMAS do have Sprinter Ambulances, mainly used by Paramedics, i know this because when my mom had cancer and went unresponsive once (5 years after first having cancer) we had to call medics and a Sprinter turned up, with the WMAS markings, not sure if you want to include a sprinter. Also when my Grandad had his 2nd major stroke this ambulance turned up, again with WMAS markings:

EDIT: LOL, just noticed look on the corner of 1st image below, isnt that the WMAS Badge?

ambulance_393045a.jpg

modern_uk_ambulance_frontal.jpg

You may also want to include this

Also about that house fire and the Air Ambulance, i know i heard from a friend who goes to the college nearby, but thanks anyway

I think I might have seen one of those ambulances responding before. I could tell it was a box ambulance (unusual for the West Midlands), but didn't see many other details besides that.

Heya - mod's looking very good! Very excited for the release :) As a suggestion: you might want to consider having hazmat police officers and paramedics as well as fire? Probably going to do this in my own mod because it is a continual annoyance (and not particularly realistic) that patients have to be decontaminated before they can be stabilised? Personally just going to use the fire hazmat model for all 3 services (fire green, ambulance orange and police blue/black). Anyway, keep up the great work.

Guest Dale'Jezza'Jeremy

I'm from the west Midlands!

Good start and good luck! :12:

wicked :D and me, wow, and just thinking i used to live in billesley, like 5mins away from kings heath, cant wait for this mod, :D should be good as i would already kno my way around west midlands lol, and btw, the vauxhall vectra sri would be a gr8 vehicle for the police in EM4,

Cant wait :wall::gut::12::mukkies:

It is possible that this mod will not continue past EM2012's release, unfortunately, although I will continue to model things behind the scenes.

Of course, this depends on the quality of the new game (hopefully, Emergency 2012 will include everything currently featured in Emergency 4, plus more, otherwise it doesn't have my purchase and the mod will continue on EM4).

i would like you to carry on with EM4 becuase EM2012 will be too good to work on my comp and West mids mod is local so i would like to see it for EM4, and i was just coming back from holiday and i saw the HART 4x4, 2 Chem operations vehicles and a person trasport veh going down the motorway on emergency

I noticed you are planning to include a Honda Motorbike, are you also planning on including the other motorbike that WMAS use? I think it is a Yamaha FJR1300 and you can see it in the video on this video.

Have you been watching 'Emergency Bikers'? I know I have, it's on every Wednesday at 20:00 on Channel Five.

Back on topic: Mod's still looking awesome and I can't wait to play it, keep up the good work.

The OC-D

Have you been watching 'Emergency Bikers'? I know I have, it's on every Wednesday at 20:00 on Channel Five.

Back on topic: Mod's still looking awesome and I can't wait to play it, keep up the good work.

The OC-D

Yes I have been watching 'Emergency Bikers' :)

Keep up the fantastic work, and good luck with the rest of the mod.