topfuzz

criminal symbol

I kind of doubt it, I find it hard enough, because as soon as I get my units over to where the criminal is originally at, the criminal is already 3 blocks away...

Oh? I thought it was the lightning bolt. If so, then something kept the symbol from being removed :P

Guest [SAP]Francis
Let's clarify here. Are we talking about the icon on the minimap (yellow lighting bolt) or the icon that appears above the criminal (chalk outline)?

The chalk outline has been removed from the mod.

@Hoppah: How would I put it back?

Let's clarify here. Are we talking about the icon on the minimap (yellow lighting bolt) or the icon that appears above the criminal (chalk outline)?

The chalk outline has been removed from the mod.

The one over the criminal has been removed im talking about the one on the map

I kind of doubt it, I find it hard enough, because as soon as I get my units over to where the criminal is originally at, the criminal is already 3 blocks away...

well in the real world police dont have a huge sign telling them who or where the criminal is it kinda takes the point out of it

@Hoppah: How would I put it back?

Delete the following file from the mod: escape_person.dds in ...\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Textures\

The icon on the minimap was never removed. The icon above the heads of person (similar to the icon of the contaminated persons) was made invisible in one of the first versions of the Los Angeles mod for EM4/911:FR.

edit:

In case you want to remove the icon from the minimap you need to change something in the Data folder:

1. Go to the following folder:

...\Data\UI\Game\radar\

2. Make a backup of e3gui_radar_map_fleeing_nos3tc.tga before opening it with Photoshop

3. Select the alpha channel and make it completely black

4. Save

5. This change will make the gangster icon on the minimap invisible.

You can't copy do (copying this file to a mod) the same thing for the LA Mod because interface stuff like this do not work for mods for a certain reason. That's why you need to do this in the Data folder and make a backup first. This change will affect all mods.

Hoppah

Guest [SAP]Francis
Delete the following file from the mod: escape_person.dds in ...\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Textures\

The icon on the minimap was never removed. The icon above the heads of person (similar to the icon of the contaminated persons) was made invisible in one of the first versions of the Los Angeles mod for EM4/911:FR.

Thanks. :)

Francis' date='11 February 2010 - 03:34 AM' timestamp='1265859282' post='141988']

Thanks. :)

I think it would be very cool if the criminal symbol only appeared at the point where the criminal was reported and stayed still.

Guest Black_Rider91

It would be more realistic if you make the criminal symbol invisible and ask the nearby people/witnesses about the suspect or criminal :police:

Anyway, I'm installing photoshop cs3 to use alpha channel tool and make the criminal icon invisible, thanks Hoppah!

Guest Black_Rider91

In the L.A. Mod 1.9 and 2.0, I don't have the icon above the criminal, it's only on the minimap.

Norm,

Yes, hoppah remove it..I made it invisible on minimap to make the game more realistic and difficult to find the criminal. :police:

(!) Make a backup before replace the default .tga with the invisible I have made:

Question: If you remove the symbol how in the hell do you ever expect to catch the thief?

Well they're usually the only person actually moving their lazy ass and running. Or if they have a gun, they should be the only non-police person with a gun (I guess it depends on the part of LA you're in lol).

For cars it's the only one running over people and sticking a 5 foot long rifle out the window and shooting at the 30 cars queued up behind the light they're stuck at (yes, they especially get mad at the traffic in LA).