frankie1988

SWAT Units - worldwide -

an old video of unit

Lučko Anti-Terrorist Unit (Croatian: Antiteroristička jedinica Lučko, ATJ Lučko) is an elite Anti-Terrorist Unit of the Croatian Police stationed in Lučko near Zagreb, the capital of Croatia. Like all police units in the country, it is under command of the Ministry of the Interior.

The unit was established on September 7, 1990 and was the first Croatian fighting unit in the Croatian War of Independence. It was also the only fighting unit of Croatian forces at the time. During the course of the Croatian War of Independence, only 14 officers were killed and 52 wounded in the unit of 350 members.

Now it has around 200 highly trained members. Theirs training includes alpinism, parashooting, diving, marital arts, weapons range, climbing,.. they are considered to be one of the most elite anti-terrorist unit in Eastern Europe, they also trained wit FBI HRT,

Famous MMA fighter Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipović was a member of this unit for 6 years.

] Equipment

* M4A1 SOPMOD

* MP5

* G36C

* MP7

* H&K UMP

* HS 2000 / XD

* VHS rifle

* M-24

specijalci134ao9kt1.jpg

and I would like moderator to make a poll about units that have been showed,.. so we can se who get the most points,...

Our local swat. Not too sure about the weapons. They kinda use what ever they find on the side of the highway next to the county jailhouse

Are you kidding me??

the 2 in the middle,...well how can i say this nice??

hmm they don't really look like swat material??

SWAT%20near%20Car.jpg

Source

DSCN2364.JPG

Source

Too lazy to dig up pics, but we use an old bank car for our swat truck. An International brand if I recall right.

Not sure how many officers we have, but our SWAT officers are usually on patrol working traffic duty so they usually respond in there patrol car. In some rare cases officers with take home cars will be forced to respond even if there off duty. For example there was a young male walking near a high school with a rifle(or maybe shotgun) and SWAT was there suiting up on scene breaking from there normal patrol duties and some off duty officers with take home cars were told to respond as well.

Too lazy to dig up pics, but we use an old bank car for our swat truck. An International brand if I recall right.

Not sure how many officers we have, but our SWAT officers are usually on patrol working traffic duty so they usually respond in there patrol car. In some rare cases officers with take home cars will be forced to respond even if there off duty. For example there was a young male walking near a high school with a rifle(or maybe shotgun) and SWAT was there suiting up on scene breaking from there normal patrol duties and some off duty officers with take home cars were told to respond as well.

Same for me. We've got a small police force, so we don't have dedicated SWAT

SWAT does not exist in most countries. The word SWAT is only an acronym for the American special forces and some other international law enforcement departments. You should say special forces, special operations or elite tactical team instead. :1046275767_ugly:

- The Netherlands has the Arrestatieteams (AT; Arrest-team) who perform similar tasks like American SWAT teams. Pic: click. More information, see SWAT: click

- There is also the Brigade Speciale Beveiligingsopdrachten (BSB; Special Protection Tasks Brigade), a special unit of the Dutch gendarmerie corps. Pic: click. More information: click

- And there is the Unit Interventie Mariniers (UIM; Unit Intervention Marines) specialized in counter-terrorism operations. Formerly known as BBE. Pic: click. More information: click

edit:

[917893678251 mode]This is why Al-Qaida has not messed with the Netherlands yet. :popcorn: [/917893678251 mode]

This is my local SWAT team

the ones that started it all.

Actually the Swat teams correctly speaking were started here, after the UT tower shooter incident police departments all around the US and world saw the need for a specialized unit to deal with high risk situations. But in terms yes LA created the first.

This is why Al Qaeda doesn't mess with China.

because they stand on APC's???

thought they did that world wide.

bribie2.jpg

edit:

[917893678251 mode]This is why Al-Qaida has not messed with the Netherlands yet. :popcorn: [/917893678251 mode]

And here is wass thinking they did not do that, cause off we are to small and un important country for that...

On another note, who would dare to strike harry potter? even voldemort could not kill him.

balkenende.jpg

Our local swat. Not too sure about the weapons. They kinda use what ever they find on the side of the highway next to the county jailhouse

hahaha they can be kind of scary in the dark for sure ,... :)

This is my local SWAT team

the ones that started it all.

they all carry handguns.

main weapon depends on the situation.

one of my favorites,... do you know what kind of handguns they use? and SWAT truck is awesome,.. Is that a firefighter truck redisegn for police?

Do you have any information about equipment they use? any action video

here is some of the recent action of atj lučko - men in a car full of gasoline with a lighter in a hand tried to blow up the building,...

The fastest SWAT force in the world. I don't know how they can freakin jump in vans :O. Their SWAT officers nationwide in different sectors including the PAP,SPU,SWCU,PLA Special operations force, and immediate action unit adds up to like 800 thousand.

I wouldunt say they are the fastes, because that video is fasted up,.... but they look good,... thougt I like SWAT truck with ladder,....

