frankie1988

SWAT Units - worldwide -

I think you shouldn't mess with Chinese SWAT Forces:

Don't forget this one:

(make sure to turn off the music)

Most special forces in other countries do get similar training and equipment. There are many ways to scale a wall or to enter a building. That's all about tactics and is different in each situation. Climbing a wall without a rope is not that important. I do think there is a big difference in fighting techniques between countries. It seems like that most of these Asian special forces do learn some exotic fighting style. Funny thing is, most Asians I know are MUCH shorter than me and I am only 1,86 meter (6'1"), what is about the average height for a male in my country I think. Besides that, smashing roof tiles with your head is impressive but not that special. Or do you think that their skulls are harder or something? (iLol) A video doesn't say that much. Qualities like survival skills, stamina, strenght and endurance are very important too. And what about negotiation skills and after care services or even the whole organisation? When you just had to to kill someone (because it's your job) you will most likely need mental aid. Videos like that do only make me laugh (espcially the tree hugging in the other video), because it is in no way a representation of 'how good' the special forces of a certain country actually are. China is very big and I do not expect a special forces team can reach any place within the hour there.

What makes special forces of a certain country good anyway? The ability to solve situations without the use of (lethal) force should be more important than training anyway in my opinion. I rather see statistics of that.

What makes special forces of a certain country good anyway? The ability to solve situations without the use of (lethal) force should be more important than training anyway in my opinion. I rather see statistics of that.

As we said in the army,....IF you go out with 10 and come back with 10 you did good.

Don't forget this one:

Most special forces in other countries do get similar training and equipment. There are many ways to scale a wall or to enter a building. That's all about tactics and is different in each situation. Climbing a wall without a rope is not that important. I do think there is a big difference in fighting techniques between countries. It seems like that most of these Asian special forces do learn some exotic fighting style. Funny thing is, most Asians I know are MUCH shorter than me and I am only 1,86 meter (6'1"), what is about the average height for a male in my country I think. Besides that, smashing roof tiles with your head is impressive but not that special. Or do you think that their skulls are harder or something? (iLol) A video doesn't say that much. Qualities like survival skills, stamina, strenght and endurance are very important too. And what about negotiation skills and after care services or even the whole organisation? When you just had to to kill someone (because it's your job) you will most likely need mental aid. Videos like that do only make me laugh (espcially the tree hugging in the other video), because it is in no way a representation of 'how good' the special forces of a certain country actually are. China is very big and I do not expect a special forces team can reach any place within the hour there.

Well,China usually uses lethal force but no in the head,usually in the arm.The requirements for like any job in China is like 1.7 meters so I consider you 0.25 meters taller than me?

Well,China usually uses lethal force but no in the head,usually in the arm.The requirements for like any job in China is like 1.7 meters so I consider you 0.25 meters taller than me?

You do know that lethal force is the same as deadly force? That basically means you can kill someone. Or in different words: the last option to stop a person. More information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadly_force

edit: I am just saying that pictures/videos do not really represent the effectiveness of these forces.

Don't forget this one:

totaly agree,... SWAT and other tactical units are primary life saving organisation not life taking,....

ATJ Lučko use combination of ju-jitsu - karate and capoeira,.. and in 15 (in war they were like SAS , working behind enemy lines and missions like that, so they werent anything like today) years of service they dont have even one hostage dead, only two slightli injured by efect of flasbangs.,... also neiteher one of the perps died ,...

They only use deadly force on illegal drug raids if the suspects don't comply and have weapons while taking some hostages too. They also use deadly force in some hostage situations,like if the hostage taker won't put his gun down,they may shoot him in the head.

Then i would rather face swat or SAS units to save my sorry ass then the Chinese swat.

I saw one of theirs action on some video, and didnt like becauese they with their actions threathen the life of the hostige,... it was a situation in a bus, a guy was holding hostige on neck, and threathing her with a knife,.. police and SWAT were outside, then one SWAT member while standinb by the window negotiating with hostige taker, pulls out a gun and shoothed him in the head, perp dies instantly,..

they can ended it more safer I think,...

I saw one of theirs action on some video, and didnt like becauese they with their actions threathen the life of the hostige,... it was a situation in a bus, a guy was holding hostige on neck, and threathing her with a knife,.. police and SWAT were outside, then one SWAT member while standinb by the window negotiating with hostige taker, pulls out a gun and shoothed him in the head, perp dies instantly,..

they can ended it more safer I think,...

