racer123246

Google Sketchup

I noticed I've been making alot of question topics.... lol

Anyways, I wanted some help on Sketchup. I've made a really realistic lightbar (code 3) and I might need to scale it down.... I also need to change the format to that of the EM4 editor.

So, please help if you can.

Thanks!

Racer

I don't think Sketchup models can be exported in the format that EM4 uses. For EM4 to recognize it you would have to export it then import it into Zmodeler. I'm not completely sure what types the files need to be.

Can you post a pic of it? I would like to see what it looks like.

As far as I know, you must have registered versions of both and export using sketchup to 3ds then import into zmod and export as a v3o

Thats... nice.... Too much $ oh well....

I'm broke :(

I'll post a pic later today, just keep watch for it.

I'll give a description:

It has 'takedowns' in front (2) and an advisor on the back. Inside the lightbar itself I made every "light" their own compartment, (realistic so no shine-through)

There are a few around here with both an pro sketch up and pro Z modeler.

Maybe you can talk/search for them, and ask them if they are willing to scale and save it in .v3o format for you.

Good idea, Here's the pic!!!

post-7292-1265149585_thumb.jpg

Sorry for crappy quality....

(Zoom in so you could see the sections between the lights :) )

Did I do good???

Thanks, & guess what? I finally got a Wii! I used it to type this...

Good idea, Here's the pic!!!

Sorry for crappy quality....

(Zoom in so you could see the sections between the lights :) )

Did I do good???

nice lightbar! :)

i 've got sketchup pro and zmodeler registered , so can send me the lightbars and i convert them, PM me and then i send you my e-mail adress so you can send me the file

I don't know if I should scale them down, or what because it's big in sketchup, I just zoomed out... I have a few more models, some buildings and other stuff. I'll upload them ASAP.

post-7292-1265322866_thumb.jpg

In this picture is an Arrow Light, a Fire Department, and Police Department. I made them :)

Unfortunately though, I forgot to save the arrow light... which is the thing I mostly wanted converted... Dang :1046274283_heul:1046276347_thefinger.gif

2/5/10:

Ok, today I wanted to see what my lightbar looked like on an Impala, so I downloaded one and here's the pics!

Without...

post-7292-1265407752_thumb.jpg

With...

post-7292-1265407763_thumb.jpg

I'll be testing more vehicles to see which car it looks best on, and I'll upload more pictures.

Till then,

Ciao

I've got a few more coming, and I might send them to Ale... But I want to wait until I'm used to the program and I can build better models.

I don't know if I should scale them down, or what because it's big in sketchup, I just zoomed out... I have a few more models, some buildings and other stuff. I'll upload them ASAP.

Without...

With...

I'll be testing more vehicles to see which car it looks best on, and I'll upload more pictures.

Till then,

Ciao

Thats your Impala? or just some edits?

Lol, how could I make a car? I don't even know how to make the curved lines! (I mean, I do, but not so that they connect smoothly...)

So today I'll be messing around with this and the editor, to try to make my station work finally, and so on...

Lol, how could I make a car? I don't even know how to make the curved lines! (I mean, I do, but not so that they connect smoothly...)

So today I'll be messing around with this and the editor, to try to make my station work finally, and so on...

Anyway even in such using you must made a copyright

(in using with realase - premmision from auther)

I would assume I'm able to use the model if the author had put the model up for download on 3D Warehouse... I'll look at their page to see.

More vehicles:

Note: speaking of copyright, I did not make any of the components used for this model XD.

Here Are Some Pics:

GMC Topkick Van

post-7292-1265661729_thumb.jpg

So basically I searched and found multiple items and practically just pasted them onto the truck. I'm not completely sure on who made what, but I did not make anything. Except for editing the truck and some stuff, I only pasted.

Also, I probably won't be realeasing these models, maybe my lightbar (because it's mine) and possibly the van above if I ask all the people and such...

I edited some small stuff like the colors, the headlights, I had to attach stuff so I make some platforms to attach everything to. I also made the diamond on the back and small things like that.

At first I thought you couldn't edit components (like the colors, etc.) but with the Mighty Right Click I figured it out...

Here's a list of the things I used:

The Van Itself

Small Rectangular LED Lights

Pushbar

Ladder

Road signs (On The Back)

I'm working on making a map with construction vehicles. It's road work, and there was a water main break so now they have to work on the street.

It should be done in a couple days or so.

~Racer~

Well, surprisingly, I finished in less than an hour ago. So here are some pics.

May I add: I DID MAKE STUFF IN THIS ONE, LOL

I made the map itself, the gap it the road, the textures and terrains, and the pipes. I edited alot of things too, but mostly just size and color. Most things were made by Google, and others.

post-7292-1265752154_thumb.jpg

post-7292-1265752159_thumb.jpg