SWAT does not exist in most countries. The word SWAT is only an acronym for the American special forces and some other international law enforcement departments. You should say special forces, special operations or elite tactical team instead. :1046275767_ugly:

- The Netherlands has the Arrestatieteams (AT; Arrest-team) who perform similar tasks like American SWAT teams. Pic: click. More information, see SWAT: click

- There is also the Brigade Speciale Beveiligingsopdrachten (BSB; Special Protection Tasks Brigade), a special unit of the Dutch gendarmerie corps. Pic: click. More information: click

- And there is the Unit Interventie Mariniers (UIM; Unit Intervention Marines) specialized in counter-terrorism operations. Formerly known as BBE. Pic: click. More information: click

edit:

ok,.. i took a wrong word, but it is ok, because everyone understod,...

What of those are primary unit which deals with toughest missions ?

In Argentina The G.E.O.F is like the Swat . geof means grupo especial de operaciones federales ( special group of federal operations)

I see they using mp5 and SCAR,... any info about members, training, equipment ?

because they stand on APC's???

thought they did that world wide.

And here is wass thinking they did not do that, cause off we are to small and un important country for that...

On another note, who would dare to strike harry potter? even voldemort could not kill him.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The fastest SWAT force in the world. I don't know how they can freakin jump in vans :O. Their SWAT officers nationwide in different sectors including the PAP,SPU,SWCU,PLA Special operations force, and immediate action unit adds up to like 800 thousand.

I thought you weren't from China, so this post's irrelevent surely?

Being British we don't have SWAT per se. We have local Armed Response Units (in ARV's that are normally Ford Galaxies or Vauxhall Merivas) but Thames Valley Police (my area) also have an armoured Land Rover for siege sitatuions

The ARU's in my area all have the Glock 17 sidearm and normally the MP5A3 SMG, although they are starting to use the G36C and Colt M16 Assault Rifles.

The OC-D

I thought you weren't from China, so this post's irrelevent surely?

Being British we don't have SWAT per se. We have local Armed Response Units (in ARV's that are normally Ford Galaxies or Vauxhall Merivas) but Thames Valley Police (my area) also have an armoured Land Rover for siege sitatuions

The ARU's in my area all have the Glock 17 sidearm and normally the MP5A3 SMG, although they are starting to use the G36C and Colt M16 Assault Rifles.

The OC-D

I am from China,someone doesn't know me well enough :)

Training of the GEOF group:

The standard training is 20 weeks, divided into two periods, where only 15% of the total approved by satisfactorily. In the same techniques learned sniper, skydiving, martial arts, handling explosives, known as "brecheros. The GEOF constantly trains with special units from other countries including the FBI, the U.S. Army and numerous groups of SWAT. The GEOF has jurisdiction throughout the country and are known as "4T" (all-terrain all-time)

Weapons(Sorry if it is bad 'cause I used Google Translate):

as weapons are concerned, the GEOF assault rifle has the signature SIG 552 Commando in his model, in cal. 223 R. As a secondary weapon, the staff of the panel carries the H & K USP pistol in cal. .45 ACP.

Moreover, as regards precision, snipers are equipped with sniper rifles of the firm H & S PRECISION, one of the models with bolt action Remington 700 and the other with the same drive system but the firm WINCHESTER Model 70 in his classic, both in lime. 308 W. Both models of rifles, optical sights have variable increases trademarks of Leupold and Springfield Armory (the latter with illuminated reticle).

The ammunition used by the latter's arms Winchester brand, model Gold Medal, and features a tip Match HPBT Sierra, from 168 grains

I am from China,someone doesn't know me well enough :)

OCD is most likely referring to the thread title:

everyone are free to make a representation of their town/country SWAT

In which case his arguement is quite correct.

Suppose it depends on context...

as ocd has pointed out, Britain doesn't have SWAT teams, just ARUs. I think my region only has about 9-12 ARUs available. Closest I'll ever see armed officers will be at Edinburgh airport.

790253675_9795e0f37d.jpg

Picture is almost 3 years old, but I don't think anything's changed.

I haven't seen US swat much so i can post china's SWAT

I've never seen an ARU in Fife, so that makes it ok that I post about the French :1046275767_ugly:

The French have the GIPN and they're really cool. Look at how badass they are.

4147349409_f34bbd2845.jpg

Their main rifles come from Germany, because Germans know how to make guns.

And they have really cool stuff too like this van that has ladders and stuff.

See the helicopter? And how it dropping guys onto the deck of the boat? That was awesome.

And how they hid on top of the train? Ninja skills right there. :ph34r:

They're probably the best in the world. :prop:

hahaha they can be kind of scary in the dark for sure ,... :)

one of my favorites,... do you know what kind of handguns they use? and SWAT truck is awesome,.. Is that a firefighter truck redisegn for police?

Do you have any information about equipment they use? any action video

most carry the M1911 pistol

the rest is I get, I die.

@917893678251: Sorry, it's just I swear I read somewhere you'd posted that.

@hunter42: I thought the French had GIGN. Groupe Intervention Gendarmerie Nationale? Germans make good guns, Heckler and Koch in particular: like the G36C with Reflex scope in your ARU picture and the MP5SD on the far right of the GIPN photo. I just noticed the Airport Officer also has a Tazer.

The OC-D