Well isn't that nice......

Committing murder(cause there was no need for lethal action at that time).

Putting the life of the hostage in danger.

and by shooting a criminal in the head, he probably gave the hostage a nice set of mental trauma with it.

1. having a bullet hit someone nearby.

2. if he missed, she/he be dead.

3. seeing a dead body.

4. being scared shit less, cause when you hear that gun firing,(and you are in a hostage position) you will crap your pants.

Oh! Oh! Has anyone said the Pittsburgh SWAT yet???

Here:

post-7292-1265500123_thumb.jpg

I couldn't get a truck pic... Sorry. It looks like the one for LA above^^

OCD is most likely referring to the thread title:

In which case his arguement is quite correct.

Suppose it depends on context...

as ocd has pointed out, Britain doesn't have SWAT teams, just ARUs. I think my region only has about 9-12 ARUs available. Closest I'll ever see armed officers will be at Edinburgh airport.

790253675_9795e0f37d.jpg

Picture is almost 3 years old, but I don't think anything's changed.

is that a HS 2000 handgun on picture?

Here's how they usually hand hostage situations.They have like 10-30 snipers pointing at the hostage taker,when the cops come in to negotiate with them,the sniper shoots their hand or somewhere,then the police use their arresting techniques to arrest them.

shooting at a hand of perp is not good at all, because muscle of the suspect can simultanosly strech and make hostige taker to shoot the hostage,.... so every sniper from that kind of unit is told and learned at academy to shot target in the nose or behind the ear,... because then target lose all his function, and muscels relax so it cannot pull trigge.,.. sniper will never shoot at target at other part of the body if hes threating someonelse life,..... at least - thats how it works in my country,...

btw. sorry for bad english,.. ;)

Here's how they usually hand hostage situations.They have like 10-30 snipers pointing at the hostage taker,when the cops come in to negotiate with them,the sniper shoots their hand or somewhere,then the police use their arresting techniques to arrest them.
10-30 snipers? Are they that incompetent?

Oh yeah, Tucson SWAT

3189507416_625c3127da.jpg

3226550764_7ae96cd6d0.jpg

4223793137_cfd6374a41.jpg

l1212720716.jpg

l1212721954.jpg

bpsrt165.gif

FBI HRT

That is how a Hostage Rescue Team should work. Not a bunch of morons roping in through a window and stepping all over the roof so the hostage takers inside know you are there already.

is that a HS 2000 handgun on picture?

No, in his drop leg holster is an Austrian made Glock 17, he is carrying a German Made Heckler and Koch G36 Assault Rifle and in his left brest pocket is an American/British made Tazer (I think).)

Feel free to correct me on the Tazer.

The OC-D

You should never shoot a guy holding hostages with a gun pointed at a hostage, because when the perp dies all the muscles will tighten and he might pull the trigger

Sometimes that has to happen. If the hostage can't be lure away. And the person with the gun might shoot the hostage when they are at the breaking point.

You might talk for hours and get no where with them. That's when you have to take action and that's why we have Swat Teams to catch them unguarded.

learned at academy to shot target in the nose or behind the ear,... because then target lose all his function, and muscels relax so it cannot pull trigger

If you shoot someone in the head, they die. I didn't know that SWAT were taught to kill people, even if they are hostage takers. Do SWAT do this in other countries?

If you shoot someone in the head, they die. I didn't know that SWAT were taught to kill people, even if they are hostage takers. Do SWAT do this in other countries?

you didnt get the point of that post, I was reffering about someone else post who was saying that sniper will shoot perp at hand so they can arrest him,... so I said that sniper will never do that, they will shoot him in the head - because otherwise he could kill hostige,... or thats how it works in my country,...

I said sniper - not SWAT,.. and yeah, SWAT is life saving organisation not life taking,.... if the negotiation fails they do what need to be done, even if they need to kill the perp, which is the last ressort .. they always tries to deal with situation more peacefully,... where neither perp or victims being harmed or dead,....

You should never shoot a guy holding hostages with a gun pointed at a hostage, because when the perp dies all the muscles will tighten and he might pull the trigger

thats why the snipers are told to shoot only at nose or behind ear, because muscles relaxes and perp cannot pull the trigger,... dies instatly,.